Play Store link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wyemun.caastme
Update ver 1.3 Support bookmarks management.
This is the first time I'm posting this on DevDB, looks awesomeee!
This project was mainly inspired by the way WeChat and the new WhatsApp scan to login (into the browser web app) feature.
I had this idea to re-purpose the same method into sharing hyperlink to the browsers. I know that there're tonnes of other ways to achieve the same thing, but I'm here to challenge quickest way.
This idea had actually just spawned randomly less than 30 hours ago, and I'm proud to announce that, I have COMPLETED IT (With proper UI as well!)
How to use:
The instructions are written in both the Android app and the website ( http://caast.me ) as well
- Go to http://caast.me on your desktop browser (preferably Google Chrome or Firefox)
- From any Android apps (which has a Share function), click the Share
- Select "CaastMe" in the "Share Via" popup as the sharing medium.
- A barcode scanning screen will appear. Scan the QRCode on the website which you just opened on the desktop browser.
- No addional installation on desktop
- No authentication/login in any form
- Can be used throughout many apps, such as Chrome, Youtube App, Reddit reader. (As long as there's a Share function)
- Argubly the fastest way to open webpage from mobile to Desktop
The app is free.
CaastMe, App for all devices (see above for details)
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-01-25
Last Updated 2015-02-05