[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,948

Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2020, 03:41 PM |#1381  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi laclac,

I am already using Xprivacx Lua for the purpose of protecting my private data.
However, some banking apps have a root detection, which prevents me from using them.
This is why I was hoping to run them successfully in a sandboxed environment in Island, but I am still not able to install it with the manual steps.

Regards,
Stefan
13th January 2020, 03:55 PM |#1382  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan6183

Hi laclac,

I am already using Xprivacx Lua for the purpose of protecting my private data.
However, some banking apps have a root detection, which prevents me from using them.
This is why I was hoping to run them successfully in a sandboxed environment in Island, but I am still not able to install it with the manual steps.

Regards,
Stefan

Thank you Sefan
Yes, Island does not bypass root protection, unfortunately.
The only advantage with App Ops, for me is that it allows apps to not know which apps are installed.
Amazon, for example, sniffs the list and App Ops cannot block it. Amazon in Island, lets amazon not know the list of apps you have.

If you have Aurora Store (an open source alternative to google play), you no longer need google to know the list of your apps.
Except that Aurora does not manage paid apps. Putting google play in island can be a good solution.
17th January 2020, 02:40 PM |#1383  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 45

More
--original post is an issue I though was Island related. Turns out it is app related so I deleted my post. --
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)