[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

1,358 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,974

Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2020, 01:24 AM |#1491  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts
Yes the app is gone from the play store. Not sure why .. anyone ?

I want to add... The app is working great for me on OnePlus 6 beta Android 10.

Edit.... Reading back, the issues people are having. That's likely why it was pulled.
29th June 2020, 07:22 AM |#1492  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
The reason it was pulled from play store was due to problem with their policy, explained here...

https://github.com/oasisfeng/island/issues/105

There are frequent updates on github, the latest at the moment v4.5.4 was released just 6 days ago. Its working fine for me on OP3T, OP6T and Samsung Tab with BLISS ROM.

I use Island to keep my apps that detect root separate from the mainland, rooted with Magisk, and for me its just working as expected.
The Following User Says Thank You to btb55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btb55 Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 07:58 PM |#1493  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btb55

The reason it was pulled from play store was due to problem with their policy, explained here...

https://github.com/oasisfeng/island/issues/105

There are frequent updates on github, the latest at the moment v4.5.4 was released just 6 days ago. Its working fine for me on OP3T, OP6T and Samsung Tab with BLISS ROM.

I use Island to keep my apps that detect root separate from the mainland, rooted with Magisk, and for me its just working as expected.

I just wish I could get Island to work on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.3 without it disabling my ability to use my SIM card. I really want that same island/mainland partitioning.
30th June 2020, 11:45 AM |#1494  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoMan

I just wish I could get Island to work on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.3 without it disabling my ability to use my SIM card. I really want that same island/mainland partitioning.

I saw your previous post regarding the SIM issue and hesitated before installing Island on my OP6T. So I installed it first on a spare OP3T, got familiarised with how it works and set up a few apps and all was good, then made a back-up on the OP6T and installed there too.

Which version of Island are you on?

After installing all i did was go to phone settings and give the 'work profile' its own security settings, PIN and fingerprint setup, (without doing that apps in Island couldn't use fingerprint logon), then run PlayStore under Island and login. After that I cloned a few apps to Island and they just worked. I also use AFWall+ so had to enable 'Island' in preferences and enable the Island apps separately to allow in them in the firewall.

At no point did my SIM not work.

PS My OP6T is still on Oxygen Android 9
The Following User Says Thank You to btb55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btb55 Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 12:49 AM |#1495  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btb55

I saw your previous post regarding the SIM issue and hesitated before installing Island on my OP6T. So I installed it first on a spare OP3T, got familiarised with how it works and set up a few apps and all was good, then made a back-up on the OP6T and installed there too.

Which version of Island are you on?

After installing all i did was go to phone settings and give the 'work profile' its own security settings, PIN and fingerprint setup, (without doing that apps in Island couldn't use fingerprint logon), then run PlayStore under Island and login. After that I cloned a few apps to Island and they just worked. I also use AFWall+ so had to enable 'Island' in preferences and enable the Island apps separately to allow in them in the firewall.

At no point did my SIM not work.

PS My OP6T is still on Oxygen Android 9

Thank you for your reply, and I'm glad you got Island to work for you!

I did my tests a while ago, and I don't recall which version of Island I tried. I believe it was the latest one on this site referenced in the OP:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3fmjigfej...R0uQcy6Ea?dl=0

As far as I remember, I performed all of the installation steps as documented and set up a work profile as you did, except I didn't do anything regarding PIN and fingerprint setup, since I don't normally use those security features. Everything seemed to work fine, except my SIM.

I'm using Oxygen Android 10 (OOS 10.3.3) on an OP 7Pro that is rooted via Magisk 20.4, and perhaps my problem is due to my OS version, my Magisk setup, or my device ... ???

It's also entirely possible that I made some sort of mistake when installing or configuring Island, and one of these days when I have a lot of spare time, I'll try again.

But before I do, I'd like to know whether anyone has successfully gotten Island to work specifically on a Magisk-rooted OP 7Pro running OOS 10.3.3.
2nd July 2020, 10:35 PM |#1496  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi I have three questions:

1. how can I use island to hide apps?
2. when I plug my phone to the PC, in what directory can I find the sandboxed files? Are they hidden?
3. how can I put a file or a directory outside the sandboxed area?
6th July 2020, 01:12 PM |#1497  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Do we know why the google store app is not up to date ?
I still need to go retrieve it on the dropbox regulary
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)