[APP] Kokotime App Thread for questions/requests/help

Search This thread

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
I see the add-ons and when I click to download them it says that there was a problem installing the Adam and that's all it says. I'm going to try uninstall and reinstall again this time from the Google Play store and see if they had the same problem.

I would not advise you to install the playstore version first of all because it is not up to date and second it is not linked to an addon repository. The issue seems to be from the device itself, are you low om storage ? Device storage not external, do you have anything blocking downloads ? What device or OS are you using ?

Nmercado

Jan 24, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I would not advise you to install the playstore version first of all because it is not up to date and second it is not linked to an addon repository. The issue seems to be from the device itself, are you low om storage ? Device storage not external, do you have anything blocking downloads ? What device or OS are you using ?

Well I never claimed to be a smart man, but I figured it out. I needed to be connected to WiFi and the add-ons downloaded. So go figure.

Reactions: JRJ442

Ascari1145

Nov 12, 2017
Execelente aplicacion antes. Que nada mi duda. Esta. En que lo instalé. En una. Tv box. Android cómo. Puedo. Hacer. Para. Ponerle. Subtítulos. Alos videos. Que no lo traen x. Defauld habrá. Algún archivo. O add-on o. Programa para. Ponerle subtítulos. Alos videos. Que no traen

lovonyx

Jul 17, 2017
Nothing is playing man. It shows "can't fetch sources." Running latest build installed via XDA lab. I can see thumbnails but unable to play any content. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

lovonyx

Jul 17, 2017
Can I get more info on your device ? Does this happen with all the addons ?
No content displayed by both primewire addon (just blank screen).
Animefreak is working but sometimes app crashes.
From rest of the two addons thumbnails is displaying and when I tap on any of the content from these two addons it displays "can't fetch sources".
I think I covered all the 5 default addons.
Device is OnePlus X running AOSP-JDC Nougat rooted by magisk.
App crashing is only observed in Animefreak.

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
No content displayed by both primewire addon (just blank screen).
Animefreak is working but sometimes app crashes.
From rest of the two addons thumbnails is displaying and when I tap on any of the content from these two addons it displays "can't fetch sources".
I think I covered all the 5 default addons.
Device is OnePlus X running AOSP-JDC Nougat rooted by magisk.
App crashing is only observed in Animefreak.

The thing is the addons are not developed or maintained by us, they are created and uploaded to the store by the community, what I can do is try to find out if the error is caused by the app or the addon to try and fix it. When exactly is the app crashing ? And for the other addons does the "can't fetch sources" error appear for ALL the content or only for some shows or movies ? If only for some then it probably is an issue with the addon. The addons in the store are fetched from the repo and will update automatically when an update is available also the addons from the store are the ones uploaded to the server at the time you open, there is no default addons.

lovonyx

Jul 17, 2017
The thing is the addons are not developed or maintained by us, they are created and uploaded to the store by the community, what I can do is try to find out if the error is caused by the app or the addon to try and fix it. When exactly is the app crashing ? And for the other addons does the "can't fetch sources" error appear for ALL the content or only for some shows or movies ? If only for some then it probably is an issue with the addon. The addons in the store are fetched from the repo and will update automatically when an update is available also the addons from the store are the ones uploaded to the server at the time you open, there is no default addons.
under anime.....as soon as i tapped on the very first content app crashes. Again I randomly selected other show and it was working (no crash during playing) and then i select other and the app crashes. so its just random. And i don't watch anime man :eek:. I just checked this addon for testing purpose. So overall crash happened after tapping on the anime content.

"can't fetch sources" error appears for all the shows and movies under those two addons mentioned. These two addons is my prime focus.

And for the remaining two no content is displaying.
Otherwise the overall looks and transition are awesome. :good:

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
under anime.....as soon as i tapped on the very first content app crashes. Again I randomly selected other show and it was working (no crash during playing) and then i select other and the app crashes. so its just random. And i don't watch anime man :eek:. I just checked this addon for testing purpose. So overall crash happened after tapping on the anime content.

"can't fetch sources" error appears for all the shows and movies under those two addons mentioned. These two addons is my prime focus.

And for the remaining two no content is displaying.
Otherwise the overall looks and transition are awesome. :good:

Okay then thanks for the feedback I will try and reproduce the issue and try and find out what causes it. You can always try using a VPN, since some addons use services unavailable in some countries so that might solve some issues. I will see if other users report the issue so I can find out what is causing it. And glad to know you like the UI but I bet you would like it better if it wasn't having any issues :p

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
I was hoping that the updates would solve the problem but, primewire add-on will not work on one of my tablets. Other 3 work fine. When you try to launch the video the app crashes and restarted to first screen. Maybe is because it's 4.2.2 it's a Lenovo s6000 10". So it maybe an issue a with screen size or resolution. It's kinda odd ball hardware.

