If you don't really know why you are here, You can download Gcam here. Gcam is short for Google's camera app that ships with the pixels. Google has been making incredible advances in camera software that they put on their Pixel devices. Most of the magic of the camera quality of pixel's reside in the High Dynamic Range google algorithms. However, this software is not officially available for other devices. BSG is the first developer to have adapted Gcam for other devices. He now has a MI 8, which is very siùilar to the Pocophone, so his ports actually work pretty well on this phone.
Here is a list of the features that make google's software stand apart from all the other stock and 3rd party camera apps. (Not all of them are available in the ports, but more appear with time).
- HDR + and HDR+ Enhanced: That's what most people want Gcam for. The app takes multiple pictures at different exposure levels and combines them to get even lighting. This photography technique is available on many stock cams, but Google's custom implementation of it is generally regarded as highly superior.
- Super Res Zoom: That is a "usebug" feature. When you're taking a picture, unless you have a tripod, you can't hold the phone perfectly still. Google uses this slight movement to take multiple shots, which are then combined to make out more detail for the final image. Where other OEMs add a second camera, Google gives better results with just one.
- Night Sight: where HDR combines multiple under-exposed shots, Night Sight does the same thing with over-exposed and longer exposed images. This produces impossible-before shots with way less noise and blur in very low-light conditions. In Daylight, Night Sight Mode also applies Super res Zoom to the image, giving a lot more detail to your pictures.
- ZSL HDR+: ZSL stands for Zero Shutter Lag. As HDR uses multiple pictures, you need to wait for the phone to snap those multiple shots. ZSL essentially means your phone is always taking pictures and has a couple already buffered when you hit the shutter, so you don't need to wait.
- Portrait Mode: That's blurring that background of an image behind a face. this is a trend on smartphones, and most OEMs implement it by adding a second camera on the back. the two sensors produce a slightly different image and you can calculate from the difference where to blur the image. But Google has decided not to add a second sensor to their phones. The way they pull it off is by local Artificial intelligence to detect faces and blur the rest.
- Photosphere: This is essentially a 360° Panorama. You point around you and the phone takes, then stitches together, multiple images in a sphere around you. You can then view the pictures by moving them around with your fingers, or moving around your phone like a window around you.
- Panorama: That is self-explanatory. like everything else, Gcam takes excellent panoramas.
- Video Recording: Gcam Records video at up to [email protected]
- Slow-Motion: this port can take slow-motion videos at up to [email protected]
- Top Shot: Google's AI is now so good it know what a good image is like. If you hit the shutter too Soon or too late, Google will suggest another shot. It will actually take a dozen out of which you can choose, but will also suggest the best one.
- Photobooth: As the camera is continually shooting and waiting for you to tap the shutter, why couldn't it do this for you too? Once Photobooth is on, you just leave your phone and it will take the picture on its own when it "sees something interesting", like a smile. Essentially, it's an AI photograph for group shots where everyone can fit in and lets you use the back sensor instead of the selfie cam.
- Tracking Autofocus : As the name implies, once you click on an object while filming, it will keep the focus on it however it moves.
I am not a developer, but the subforum is for gcam ports, so here is the one for the Pocophone, with instructions and
Go to this thread, wich always has the last version up.
You are welcome to post your amazing pictures here :
These ports are specifically made for the Pocophone F1. They might or might not work on your phone.
If you find that our APK's work well on your other model, you can open a thread for your phone to help others find a working APK faster and discuss model-specific issues.
If you have bugs, something isn't working correctly, please don't just post "Not Working !!!!" That doesn't help. Give details :
- The model of your Phone, your ROM if you're using one, any fixes installed;
- The name of the apk you're using;
- Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
- A logcat if there's a crash;
- Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;