Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2017, 07:05 PM |#11  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11,036

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boskoel03

No,my logic do not say rom should exist for every device,do not please turn my logic over. Simple,i think there are devices and manufactures who deserves more from u,from xda,not to follow only popular ones at the moment,there are devices that in way helped to build this site and i think u need to give deserved atenttion to them,that's my point,not that app needs to be on start for all devices,i know that needs a lot of work. Please sir do not bend my words,thanks,and that is all here from me. All the best with this work.

You said "Make it for all devices or not make it at all". Imagine if I went to a PureNexus ROM thread for the Pixel and said that because they didn't support my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

The fact of the matter is that unlike HTC or Samsung, OnePlus has actively reached out to the community in ways very few OEMs have these days (or ever, for that matter). The site may have been started to largely support HTC devices, but HTC has done very little to support our community and their efforts seem to only be decreasing! I say this as a longtime HTC owner who maintained ROMs for HTC devices for years.

I'm going to drop this line of conversation now, but I needed to address the point. It makes sense for XDA to target their largest base of users first -- many of whom own the devices specifically because of the efforts OnePlus has made to engage and support our community.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th April 2017, 07:29 PM |#12  
Recognized Translator
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 662

More
@blk_jack Telegram channel doesn't seem to be chatty Have you finally gave up on IRC and jumped on Telegram boat? Congrats with new app tho
7th April 2017, 07:39 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius

Just want to thank the one and only @blk_jack for his efforts with this app. It was many months in the making! Also credit to @rwestergren for his fancy server work.

@rwestergren is a sorcerer for the server
The Following User Says Thank You to bots444 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bots444 Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 07:47 PM |#14  
Flag █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
Thanks Meter: 674

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Community chat
Want to chat with the team or other Feed users? Want to help debug an issue?
Join us on Telegram in the XDA Feed channel!

I can help you set it up

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs
7th April 2017, 07:54 PM |#15  
Flag Toronto

More
Clearly I'm too used to IRC and screwed up the Telegram channel. I wanted a group, not a channel. So here's the group! https://t.me/xda_feed

Join and say hi if you'd like
sawdoctor
7th April 2017, 08:51 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Make it for all devices or not make it at all! Yes i have read it's for all,but headline oneplus3,most popular!? U all have seems have forgoten how and why this site started,htc,sammy and some more devices have way more reasons to be first one,or even mentioned! They are here for over 10 years as i know,this is so not xda i know. Sorry for first post in tread like this,but u all out there are keep forgetting where and why all started.

Quote:

No,my logic do not say rom should exist for every device,do not please turn my logic over. Simple,i think there are devices and manufactures who deserves more from u,from xda,not to follow only popular ones at the moment,there are devices that in way helped to build this site and i think u need to give deserved atenttion to them,that's my point,not that app needs to be on start for all devices,i know that needs a lot of work. Please sir do not bend my words,thanks,and that is all here from me. All the best with this work.

The OP makes an app for a device he owns thats how it works, he is under no obligation to make anything for any device. I must say if you are requesting him to make it for your device it doesn't sound like a request but more like a demand which certainly isn't allowed on xda

Regards

Sawdcotor
7th April 2017, 08:55 PM |#17  
Flag Caernarfon
Thanks Meter: 2,465

Donate to Me
More
Polish translation in crowdin thanx for the app

Sent from my OnePlus3 using XDA Labs
7th April 2017, 08:59 PM |#18  
Flag Vienna,Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor

The OP makes an app for a device he owns thats how it works, he is under no obligation to make anything for any device. I must say if you are requesting him to make it for your device it doesn't sound like a request but more like a demand which certainly isn't allowed on xda

Regards

Sawdcotor

Read again,he does not own that device,and i have no requests here,u have no need to quote me,i have already said what i have to OP. If u are frustated in any way,find another way ,nothing i said is adressed to u,and i am here for long long time,and i know xda rules very good,do not teach me. If u new moderators or whatever wont to delete my posts feel free,but do not quote me without any need for that.
7th April 2017, 09:01 PM |#19  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarpiin

Polish translation in crowdin thanx for the app

Wow that's amazing, thanks man! Now I need to add a translator credits section to the app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2017, 09:02 PM |#20  
Flag Caernarfon
Thanks Meter: 2,465

Donate to Me
More
Just courious how you adding and choose feeds ? you plan to cover all things for op3 or just most recognized devs ?

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Wow that's amazing, thanks man! Now I need to add a translator credits section to the app

Heh no prob have my own interest in it as my kernels are for OP3

sawdoctor
7th April 2017, 09:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Read again,he does not own that device,and i have no requests here,u have no need to quote me,i have already said what i have to OP. If u are frustated in any way,find another way ,nothing i said is adressed to u,and i am here for long long time,and i know xda rules very good,do not teach me. If u new moderators or whatever wont to delete my posts feel free,but do not quote me without any need for that.

Please don't tell me the rules on xda, if you have any issues then my inbox is always open for you to discuss this but what you posted certainly looked like a demand to me especially with a !! Now lets not derail the thread any more

Regards

Sawdoctor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)