Hello, unfortunately addons are not part of the app itself, an update to the app does not update the addons since they are extensions downloaded and installed separately but they update automatically once their developer uploads a new version. However what you seem to be describing is a bit strange, try removing then reinstalling the addon if not it might be an OS issue since the android you indicated is really old, even though it is supported I haven't done intensive testing on it.

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
I have all you have said tried every version that had been out in xda since add-ons. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling clearing the data. Still no dice and like I said it's only with the two primewire add-ons. Though I would think that a add-on error, would not normally cause a media app to crash just response with an error. Is there any way to get a app specific log for you to look at? I would be willing to do that.

Well if the addon is behaving incorrectly it can sometimes crash the app, the whole addon system is a bit unstable for the moment. If you can send me a logcat of after the crash I could probably find the cause of this issue. You can send it by mail to support@kokotime.tv

Wikdclown

Dec 20, 2013
plus.google.com
After trying this out i have to say with the right addons made for it, it could easily make kodi useless. Better layout, features the list goes on, there is one thing it could use is trakt support which i hope is added later. Hope this app really takes off.

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
After trying this out i have to say with the right addons made for it, it could easily make kodi useless. Better layout, features the list goes on, there is one thing it could use is trakt support which i hope is added later. Hope this app really takes off.

Hello, thanks for the small review, we are currently working on the addon system to bring more addon types to the app with each addon type having it's own specific layout optimized for it's content. The addon system will also be made simpler and we will try and add built in support to more languages like javascript, python (even though this can already be done by packing the needed libraries in your addon) to attract more developers. Is there a reason why users are asking for trakt support ? The app already keeps track of your watching content and will soon add synchronisation support between devices.

Wikdclown

Dec 20, 2013
plus.google.com
Main reasons for Trakt is because take someone like me who has HUGE trakt list, it would take a long time to manually add each show to the app also Trakt has watchlists, access to other users lists and it's nice to have all that data in one place that can be shared across a bunch of different apps.

Reactions: r-l and marcel201

chimmychonga

Mar 5, 2017
Hey Dev,

Great app. Kudos!! Just one question. Where can I access the downloaded files ? When I click on the download button it says downloading but then I cannot find the downloaded file. Is there any menu that I cannot locate. Thank you .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, If you are here its probably because you have tried our app and need help or want to make a request or report a bug. Feel free to ask anything below and we will try and help ASAP.

For those who haven't tried Kokotime App, the android media center powered by 3rd party addons go ahead and try it out already !

Available at : [url]https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.scrdev.pg.kokotimeapp[/URL]
    (SMALL ANNOUNCEMENT)

For those of you wondering, Kokotime is still in development and there is still a lot more in progress, here are some features to expect in the near future :
    +Support for live stream addons
    +A separate version of Kokotime optimized for Android TV including optimized layouts and controller navigation (Yes because for those of you complaining, Kokotime was never designed for Android TV)
    +Local library organization including fetching additional info for your local movies or shows like posters, descriptions, genres, cast and reviews !
    +Native chromecast support for your local files
    +Universal Cast support for local files so you can cast your local files to ANY device (Without a chromecast) using our unique Universal Cast system
    +Improvement of our video player including the video player right side drawer.
    +Subtitles syncing and possibility to choose between multiple subtitles if the automatically chosen one is not syncing
    +And much more !

So please be patient and we will make it totally worth your while, and a big thank you to all our supporters and Premium users who are helping us improve Kokotime and continue its development
    for those interested in the upcoming version 2.0 of Kokotime View attachment 4148369
    So essentially a stripped down, beautiful, easy to use and understand version of Kodi, for the everyday person, lol.

Yep I think we can put it like that but the thing is the addons are essential for the legality of the app which I have been trying to achieve for quite a while and removing all content providers from the app to community based addons will remove all responsibility for the app and it will be treated as a mediacenter with addons than a "piracy app"
    Yah....its kinda lil annyoing i hope developer look into it :/

Guys Im working on a whole new update lots of stuff are coming just need to be a bit patient since there is a lot to do here is a small peak of what to expect :

-Addons are coming so all types of content will be available (tv shows, movies, music, sports, and more) an sdk will be available so developers can code addons for kokotime
    -A subtitle manager to search and manually download subtitles in app and full subtitle visual customization (size,color, background ,etc)
    -Main app menu will be added for easy access to all the apps addons and options.
    -Settings will be added to customize your app experience as requested so lots of little options.
    -App will be available on google playstore so easy updates etc
    -Native chromecast support, no need for an external app to stream to chromecast.
    -In app file manager for easy and fast access to your files

This is some of the main features in developpement but I am always checking user requests for stuff to add. A beta version will be available soon so everyone an test