By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 7th April 2017, 03:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
sawdoctor
7th April 2017, 10:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boskoel03

Read again,he does not own that device,and i have no requests here,u have no need to quote me,i have already said what i have to OP. If u are frustated in any way,find another way ,nothing i said is adressed to u,and i am here for long long time,and i know xda rules very good,do not teach me. If u new moderators or whatever wont to delete my posts feel free,but do not quote me without any need for that.

Please don't tell me the rules on xda, if you have any issues then my inbox is always open for you to discuss this but what you posted certainly looked like a demand to me especially with a !! Now lets not derail the thread any more

Regards

Sawdoctor

7th April 2017, 10:29 PM |#22  
Forum Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,469

More
Hey blk_jack, thanks a lot for this new work, already installed and set up.

XDA is about DEVELOPMENT, not about some final products given to the community after a first post. You (we) must start somewhere, alpha/beta, etc. Feed is per device as stated in OP, so choosing at first a popular device is IMHO a good way to get a lot of testers and feedback from members to make the app grows quickly...to implement next devices faster.

So keep up the good work Jeff and thanks again for your valuable contributions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170407_222757.png
Views:	494
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	4104731  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 10:32 PM |#23  
Flag Kumasi
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Don't forget about the Nexus 6

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
7th April 2017, 10:34 PM |#24  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10,742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarpiin

Just courious how you adding and choose feeds ? you plan to cover all things for op3 or just most recognized devs ?

Any and all of the "best" content should be on Feed. Right now it's manually curated based on popular XDA threads and content that we're made aware of (Jump on telegram and send me your links!). In the coming weeks I'll be building out a system or perhaps an API to let users submit links, and a way for commonly suggested content to automatically get promoted to a queue where it can be tweaked/finalized and then approved or denied. The problem with automated it completely is you potentially lose the human element of getting truly the "best" content to users, but without at least some automation, even if it's primarily just the suggestion of "hot" and active content, it's not feasible to support every device on XDA

This app is the closest thing I've made to my ideal experience on XDA for browsing content. Obviously the forum discussions are awesome, but this app should be a no-brainer for anyone using it on a supported device to find out about new or updated things. The entire point, like Labs, is to promote independent Android development -- one device at a time!
The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2017, 10:55 PM |#25  
Flag Caernarfon
Thanks Meter: 2,079

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Any and all of the "best" content should be on Feed. Right now it's manually curated based on popular XDA threads and content that we're made aware of (Jump on telegram and send me your links!). In the coming weeks I'll be building out a system or perhaps an API to let users submit links, and a way for commonly suggested content to automatically get promoted to a queue where it can be tweaked/finalized and then approved or denied. The problem with automated it completely is you potentially lose the human element of getting truly the "best" content to users, but without at least some automation, even if it's primarily just the suggestion of "hot" and active content, it's not feasible to support every device on XDA

This app is the closest thing I've made to my ideal experience on XDA for browsing content. Obviously the forum discussions are awesome, but this app should be a no-brainer for anyone using it on a supported device to find out about new or updated things. The entire point, like Labs, is to promote independent Android development -- one device at a time!

links are in my signature i have stopped OXY kernel for some time but New thread to be opened soon when work will be finished - anyway will drop message onto telegram

Sent from my OnePlus3 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to yarpiin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yarpiin Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 11:52 PM |#26  
Flag Ravensburg
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I really like the app. Big thanks for your effort.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homerstar296 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Homerstar296 Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 11:58 PM |#27  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Eagerly waiting for bacon!
8th April 2017, 12:40 AM |#28  
I know I'm going to get so much heat for this. But this is such a google move. Creating another app when we have another xda app. Why not combine it.
8th April 2017, 03:35 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 640

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milojoseph

I know I'm going to get so much heat for this. But this is such a google move. Creating another app when we have another xda app. Why not combine it.

I had the same question and I asked the dev. He said that it
might be integrated into labs in the future depending on how it goes. The download manager from the app is supposed to be backported into labs, and perhaps the entire app as well. The reason for keeping it separate according to blk_jack was the cruft from the legacy XDA one code used in labs. I'm assuming it's easier to do an alpha test separately and then perhaps integrate into labs when the time comes.
The Following User Says Thank You to knpk13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knpk13 Ad-Free
8th April 2017, 03:46 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 530

More
I'm liking the app, well done 👍
8th April 2017, 04:31 AM |#31  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10,742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milojoseph

Labs is actually two apps already due to Google Play policy, so it wouldn't be as simple as just adding Feed to that app because it itself is already splintered. Interestingly, 90% of Labs' bugs are due to the forum browser part of the app (which WAS XDA One that we combined into Labs), so often just adding more onto an app can create plenty of issues. Ironically, a lot of users want Labs and the forum browser to be completely separate apps and not combined due to the aforementioned issues and perceived bloat.

Feed is a quite different app from the Labs store and the forum browser. What you're proposing is akin to suggesting Google combine two of their different apps, say Hangouts and Gmail together. The same person could send you an email AND send you a message on hangouts, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be combined if the user experience and use is different between them.

That said, of course there's crossover because it's still XDA. I'm not against the possibility of adding a Feed section to Labs, but due to the device-specific content and the sheer variety of Labs users (both Play edition and full), it makes more sense to keep them separate at the moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)