Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][SEPT 15]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,219 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,401

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
1st February 2016, 09:53 AM |#1001  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Suggestion, Features
Well as usual, xda has made the perfect app although I have some recommendations.
Better comment system with title and a xda app built in account settings manager like password changer etc. Why not add more apps to the xdapp store, all the ones hosted here by developers, discontinued ones as well. Is this app built in xamarin? Well I dont know but this app counts storage of 115mb in my device!!! Could do with a built in feedback system and better wallpapers, personally I love all the ones uploaded right now .
Lastly can we have a autoscroll for comments, because personally I dont fancy turning 46 pages to view a particular comment.
Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Auraxion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Auraxion Ad-Free

1st February 2016, 03:57 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 2,898

More
Has it been mentioned that if a thread is less than 10 posts long (1 page) that the reply button doesn't appear at the bottom?

Long thread -

Short thread -

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using XDA Labs
1st February 2016, 04:06 PM |#1003  
Forum Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Has it been mentioned that if a thread is less than 10 posts long (1 page) that the reply button doesn't appear at the bottom?

Long thread -

Short thread -

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using XDA Labs

Yes, already mentionned in previous page here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=65040295

It's fixed in next version by @blk_jack

Test:
  1. You can add your custom size in /data/.imgsize or /cache/.imgsize in MB. You can create and edit the file or do this command in TWRP's Terminal or ADB Shell.
    Code:
    echo '87' > /data/.imgsize
  2. Flash Magisk IMG Resizer zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
1st February 2016, 09:46 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 536

More
That would explain why I can't reply to my own thread from XDA Labs.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Ant to the others:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxr1998

Did you try posting on the website? Maybe it's an XDA issue, not a Labs issue.

I did not have the chance yet, but it seems irellevent now.
Thank you in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraxion

this app counts storage of 115mb in my device!!!

Only about 20MB here, try clearing cache.
1st February 2016, 11:04 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLooDW

Yes, already mentionned in previous page here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=65040295

It's fixed in next version by @blk_jack

Is it already time to use Github issues and, among other benefits, avoid duplication?
1st February 2016, 11:20 PM |#1006  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban Dan

Is it already time to use Github issues and, among other benefits, avoid duplication?

We'll use github once we go beta (public). We're in alpha right now, almost every issue that gets posted here I've come across myself or heard about already from my testers on IRC.

I hate it to sound like most bug report type posts here are useless or redundant, but without logs they pretty much are.

Also (I've updated OP to reflect this), but we won't have "endless scrolling" for posts any time in the near future. Over & above the substantial changes that would have to happen in the app, it requires a whole bunch of API changes. We're working on a version 2 of the API with some much needed features and additions and that feature wouldn't come until well after that was finalized and released so you guys can stop asking for it.

EDIT: Sorry, thems the breaks for now!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2016, 12:12 AM |#1007  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

We'll use github once we go beta (public). We're in alpha right now, almost every issue that gets posted here I've come across myself or heard about already from my testers on IRC.

I hate it to sound like most bug report type posts here are useless or redundant, but without logs they pretty much are.

Also (I've updated OP to reflect this), but we won't have "endless scrolling" for posts any time in the near future. Over & above the substantial changes that would have to happen in the app, it requires a whole bunch of API changes. We're working on a version 2 of the API with some much needed features and additions and that feature wouldn't come until well after that was finalized and released so you guys can stop asking for it.

EDIT: Sorry, thems the breaks for now!

Many Thanks for this very clear answer!
2nd February 2016, 03:22 AM |#1008  
Flag Eastern Shore of MD
Thanks Meter: 496

More
Wow let me tell you how nice it is to actually get an "app notification" from XDA.

This was always a hit or miss (mostly miss) thing with the XDA Premium app.

I'm liking everything about the new app so far & the direction it's going. I'm a long time user of the XDA Android apps BTW & this is leaps & bounds above.
The Following User Says Thank You to igloohed73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift igloohed73 Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 07:21 AM |#1009  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,673

More
@blk_jack:

is there an option to report a post from within the app itself? I haven't found any option until now, long pressing a post will just give the option to copy or cite the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 07:52 AM |#1010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

... we won't have "endless scrolling" for posts any time in the near future. Over & above the substantial changes that would have to happen in the app, it requires a whole bunch of API changes.

Certainty sounds like a very BIG job!

I'd be more than happy with just a tiny UI tweak:
to flip pages by using a vertical swipe, instead of, or in addition to, the current horizontal swipe.
Just that will make it so much easier.

Keep on the good work!
2nd February 2016, 03:42 PM |#1011  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraxion

Well as usual, xda has made the perfect app although I have some recommendations.
Better comment system with title and a xda app built in account settings manager like password changer etc. Why not add more apps to the xdapp store, all the ones hosted here by developers, discontinued ones as well. Is this app built in xamarin? Well I dont know but this app counts storage of 115mb in my device!!! Could do with a built in feedback system and better wallpapers, personally I love all the ones uploaded right now .
Lastly can we have a autoscroll for comments, because personally I dont fancy turning 46 pages to view a particular comment.
Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words! To answer your questions:
  • Tweaks to posts/replies/edits are coming very soon w/ attachments
  • That 115mb of storage is likely from APKs of old downloaded apps/xposed mods/forum cache/etc. It cleans itself up within a few hours/days (it depends).
  • As stated in this thread, we haven't made a large-scale effort to get devs on board yet. There are two types of apps in the store. 1) Apps put up by devs here at XDA who happened upon or heard about Labs 2) GroovyApks and GoogleApks (APK uploads manually uploaded from a curated selection of pre-release or early staged rollout apps, similar to APK mirror). Once we go beta we'll be making a much larger push and hopefully get a lot of those apps on!
  • Feedback system is this thread, baby! Though I wouldn't mind linking this thread from within the app itself, maybe in the About Labs page. Issues will be on github once the source is released publicly (beta).
  • Wallpapers are a thing we'd love to expand on, prioritized by demand.
  • You can jump to any page by selecting the page # at the top of the viewpager and in-thread search is a rather large and complex task that involves completely revamping our search engine and it's happening site-wide right now. I'm not involved in the backend part of that so I can't give an ETA or anything, but I've seen the branches being worked on by the other guys.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)