FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,052

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
12th June 2018, 07:04 PM |#10631  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 11,921

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGoss

In the meantime I've switched back to other app (something I've not used for years) because it's so much faster.

Sorry for OT. And yes, I understand this topic should not be discussed here. But just a short question: Is it faster on said other app? If yes, then I will try that app. I am currently using opera browser to navigate in forums

12th June 2018, 08:02 PM |#10632  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

Sorry for OT. And yes, I understand this topic should not be discussed here. But just a short question: Is it faster on said other app? If yes, then I will try that app. I am currently using opera browser to navigate in forums

Sent you a PM

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to BillGoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillGoss Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 04:06 AM |#10633  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,176

More
Quote:

I've been using XDA Labs for a long time, but recently I've been frustrated with very long delays accessing threads, viewing the list of subscribed threads or subscribed forums and refreshing the quoted/mentioned screen.
Just now I got a network error trying to display my subscribed forums, and opening this thread timed out after 30s and then opened on the second attempt.

Is the response time something that is likely to be improved in the near term? In the meantime I've switched back to Tapatalk (something I've not used for years) because it's so much faster.

Maybe I should complain more often because response times in XDA Labs have been a lot better today!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillGoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillGoss Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 04:35 AM |#10634  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,663

More
+
Quote:

I've been using XDA Labs for a long time, but recently I've been frustrated with very long delays accessing threads, viewing the list of subscribed threads or subscribed forums and refreshing the quoted/mentioned screen.
Just now I got a network error trying to display my subscribed forums, and opening this thread timed out after 30s and then opened on the second attempt.

Is the response time something that is likely to be improved in the near term? In the meantime I've switched back to Tapatalk (something I've not used for years) because it's so much faster.

Quote:

Maybe I should complain more often because response times in XDA Labs have been a lot better today!

There was also a reaction to your mention of this which indicates that you are not alone. I've been wondering about this for a quite some time and have some feedback sounding off your post. I see 2 types off delays:

1) A delay at app start which seems related to my usage scenario and perhaps log-in, but seems unrelated to general site performance.
2) After opening the app to Forums, a lag when entering a thread or creating/modifying posts, which seems to be parallel to general site performance issues.

Expanding the descriptions:

1) I run my android devices with all data disconnected unless needed, at which time I toggle on wifi or mobile data until I am done on-line and then toggle it off. There are periods of time where I may leave data connected for a while but by and large data is off (so old school that there should be modem connection sounds when I toggle data). While I'm in that manual toggle mode I frequently experience very long delays when first opening Labs by the Forums home screen link immediately after enabling data. The app starts but the screen may take a very long time to populate content. Those delays are mitigated by force stopping XDA Labs and immediately running it again, after which the Forums open immediately. The act of force closing the app takes much less time than the delays. This does not occur as often or as severely when I've had the device on-line for a while and have recently used Labs. This also does not seem to be associated with other site performance issues.

2) Once logged in to Forums, I occasionally experience long delays when attempting to enter a thread or create/modify posts. These delays seem to be quite parallel to times when the XDA website as accessed by a computer is also slower then usual.

File as FWIW. If there is any point to digging deeper and logging I can do so.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 05:44 AM |#10635  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 413

More
Hello there ,
I don't know if this issue was already evoked but the notifications for the quote and for the PM don't appear anymore (they appear rarely and 1 or 2 hours after the PM/Quote) (same problem for the mentions)
Are there anything I can do to fix that , or is it just a common problem that will be fixed later on ?

Edit #1: already answered
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post75776396
The Following User Says Thank You to RaiZProduction For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaiZProduction Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 06:11 AM |#10636  
Newport News, VA
Thanks Meter: 19

More
[Question] Installation problem
I have a difficulty in installing XDA Labs on my phone.
Here is my information.
1. Model - Galaxy S8 Plus (purchased in South Korea)
2. SW - Android 8.0.0 / Samsung Experience 9.0

And here is my problem.
1. Open XDA app.
2. On the left, I click "Switch to full version."
3. Blue screen, titled "Upgrade XDA Labs," comes up, explaining benefits of XDA Labs.
4. I hit "DOWNLOAD UPGRADE" button on the bottom of the page.
5. Green screen comes up, explaining that I need to "use the link below to enable Unknown Sources and then hit the back button."
6. I click the link "ENABLE SETTING."
7. Doing #6 takes me to my "LOCK SCREEN AND SECURITY" setting.
8. I scroll down and click "INSTALL UNKNOWN APPS."
9. I do not see XDA or anything related apps to give permission to install unknown sources.
10. I cannot proceed from here.

