[APP][5.0+][BETA] Island - app freezing, privacy protection, parallel accounts

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,926

Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2017, 12:20 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I have been playing with Island for 2 days now
I am confused about cloning apps to Island that save/export data, let's say for example an app that puts filter effects on pictures and saves / exports data to gallery.
How can I access this data in mainland? I searched for filepath system/emulated/10 but it doesn't show up in mainland...
If I go to filemanager in Island I can't access mainland folders is that normal behaviour?

24th November 2017, 07:24 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Copy the files you want to swap between island and mainland to the memorycard.
24th November 2017, 08:29 PM |#503  

More
I have only internal sdcard and no external and I can find no folder or location to share.
25th November 2017, 08:56 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku90

Hello,
As far as I know, there are two ways todo that.

1) open the playstore from island, loginto a dummy gmail account (NOT your normal one) and install the app you want. It will only be in island now.

2) download the apk-file of the app (from apkmirror f.ex) and put it on the memorycard. Open island's filebrowser and navigate to the memorycard. From there you can install the apk-file and it will only be in island.

Jeah thats it ^_^

Thank you. Arigatou gozaimasu (^^♪
25th November 2017, 10:09 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,
I have installed this application on my Xiaomi Redmi 4 Note (MIUI 8, rooted)
It put phone and contacts on Island.
After I have test Island application, I have removed Island profile and application.
But now I can't open both phone and contact applications. They simple blink and closed.
How can I repair them?

UPD I have found the reason. By Contact application was switched off permission to access phone application. After switching on all work perfect.
25th November 2017, 04:16 PM |#506  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaranQ

I have been playing with Island for 2 days now
I am confused about cloning apps to Island that save/export data, let's say for example an app that puts filter effects on pictures and saves / exports data to gallery.
How can I access this data in mainland? I searched for filepath system/emulated/10 but it doesn't show up in mainland...
If I go to filemanager in Island I can't access mainland folders is that normal behaviour?

The stock file manager should be able to copy files between Island and mainland. Just click the folder icon in the action bar of Island app.
25th November 2017, 04:20 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kucher

Hi,
I have installed this application on my Xiaomi Redmi 4 Note (MIUI 8, rooted)
It put phone and contacts on Island.
After I have test Island application, I have removed Island profile and application.
But now I can't open both phone and contact applications. They simple blink and closed.
How can I repair them?

UPD I have found the reason. By Contact application was switched off permission to access phone application. After switching on all work perfect.

Thanks for your finding. Seems like MIUI has some strange compatibility issues here and there with Android for Work, according to user reports.
26th November 2017, 03:58 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
I've been using Island for awhile now and it's worked flawlessly, until yesterday. It seemed to have an issue with webview. I tried using the "cloning" button but it did not work. I fully deleted the app and when I try and re-install v2.5 on my OPO 3T, it gets to Accept & Continue and gets "Work Profile setup has stopped". I made Island device admin, cleared data/cache a few time to no avail. The app works so well to keep apps in control I hate to not be able to use it. Thanks for any suggestions!!
26th November 2017, 08:59 PM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

The stock file manager should be able to copy files between Island and mainland. Just click the folder icon in the action bar of Island app.

Thanks I missed the internal storage switch, the first item in the hamburger menu 😁
27th November 2017, 05:28 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
So far I really love the application! But is it possible to install an App to the Island with a different signature but the same package name as the Mainland App? So far I'm getting the usual package can't install error. Maybe the are some "ADB hacks" for this task? So far I haven't found anything in the thread regarding this topic. But sorry if I missed something and it's already answered.
28th November 2017, 12:05 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it possible to access the island root folder ?

Edit: i've found it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)