3rd February 2018, 02:13 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2,567

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGodvin

Awewome work!! But is it possible to have an option to pretend to be in another country?(using vpn or something?)

Added to ToDo List
The Following User Says Thank You to WhyOrean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WhyOrean Ad-Free
3rd February 2018, 03:31 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyOrean

Fixed : commit

Wait for next beta.

Ok
3rd February 2018, 11:29 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esgie

I absolutely disagree. Using third-party client to access Play Store IS NOT forbidden via Google TOS thus it cannot be a reason of terminating the contract by Google basing on the pt. 8.3 TOS.

I am aware that yeriomin (the creator of YalpStore) states otherwise in the readme at yalp's github or even in in-app warnings, but I guess the reason he does so is that he's much better programmer than lawyer... And even until now this is being repeated and repeated - but NO ONE took an effort to verify that thesis.

yeriomin indicates that Yalp violates pt. 3.3 of Play Services TOS - available at https://www.google.com/mobile/android/market-tos.html - which in result *may* lead to banning an account (see pt. 8.3). But that pt. 3.3 says:

The facts:

1) So, does Yalp access the store via "the interface that is provided by Google". Let me quote the developer ("How it works" at github): "Yalp Store uses the same (protobuf) API [application programming interface] the android Play Store app uses". Yes, YALP's requesting Play Store content by utilizing exactly the same genuine Google Play set of commands as original Play Store, thus it is true that Google Play is being accessed by interface provided by Google. Period. AFAIK it does not communicate with Play Store by any other means, for example via requests to third party proxy server illegally caching Play Store content or by utilizing http protocol and parsing the response html or any other non-official techniques. The main difference between original Store and Yalp is the way of presenting the data to the user, but the only decisive factor, i.e. accessing the Google Play, is being performed via the very same Google interface. Please also note that even if Yalp uses some undocumented requests, obtained via reverse-engineering (I don't know if it does), it still doesn't violate 3.3 - the only condition the interface has to met is that it has to be "provided by Google". Hidden API, even if undocumented and never announced to the public, is still an interface "provided by Google". I'd rather say that in purpose, this clause was aimed at the ones who are trying to exploit Google Play by issuing somewhat broken API requests looking for some unhandled situations etc.

2) Does yalp access the store via "any automated means" (like scripts or crawlers)? Just run the app once and it'll be obvious that Yalp does perform it's communication with Google Play in result of the decisions made by the user. Yalp has to be operated manually. Yalp does not offer any automation features like queueing the instalation of a lot of apps or pre-buffering any data except the one which is needed to serve the user's request. No, it definitely does not break this clause either. Let me explain that the "robots.txt" part is about the crawlers which are avoiding the fact that they are blacklisted in Google's robots.txt standard configuration file by acting that they are other crawlers. In fact this whole fragmen is mainly aimed at accounts used by some third parties to index huge amount of Play store resources via automated http crawlers, and the data is then used to - for example - provide a fake app store which steals credit card data etc. This condition is not related to YalpStore in any way.

Let's sum up. As you can see, using any third party client DOES NOT violate 3.3 of Google TOS in any aspect - until it does not perform any malicious or forbidden connection attempts or until it does not automatically mine for Play Store resources.

Therefore, there should be no worries to use YalpStore with your daily-driver account.

And besides, that's not even the Google Play ToS. That's the Android Market Terms. Google Play uses a completely different ToS here. So as long as you accepted the Play Terms not the Market ones, I think it's completely OK.
4th February 2018, 08:56 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1,780

More
@WhyOrean do you plan publishing this fork at f-droid?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abacate123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abacate123 Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 03:37 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abacate123

@WhyOrean do you plan publishing this fork at f-droid?

Yes, f-droid please!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to axy_david For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift axy_david Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 06:06 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axy_david

Yes, f-droid please!

Yes publish it on F Droid, it would be amazing. The app looks great colors are amazing. A good app icon and black theme would make this app perfect. Looking forward to it. Thanks for this nice app credit to you and yalp dev.
The Following User Says Thank You to mad2mystic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mad2mystic Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 08:24 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxriter

You can check BlankStore from MicroG. It fakes the Google Play Store. So yes signature spoofing is required from custom rom end. And only if its not too much trouble for you. Good app Material UI still only around 4MB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyOrean

Sure will look unto it..

Two things:

1. BlankStore is and should be considered dead, especially after the release of Yalp Store.

2. BlankStore and FakeStore are meant to replace the com.android.vending package, which is why they need signature spoofing: to pretend to be the Play Store to *other apps on the device.* Something like Yalp or Galaxy does not need and should not use signature spoofing to merely be an app store, even if it provides an interface to download from the Play Store.

TL;DR: signature spoofing is only necessary if the developer wants to implement all of the behavior of the Play Store to apps. To just download and install them, spoofing is not necessary.

I usually install Yalp to priv-app and grant it system user privileges so it can automatically install apps without requiring root, but again, signature spoofing isn't required.

(Sorry about the rant, I wanted to be sure this was cleared up before it went anywhere)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadow53 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shadow53 Ad-Free
5th February 2018, 08:28 AM |#29  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Beta 0.03 crashes when choosing to Download on my Galaxy Tab S3. I was hoping this worked because several developers lock tablets out of the Store (like Apple).
5th February 2018, 03:48 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Will you be releasing Galaxy on F-Droid @WhyOrean? Don't want to ditch Yalp for an app that I'll have to monitor its development of just for updates.
5th February 2018, 04:50 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2,567

Donate to Me
More
@dragon_76 @mad2mystic @axy_david @abacate123 @neeksxda

F-Droid is planned, and I would publish it once Galaxy reaches its stable state,
also F-Droid publish would require proper documentations, so currently the aim is the stability.

For updates currently use XDA Labs, I would do github updates soon.

Thanks for advice and considerations..
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WhyOrean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WhyOrean Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)