What should I do?
Thank you in advance!

James
13th June 2018, 07:50 AM |#10637  
Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 12,188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsj756

I have a difficulty in installing XDA Labs on my phone.
Here is my information.
1. Model - Galaxy S8 Plus (purchased in South Korea)
2. SW - Android 8.0.0 / Samsung Experience 9.0

And here is my problem.
1. Open XDA app.
2. On the left, I click "Switch to full version."
3. Blue screen, titled "Upgrade XDA Labs," comes up, explaining benefits of XDA Labs.
4. I hit "DOWNLOAD UPGRADE" button on the bottom of the page.
5. Green screen comes up, explaining that I need to "use the link below to enable Unknown Sources and then hit the back button."
6. I click the link "ENABLE SETTING."
7. Doing #6 takes me to my "LOCK SCREEN AND SECURITY" setting.
8. I scroll down and click "INSTALL UNKNOWN APPS."
9. I do not see XDA or anything related apps to give permission to install unknown sources.
10. I cannot proceed from here.

What should I do?
Thank you in advance!

James

Easier way is to download the xda labs apk from the 3rd post and to try again the installation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 08:14 AM |#10638  
Newport News, VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

Easier way is to download the xda labs apk from the 3rd post and to try again the installation.

Thank you. Will try that!
13th June 2018, 12:11 PM |#10639  
Newport News, VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

Success! Thanks!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimsj756 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kimsj756 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 07:24 PM |#10640  
Thanks Meter: 1,467

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

+

There was also a reaction to your mention of this which indicates that you are not alone. I've been wondering about this for a quite some time and have some feedback sounding off your post. I see 2 types off delays:

1) A delay at app start which seems related to my usage scenario and perhaps log-in, but seems unrelated to general site performance.
2) After opening the app to Forums, a lag when entering a thread or creating/modifying posts, which seems to be parallel to general site performance issues.

Expanding the descriptions:

1) I run my android devices with all data disconnected unless needed, at which time I toggle on wifi or mobile data until I am done on-line and then toggle it off. There are periods of time where I may leave data connected for a while but by and large data is off (so old school that there should be modem connection sounds when I toggle data). While I'm in that manual toggle mode I frequently experience very long delays when first opening Labs by the Forums home screen link immediately after enabling data. The app starts but the screen may take a very long time to populate content. Those delays are mitigated by force stopping XDA Labs and immediately running it again, after which the Forums open immediately. The act of force closing the app takes much less time than the delays. This does not occur as often or as severely when I've had the device on-line for a while and have recently used Labs. This also does not seem to be associated with other site performance issues.

2) Once logged in to Forums, I occasionally experience long delays when attempting to enter a thread or create/modify posts. These delays seem to be quite parallel to times when the XDA website as accessed by a computer is also slower then usual.

File as FWIW. If there is any point to digging deeper and logging I can do so.

I'm experiencing very similar behaviour of XDA labs.
When I open the app the first time it often takes long to show any content, I only see the "start page" with forums, my device etc.
If I close XDA labs, swipe it out from the recents and open it again the content is there almost immediately, easy workaround. The delays and lags when using the app are not so bad but it's a pity as I really like this app and the way it's made.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 11:29 PM |#10641  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,752

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

I'm experiencing very similar behaviour of XDA labs.
When I open the app the first time it often takes long to show any content, I only see the "start page" with forums, my device etc.
If I close XDA labs, swipe it out from the recents and open it again the content is there almost immediately, easy workaround. The delays and lags when using the app are not so bad but it's a pity as I really like this app and the way it's made.

Concur with app behavior and sentiment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)