[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,932

Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2019, 11:30 AM |#1351  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Missing notifications
From time to time, isoled applications from Island partition stop getting notifications on the phone, despite restarting or closing/opening work profile... Is there a way to reliably reset notification behavior or debug it in order to understand why notifications are blocked? My phone is a OnePlus5, Thanks !
31st October 2019, 06:34 AM |#1352  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Hi OP @oasisfeng

I've been using island since it's available. Even it's "beta" but I think it's as stable as MR. I'm in God mode with rooted device.

Not sure if it's possible to have a feature that go directly to island by inputting island password and/or fingerprint from lockscreen?
31st October 2019, 07:04 AM |#1353  
Flag Warangal
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwg

Hi OP @oasisfeng

I've been using island since it's available. Even it's "beta" but I think it's as stable as MR. I'm in God mode with rooted device.

Not sure if it's possible to have a feature that go directly to island by inputting island password and/or fingerprint from lockscreen?

Similar to the second space of the miui right?? Different partitions in the system
9th November 2019, 05:48 PM |#1354  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I know that Island separates my Accounts from the main Android phone. But how can i manage these accounts on Island? I didnt found a setting for that... Phone is a Samsung S9

Update: found it in system settings > Workprofile
13th November 2019, 07:39 AM |#1355  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goncalofree

Hi im writing to ask if is possible to play 2 accounts at same time whit out 1 froze

if you have a Samsung with pie outofthebox just install multistar (it is a goodlock module if you are not able to use it like for country restrictions use this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-t3908648/amp/ ) goodlock is samsung only and pie out of the box because i tried it on a s7 before and doesn't work even in pie at least i couldn't i don't know if it works on s8 and up.... i use it for the same purpose hahaha and i just flashed a rom by corsicanu i think there are also s8 and s9 versions. with it you can use securefolder again and in mine (oneui s10) there is a modded version of dual apps you should try it and if you only have 2 accounts this is the best option because of global performance... before last pogo update i used to have the google and Samsung store versions and only needed dual apps profile (see the sc this is actual time)

I have mentioned this before about workprofile's apps not displayed in recents, actually just by pressing the recents button if you try to go back pressing the back button you can't. you have to look for the app again and launch it, does not refresh itself or start a new copy is just not displayed in recents screen... i think it's only a rooted condition but i don't know because securefolder's apps are displayed in recents like a normal profile app
13th November 2019, 09:44 AM |#1356  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Island setup problems Galaxy Note 8
Hi there,

I´m facing issues with island on my device
Im using an Galaxy Note 8 (dual sim version) stock ROM android 9.0 rooted with Magisk. since its a rooted device im using the root setup method provided inside the island App itself.

Island asks for root privileges and seems to do some stuff in the background, suddenly island stops and the phone is totally laggy, about 1 minute later the phone restarts itself. Once its restarted, I can see the work profile and some apps that are already installed in the workspace. However, i can not use any of them, no settings, no apps... and im not able to start the island APP anymore, it asks me for the pincode and crashes instantly.

I guess the fact that the phone restarted itself while island probably setup the work profile isnt a good sign.
Is there Anything i can do ? i already tried to delete cache and data - same results.

i´ve successfully installed island on my old Galaxy A5-2016 (Android 7.0) ... so i guess im not to stupid :P

regards
J0gurt
17th November 2019, 01:40 AM |#1357  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm using Huawei mate 20x and just updated to Android 10. Now when the system restarts, the work profile prompts for password also and as a result, the Nova launcher doesn't stick. Need to switch manually from Huawei launcher to Nova launcher after going into the system. Also, it seems that the cloned apps can no longer use some of the keyboards from the main profile. Like the Gboard option is no longer available for the work profile. Can advise any ways to resolve this? Thanks
Yesterday, 08:52 PM |#1358  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0gurt

Hi there,

I´m facing issues with island on my device
Im using an Galaxy Note 8 (dual sim version) stock ROM android 9.0 rooted with Magisk. since its a rooted device im using the root setup method provided inside the island App itself.

have you only installed it once? if yes try to delete it and install again i find it easy in a terminal just look for the user id with

adb shell pm list users (or just pm part if you are rooted and have a terminal emulator installed)

mine is user 10 so

pm remove-user 10

and install again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)