[APP] Kokotime App Thread for questions/requests/help

386 posts
Thanks Meter: 354

By Scrdev94, Senior Member on 21st January 2017, 01:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2017, 02:23 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
After some use i've noticed a few things, when you are inside a addon like the primewire one itd be nice to have more browsing options other than genre, a alphabetical list would be nice or browse by actor, network, etc. Another thing i noticed was when you first startup the app it shows recently watched but when you click on the show it seems to partially load it and after you wait awhile it will eventually (1-2 minutes) load the seasons/episodes. Sometimes the player seems to get 'stuck' on links it can't resolve or something, it will try to load a link forever but when i manually select a different link it works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wikdclown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wikdclown Ad-Free
27th November 2017, 04:01 PM |#512  
Trakt & real-debrid are in my eyes 2 important things with streaming.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r-l For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r-l Ad-Free
11th December 2017, 04:06 AM |#513  
Flag San Jacinto
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Is anyone else having extreme difficulty getting anything to stream to Chromecast lately?
13th December 2017, 12:33 AM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I have tried your app on a first generation amazon firestick. It installs ok but it seems to be a memory hog on the firestick. starting up takes a while but ones its up you can navigate the menus quickly. Although remote friendly, the menu is not 100% remote friendly as sometimes scrolling to the top of the app with a remote can be tricky. my biggest issue with the app is playing a video. i am running the firestick on comcast 200mb internet and the router is right underneath the firestick. playing videos on kokotime (no matter the quality) plays and freezes, plays and freezes. no smooth playback. not sure of you can look into it or tell me how to generate a log for you.
13th December 2017, 12:41 AM |#515  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodogg88

I have tried your app on a first generation amazon firestick. It installs ok but it seems to be a memory hog on the firestick. starting up takes a while but ones its up you can navigate the menus quickly. Although remote friendly, the menu is not 100% remote friendly as sometimes scrolling to the top of the app with a remote can be tricky. my biggest issue with the app is playing a video. i am running the firestick on comcast 200mb internet and the router is right underneath the firestick. playing videos on kokotime (no matter the quality) plays and freezes, plays and freezes. no smooth playback. not sure of you can look into it or tell me how to generate a log for you.

Hello there, I haven't done any testing on the firestick so I can not guarantee you best user experience on a first generation firestick. About the bug on the main menu I am well aware of it and I have been trying to find the cause of this glitch that happens when navigating with a controller and I found the issue and fixed it a dew days ago and will release an update with a fix soon. Now about the freezing I am 100% sure it is a source issue and not an issue with the video player, the easiest way to fix this and to get smooth playback is to change the video source by selecting a faster video server from the top right options menu. Some addons use slow servers so it is always a good idea to check the available video sources and choose the best one.
13th December 2017, 12:42 AM |#516  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilsonxD

Is anyone else having extreme difficulty getting anything to stream to Chromecast lately?

Change the videosource by selecting the menu on thw top right and selecting a faster source. It will solve your issue if casting is slow or if the automatically selected source does not work on Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to Scrdev94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scrdev94 Ad-Free
13th December 2017, 03:22 PM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrdev94

Hello there, I haven't done any testing on the firestick so I can not guarantee you best user experience on a first generation firestick. About the bug on the main menu I am well aware of it and I have been trying to find the cause of this glitch that happens when navigating with a controller and I found the issue and fixed it a dew days ago and will release an update with a fix soon. Now about the freezing I am 100% sure it is a source issue and not an issue with the video player, the easiest way to fix this and to get smooth playback is to change the video source by selecting a faster video server from the top right options menu. Some addons use slow servers so it is always a good idea to check the available video sources and choose the best one.

hey, thanks for the response. i thought i mentioned trying different video files but might have not. I do know the button you refer to and have used it to change the source and quality (thanks for building in indicators on the file quality - high, low, etc). i typically choose low quality.

i guess the only suggestions i could as for are:
  1. highlight which video source you are currently viewing
  2. add a global search button on the home screen to search all addons
  3. fix the subtitles option (keeps saying no subtitle exist)
  4. if you select a video and it comes back as doesnt exist, close the loading and take you back to the menu

keep up the great work
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodogg88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodogg88 Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 02:19 PM |#518  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodogg88

hey, thanks for the response. i thought i mentioned trying different video files but might have not. I do know the button you refer to and have used it to change the source and quality (thanks for building in indicators on the file quality - high, low, etc). i typically choose low quality.

i guess the only suggestions i could as for are:
highlight which video source you are currently viewing
fix the subtitles option (keeps saying no subtitle exist)
if you select a video and it comes back as doesnt exist, close the loading and take you back to the menu

keep up the great work

Its not about choosing low or high quality its more about the servers that are providing the content, if you are running low quality from a slow service streaming will still be slow, the best option would be to choose another service from the options menu. I already added the selected indicator it will be available for the next update along with m3u playlist support so users can import their channel playlists and the player will support live streams. The live stream addon system is also done but it will not be added in the next update because it needs more testing. A lot of major UI changes and bugs were fixed including the controller bug on main menu, and page transitions were also optimized for better transitions. I will take a look on your suggestion and see if it can be done for the next update or not, the project has become quite big and it has become harder to add new features every day like I used to before but thanks for your suggestions and feedback it really helps !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrdev94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scrdev94 Ad-Free
16th December 2017, 02:42 PM |#519  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
Do any of you use m3u playlists ? Or have a subscription with an iptv service ? Are there any specific features you would like to be able to do when importing a playlist or linking an m3u url ? What data is usually available in the #EXTINF of your m3u, group, logo, something else ?

Thankful to anyone who can provide information so I can finalize the channel section
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrdev94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scrdev94 Ad-Free
19th December 2017, 01:09 PM |#520  
OP Senior Member
Flag paris

Donate to Me
More
If you guys ever wanna check the changelog before updating it is available at http://kokotime.tv/app/changelog.txt , I will add it in the apps settings in the next update so you can check the changes.
20th December 2017, 03:37 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrdev94

Do any of you use m3u playlists ? Or have a subscription with an iptv service ? Are there any specific features you would like to be able to do when importing a playlist or linking an m3u url ? What data is usually available in the #EXTINF of your m3u, group, logo, something else ?

Thankful to anyone who can provide information so I can finalize the channel section

Not sure if it'll be helpful or not but I found this IPTV chan site you can try it has 6 different playlist you can use for free. I've been using it with a different IPTV app and I haven't had any problems with it yet so maybe you can try some of the playlist yourself and see what you like, what works, and what features you feel would benefit the app.

Site: https://fluxustv.blogspot.com/p/m3u-list.html?m=1

Hope it helps!

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to MeExilex3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MeExilex3 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)