FORUMS

[APP][4.4+] Kanbani – advanced privacy-centric task planner

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Post Reply Email Thread
In short, Kanbani is a robust and absolutely free (+ ad-free) task management app. Why not just use Trello or JIRA, you ask? Let us go straight to the point:
  • It allows to mix online and offline work, either alone or in a team, and sync to our servers or your own.
  • It has a fine-tuned user interface with bulk commands (create, share, delete, etc.), gestures and 1-tap pie menus – something that Trello still cannot do.
  • It can turn kanban boards into a traditional calendar-based organizer with the unique Timeline view – because a calendar sometimes does work better.
  • Trivial like file sharing, it can share boards for any web browser on any platform (example). The viewer is open source (MIT), no registration (QR code based sharing), plugins written in PHP and JavaScript, various import/export options (CSV, text, Trello, etc.), filters, print and vertical view (great for reviewing big boards on laptop), table of contents - and really lightweight (CSS+JS=30K). Check the README with screenshots for details.
  • Lets you organize text notes into cards or keep a journal with the convenient full-screen Description editor,
  • Every list can be customized individually with a rich set of settings: archive cards automatically on threshold, sort by Due Date, sync when an event occurs, show Description excerpts and so on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	main.png
Views:	382
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	5090887Click image for larger version

Name:	card.png
Views:	380
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	5090889Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.png
Views:	362
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	5090891Click image for larger version

Name:	share.png
Views:	150
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	5101631Click image for larger version

Name:	vertical.png
Views:	138
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	5101633

Kanbani has been intensively tested to be fast even with great number of cards (thousands), lists, boards and descriptions (100,000+ symbols, per card). I personally have 1500+ cards, 500+ KB of JSON if exported.

But the best part really is collaboration and tinkering for power users and enterprise:
  • Create and join teams by sharing sync profiles as simple QR codes.
  • Sync over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, email, etc. using standard Android Sharing. Paranoids can also sync using just SD cards
  • Encrypt sync data end-to-end with industry-standard cryptography (AES), verifiable using openssl: https://github.com/PDApps/KanbaniDat...r/sync.php#L75
  • Staying away from vendor locks and centralized services – host your own sync server if desired.
  • Write online viewer plugins in PHP and JavaScript. Integrate Kanbani into your workflow thanks to the documented data format: receive JSON, transform and feed back. See the in-app help for details and actual code.
  • We got standards all around: JSON, VCS/ICS, SHA/AES, SFTP (any Unix server), WebDAV (great for multiple concurrent users – supported by OwnCloud, NextCloud, Apache’s mod_dav and various cloud providers).
  • Wary users may obtain an APK without Google’s analytics ("Community" version) from this thread or the Kanbani’s homepage.

Lastly, it works on Android 4.4+.

I am one of the Kanbani developers. Your suggestions and bug reports are more than welcome! Please post them here or send to [email protected] (or via our website).
The Following User Says Thank You to PDApps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PDApps Ad-Free
3rd September 2020, 08:41 AM |#2  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 669

Donate to Me
More
I will take a look, thanks
11th September 2020, 11:26 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Posted an update with bug fixes (major: SFTP not working) and a basic web viewer version - https://kanbani.pdapps.org/Welcome

Added PHP libraries to our GitHub: https://github.com/PDApps/KanbaniDataPHP - allow reading and writing serialized Kanbani data (including encrypted data) and QR code data. Used by the web viewer: https://github.com/PDApps/KanbaniWebViewer

Hope you find this interesting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	web.png
Views:	108
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	5095767   Click image for larger version

Name:	web-vertical.png
Views:	106
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	5095769  
11th September 2020, 07:41 PM |#4  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A little problem
Hi, the app is very interesting. I have a little problem on my OnePlus 5, in the "date" field the letters overlap (see images attached). Maybe the problem is due to the translation in the app (the language is in Spanish).

Very good work! Thanks for the app!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200911-133423.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	5095955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200911-133436.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	5095957  
12th September 2020, 10:30 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madzero

have a little problem on my OnePlus 5, in the "date" field the letters overlap (see images attached). Maybe the problem is due to the translation in the app (the language is in Spanish).

Thanks, indeed it appears that our Spanish translator used too long words (I noticed a couple of other places as well). Do you think this is your language's feature (and that we must fix the UI to support longer texts) or that the translator simply picked bad wording?
17th September 2020, 05:05 PM |#6  
Flag Lima

More
The translation is ok, I think:
- The calendar is a bit small to choose the date.
- You can choose another font type to the translation of "due date" or "deadline"/"limit date".

