FORUMS

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,301 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,371

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
16th January 2020, 10:34 PM |#12041  
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

The first time you browse the forums it actually tells you.

It's so refreshing to see you post again. Welcome back.
The Following User Says Thank You to andy356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy356 Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 11:57 AM |#12043  
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 1,914

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

The first time you browse the forums it actually tells you.

Hey mate, been using the app for years, but all of a sudden I can't quote or reply to anything. (or rather, most of the times, right now it decided to post this text, ohmygod )
It says "posting" , then after a while "post creation failed "
Doing so through chrome works just fine though.
I've tired logging in ans out / reinstalling the app.
Didn't manage to fix it myself.
Can I provide logs somehow, or do you have any idea why this started happenig and/or how to fix it?
Thanks, have a great day!
The Following User Says Thank You to nfsmw_gr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nfsmw_gr Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 12:06 PM |#12044  
Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 20,706

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Hey mate, been using the app for years, but all of a sudden I can't quote or reply to anything.

We would need more info first. Could be explained without logs as a first step.

Do you use xda labs or xda app from PlayStore? And which build version number?

What does "can't quote or reply to anything" mean exactly? Error message? Unavailable buttons? All threads and forums all around?

Thanks.

Sent from my HUAWEI P9 lite using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 12:09 PM |#12045  
Flag Salamina,Greece

More
Well, again randomly the app seems to work for now.
I feel so confused lol.
I'd still like to provide logs if it happens again though.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

What does "can't quote or reply to anything" mean exactly? Error message? Unavailable buttons? All threads and forums all around?

Thanks.

I'm using the latest version downloaded with chrome from xda, 1.1.6b.
I pressed the quote or the reply button for example, wrote what I wanted, then pressed the arrow on the right to make the post, it said "Posting" like usually, then it displayed a toast saying "Post creation failed. ", ot at least it used to till now.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfsmw_gr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nfsmw_gr Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 12:17 PM |#12046  
Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor

More
Probably server-side temp hiccups. If it persists, I guess we will go and analyze from there. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 02:26 PM |#12047  
Flag Salamina,Greece

More
Quote:

Probably server-side temp hiccups. If it persists, I guess we will go and analyze from there. Thanks.

Okay cool, thanks buddy.
18th January 2020, 03:53 PM |#12048  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,512

More
Quote:

Well, again randomly the app seems to work for now...

There is no random. There is only cause and effect.

Quote:

...I feel so confused lol.
I'd still like to provide logs if it happens again though..

I'm using the latest version downloaded with chrome from xda, 1.1.6b.
I pressed the quote or the reply button for example, wrote what I wanted, then pressed the arrow on the right to make the post, it said "Posting" like usually, then it displayed a toast saying "Post creation failed. ", ot at least it used to till now.

When I see that message it's typically it because I've gone out of network range while posting but that seems unlikely in your case. That being said, if it occurs again and you get into some testing it might be worth comparing results between mobile data and Wi-FI or between a different Wi-Fi networks as well as checking performance in a web browser to see if that happens to be worse than usual (compared to past performance in a web browser, not comparing web browser to Labs) during the moments when Labs is acting up.

Quote:

FWIW to the chance that it is related: Navigating forums and posts in Labs has been slower than usual for the past few days and seems same as usual in browser.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 04:02 PM |#12049  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

FWIW to the chance that it is related: Navigating forums and posts in Labs has been slower than usual for the past few days and seems same as usual in browser.

I concur and also it's usually even worse on weekends. More traffic I guess.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
19th January 2020, 08:16 PM |#12050  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:

Thanks.

It happens to me also with xda app from playstore.
OnePlus 7t, Android 10
No difference between mobile network or WiFi. Message is same as above 'post creation failed'
Now it worked , 2 minutes ago on a diff thread it didn't. Yesterday I could not post at all. Same thread, urnyx05 Google cameras.
Also sometimes (50% of time) it does not refresh after switching from one network to another (WiFi to another WiFi, or mobile) giving error message 'network failed'.
20th January 2020, 12:08 AM |#12051  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11,371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trveller72

It happens to me also with xda app from playstore.
OnePlus 7t, Android 10
No difference between mobile network or WiFi. Message is same as above 'post creation failed'
Now it worked , 2 minutes ago on a diff thread it didn't. Yesterday I could not post at all. Same thread, urnyx05 Google cameras.
Also sometimes (50% of time) it does not refresh after switching from one network to another (WiFi to another WiFi, or mobile) giving error message 'network failed'.

Get logs
The Following User Says Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)