FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,052

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
15th May 2018, 01:30 PM |#10561  
Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 12,219

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOZ24

Hello just wondering if labs was ever comparable with Android 4.0.4 because my note has ics and I am using xda for 2.3 and want labs any old version that would work or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Sent from my Note i717 With XDA
Twitter @pekkatroop

I don't know about Android 4.0.4 but I've just tested with my old Motorola Defy running CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2) and it worked fine with XDA Labs v1.1.1b (one version released on feb 2017 which was already installed on my phone).
That said, I upgraded to XDA Labs v1.1.6b but the app now crashes on start (even after app data wipe). I think latest changes made on libs trigger issues with old version of Android. I'm maybe wrong but I think blk_jack won't work on debugging issues about those old versions of Android. If he does, I can provide logs.

15th May 2018, 07:43 PM |#10562  
Flag Someplace In Nova Scotia Canada
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Twitter @pekkatroop
16th May 2018, 12:01 AM |#10563  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Thanks the reason I need the app is my phone is on ics and my mom said I can't root the device and it can't update to jellybean but thanks

Twitter @pekkatroop

Haha yo mom tracking u lol j/k
16th May 2018, 01:33 AM |#10564  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,605

More
Quote:

Thanks the reason I need the app is my phone is on ics and my mom said I can't root the device and it can't update to jellybean but thanks

Twitter @pekkatroop

Just curious. Did she say why she doesn't want you to root the device?
16th May 2018, 02:10 AM |#10565  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,717

More
Quote:

<redacted>

Please take this as friendly advise from and old dog (or an old monkey as the case may be). The reason you cant root the device is, IMO, because you have sensible parents. For the same reasons that they might not want you to have root on your device (your on-line protection from spam, scams and jams) you should consider limiting the amount of personal information you share in forums such as this, restricting the sharing of such information to PMs and situations where it is necessary. You are better spoken and more polite than some of my curmudgeonly cohort and you've introduced (at least to me) a unique but real-world usage case for why someone might need to use an older Android OS without root, so again please take this just as friendly advise.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 05:02 PM |#10566  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkid383

Haha yo mom tracking u lol j/k

You laugh, but that is probably true. She proly payed someone to setup something and does not want him to find out or mess it up. How would she even know if he is rooted? How does she even know what a root is? So many questions...
18th May 2018, 05:10 PM |#10567  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon666

You laugh, but that is probably true. She proly payed someone to setup something and does not want him to find out or mess it up. How would she even know if he is rooted? How does she even know what a root is? So many questions...

True cause his post even mentioned she won't let him even update to jelly bean that most likely means something on it that would be lost if u altered software at all and she doesn't want that
18th May 2018, 06:55 PM |#10568  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,717

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon666

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullkid383

This is not really our business. I only commented out of concern for privacy. Perhaps we should leave it there.

Of course this is really all the fault of XDA Labs dev for not giving us more bugs to discuss instead.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 10:07 PM |#10569  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Of course this is really all the fault of XDA Labs dev for not giving us more bugs to discuss instead.

We can review the whole existing list and discuss about it together if you want

But tbh I understand, I have nothing to test (besides my RL work), I feel like a junkie, man. Full time moderation these days, this is a great "job" but I need Labs as well
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 10:34 PM |#10570  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

We can review the whole existing list and discuss about it together if you want

But tbh I understand, I have nothing to test (besides my RL work), I feel like a junky, man. Full time moderation these days, this is a great "job" but I need Labs as well

Still waiting for my Huawei MediaPad M2...
The wooden case already delivered Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180518-232949.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	4504450
18th May 2018, 10:41 PM |#10571  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthrax

Still waiting for my Huawei MediaPad M2...
The wooden case already delivered

Wait what?? You ordered a case made of wood? You're so cruel with me

To be on topic, your post has something to deal with a bug report or am I wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)