Sorry for answer late.
19th September 2020, 10:02 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

The translation is ok, I think:
- The calendar is a bit small to choose the date.
- You can choose another font type to the translation of "due date" or "deadline"/"limit date".

Sorry for answer late.

Thanks for the feedback. We will revise these details together with the translator in the upcoming weeks. It's just strange that only Spanish version has this issues.

Next week we will publish an updated web viewer with interesting features, and its source code.
19th September 2020, 03:48 PM |#8  
Flag Lima

More
Hi, I've seen the same screens in English and have some suggestions for the screens in Spanish:
- You can write "Due date"/"Fecha de vencimiento" and "No deadline"/"Sin fecha límite" in 2 lines, something like this:
Fecha de Sin fecha
vencimiento límite
- In the calendar, the name of the days in Spanish shouldn't have a dot at the end and remove the accent mark (Lun Mar Mie Jue Vie Sab Dom). Some calendars only have the initial letter of the day (in English: M T W T F S S, in Spanish: L M M J V S D).
- The plus sign in "+7 days" looks much better instead of writing as "Más...". Keep the same in Spanish ("+7 días").

About the app:
- I haven't seen any option about alarms, maybe I missed that part.
- Black/Dark theme?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200919-092411.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	5100327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200919-092419.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	5100329  
21st September 2020, 07:06 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Hi, I've seen the same screens in English and have some suggestions for the screens in Spanish:
- You can write "Due date"/"Fecha de vencimiento" and "No deadline"/"Sin fecha límite" in 2 lines, something like this:
Fecha de Sin fecha
vencimiento límite
- In the calendar, the name of the days in Spanish shouldn't have a dot at the end and remove the accent mark (Lun Mar Mie Jue Vie Sab Dom). Some calendars only have the initial letter of the day (in English: M T W T F S S, in Spanish: L M M J V S D).
- The plus sign in "+7 days" looks much better instead of writing as "Más...". Keep the same in Spanish ("+7 días").

Hey, thank you! Sadly, I do not know Spanish at all so I had to trust the translator and it looks like he overdid a few things. Noted, will double check.

As for the "no due" in form, the problem is to keep the form compact, meaning conditionally adding second line for Spanish only (and it looks strange that Spanish needs that but say Portuguese doesn't). But this must be fixed in some way, will see.

To be sure, we are talking about Spanish (es), not Spanish-Mexico (es-mx) localization, right?

Quote:

About the app:

The preference is implemented but not in the UI yet. I expect it to appear next week.

Quote:

- Black/Dark theme?

This is one of the most requested features, it will be available in October.

---

Today we have pushed source code for Kanbani Web Viewer, that can be interesting for some people, especially since it's plugin based (PHP, JavaScript) and easy to customize. I have updated the first post with more info. Also check the README with screenshots on GitHub: https://github.com/PDApps/KanbaniWebViewer/

Any feedback is welcome, as usual.
23rd September 2020, 10:19 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Fecha de Sin fecha
vencimiento límite

About the app:

I have made corrections to the translation except for day names in the calendar - sadly this is a 3rd party component that we can't change yet (but we have plasn to replace it in the future). These fixes together with due date alerts will be available next Friday.
The Following User Says Thank You to PDApps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PDApps Ad-Free
2nd October 2020, 09:28 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
New version
Update (1.3.2):
  • Added Due Date Notifications preference
  • Showing error details in Check Connection, not just "online"/"offline"
  • Improved validation of Sync Base URL (fixed crashes)
  • Showing weekday names in card list and Timeline
  • Made Timeline past colors more pale, Today thicker
  • Sync popup called from Main Menu now saves changes immediately

Kanbani is now available at Huawei AppGallery:
https://appgallery.huawei.com/#/app/C102866867

Quote:

We have added this feature in the last update (enable it via Preferences > Hierarchical). It is very basic for now (one notification is added per card, at the time that is due), we should improve it with time.

That being said, I suggest using Timeline for checking tasks when their due date is important, this is exactly what Timeline view is for.

This update doesn't include language fixes due to translator not making it in time. We will release a new version around Tuesday that will have Fecha / Sin fecha in the card editing form instead of current Fecha de vencimiento / sin fecha de vencimiento. Does this translation make sense to you?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)