16th February 2018, 04:35 PM |#171  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

Hey blk_jack,

Nothing important or that I won't be able to fix myself for my setup, but just a little esthetic thing I've noticed with the app: one of the styles is calling on an "android:style" for the navigation bar.

So in my case, it ends up using a semi-transparent navbar bg which kinda looks weird with the rest of the app...

Do you think that this should be defined in one of the app's style so that the navbar background is as the statusbar bg no matter what theme people are using?

That's it, thanks.

Hey AL was following this until the "navbar background is as teh statusbar bg no matter what theme"? Could you dumb that down for me? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th February 2018, 05:09 PM |#172  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,547

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Hey AL was following this until the "navbar background is as teh statusbar bg no matter what theme"? Could you dumb that down for me? Thanks

Hehe, thanks for following up on that. Well, that post of mine was before I had enough caffeine in me, but yes: instead of just calling an android style, maybe the navbar background could have its own color defined and/or use the same as the one for the statusbar background color.

Well, this answer ain't much different than my last post isn't it.. But once my kids leave me some time on the PC this afternoon, I'll give you specific the attributes/styles and that should clear things up.

So, to be continued...

Edit:

I haven't verified all this yet, but I believe that this attribute:
Code:
     <item name="android:navigationBarColor">?colorPrimaryDark</item>
(or any other choice of colorS for both the light/dark themes)

Could be added to these 2 styles:

<style name="Platform.V21.AppCompat" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material.NoActionBar">

... />

<style name="Platform.V21.AppCompat.Light" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material.Light.NoActionBar">

... />

On my phone's theme, that "android:navigationBarColor" is set as a semi transparent color (#90000000) in the "Theme. Material" style and I believe that's why the navbar is translucent in Feed.
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
16th February 2018, 07:38 PM |#173  
Recognized Contributor

More
Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to verify this yet as although I can compile Feed without errors, my modded apk installation fails (could give the logcat's error code later if required) and modifying my theme Feed's overlay would be quite tedious in order to modify those 2 styles many attributes.

Anyhow, I hope it is now more clear as of an explanation...
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
16th February 2018, 07:46 PM |#174  
Recognized Contributor

More
OK, I took a little bit of time to play with this and I finally succeeded in getting a black navigation bar background by modifying my phone's theme for Feed.
I'll attach the changes I made for Feed's styles here; it should now be obvious what was missing.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Feed_styles.xml - [Click for QR Code] (2.4 KB, 78 views)
22nd March 2018, 10:29 PM |#175  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Please add option for manually setting up current device to view and suggest threads.
The Following User Says Thank You to kibria.mgk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kibria.mgk Ad-Free
23rd March 2018, 05:56 PM |#176  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibria.mgk

Please add option for manually setting up current device to view and suggest threads.

You can achieve this by suggesting via the website.
26th March 2018, 05:45 AM |#177  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Hi there
I wanna say first that feed has evolved very well from the beginning of his development . Good job everyone !
But I faced an issue :
This app Force Close when I go to rankings and I scroll till the 17th name (I suppose that's the end of the ranking).
Please tell me if a logcat is needed or if the issue is reproducible on all phones.
Version : 0.30.5 Debug

Edit #1:
Fixed Itself
15th April 2018, 04:29 PM |#178  
Recognized Contributor

More
Yo!

Something I've noticed regarding in-article pics on this news: https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaom...one-announced/

If we click on one of the 2 side-by-side pictures, the displayed pic is then larger than the width of my phone and there is no way to zoom in/out to see it in full. Same thing happens in landscape view and even worst, unlike in portrait, we can not return to the article by swiping down to refresh. So the only way possible is to return to the main view by pressing the phone's back button and re-select that article again.

I hope this description is clear (and that it is not something already known... )

Cheers

pic attached shows the landscape view once one of the picture is pressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1523806103870.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	4477124  
18th April 2018, 12:15 AM |#179  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

Yo!

Something I've noticed regarding in-article pics on this news: https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaom...one-announced/

If we click on one of the 2 side-by-side pictures, the displayed pic is then larger than the width of my phone and there is no way to zoom in/out to see it in full. Same thing happens in landscape view and even worst, unlike in portrait, we can not return to the article by swiping down to refresh. So the only way possible is to return to the main view by pressing the phone's back button and re-select that article again.

I hope this description is clear (and that it is not something already known... )

Cheers

pic attached shows the landscape view once one of the picture is pressed.

Hmm, couldn't reproduce this on any of my devices. The images appear side by side and I can even scroll left / right in the article.

What version of Webview is your device running? You can find out by going to Developer options -> Webview Implementation. Both my devices have Chrome Stable which seems to render the HTML from the article as intended.
18th April 2018, 05:00 PM |#181  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Hmm, couldn't reproduce this on any of my devices. The images appear side by side and I can even scroll left / right in the article.

What version of Webview is your device running? You can find out by going to Developer options -> Webview Implementation. Both my devices have Chrome Stable which seems to render the HTML from the article as intended.

OK, thanks for your reply.

In fact, I see no problem with the article layout itself. I see the 2 pics properly and I can also scroll the text left and right.

The 'problem' is that when I press one of the 2 pictures, it pops out like an image viewer overlay but it is way too big. The top action bar stays displayed and although I can still scroll left and right the expanded picture, it is then more than twice as large as my screen.

As far as my system Webview version, I couldn't find anything in this regards under the developers options. I must say that my OS is quite outdated though as I'm still running on MM (CM13) hence the potential issue...

Anyhow, it's really a minor issue and I just flagged because I didn't think that is was a matter of webview and thought it was just a layout issue (android:layout_height=fill_parent instead of a wrap_content kindda thing...).

Here's what I get in portrait mode
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1524067223217.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	4479894  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)