FORUMS

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,306 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,531

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
21st May 2020, 09:31 PM |#12221  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
@BeeJ1109 I think barcia99 already gave the right answer in previous post.

No much hussle, just tap to record and eventually save partial file to .txt and you're good.
Good luck and stay tuned. Hopefully someone will sort this out soon.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to elocnix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elocnix Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 12:41 PM |#12222  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 11,412

More
@Wood Man Sir, I check the issue tracker but was unable to find a related item to the below described issue. I hope you're already aware.

@m0han described here a discrepancy between browser, which correctly displays a quoted post, and XDA Labs that doesn't. Please refer to screenshots in original post.
In browser, a quoted post is correctly displayed but in XDA Labs it's shown as only one new post without a quotation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 12:51 PM |#12223  
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 22,606

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

@Wood Man Sir, I check the issue tracker but was unable to find a related item to the below described issue. I hope you're already aware.

@m0han described here a discrepancy between browser, which correctly displays a quoted post, and XDA Labs that doesn't. Please refer to screenshots in original post.
In browser, a quoted post is correctly displayed but in XDA Labs it's shown as only one new post without a quotation.

This is related to what is red-squarred in the attached pic. Post #2, known issues.

And can be seen here for instance too: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post72604833

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200526-134354__01.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	5026961  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 01:08 PM |#12224  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 11,412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

This is related to what is red-squarred in the attached pic. Post #2, known issues.

And can be seen here for instance too: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post72604833

Ok, thanks for the explanation, and I'm glad that it's already known. I didn't refer to the issues described in post #2 as the example was not a multi- but single quotation.
However - and lesson learnt (will remember), I wasn't aware that CODE tags often break post rendering within Labs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 01:52 PM |#12225  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,873

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Ok, thanks for the explanation, and I'm glad that it's already known. I didn't refer to the issues described in post #2 as the example was not a multi- but single quotation.
However - and lesson learnt (will remember), I wasn't aware that CODE tags often break post rendering within Labs.

I doubt I have any new details to add, or very old details as the case may be, but anyhow; I did not get back to the MiXplorer thread in time with follow up (which I was going to do in this thread, linking from there) but in the post preceding Mohan's I mentioned this being an old issue, and the follow up with which I was late is this: This glitch has been known for years (at least since May 2016) but may be experienced to differing degree based on usage. E.g. In Labs PM one particular username containing [] routinely and predictably breaks quoting but in threads accessed by Labs the issue seems less common than in Labs PM, and it does not seem to occur in web browsers much if at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
27th May 2020, 08:33 PM |#12226  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Got a question and maybe it's answered somewhere in this 1200 page thread. But maybe someone can help. I also have the 'can't login' issue and from what I've read, it's been an ongoing issue that folks haven't figured out yet. I'm not too concerned about that not working on some devices (in my case), except its kinda impacting me on something right now. I'm trying to use the AAGateway app which is a paid app that you can only get through XDA Labs. I need to try to get that app installed on some of my older devices (Android 4.x, 5.x, etc) however the only way to install it is via the xda labs app and it seems many of them have the can't login error message. I can login and download the app fine on my pixel or a couple late OS model phones, but sadly that particular app doesn't work that great on later devices and it's better with older devices that have root, which those devices seem to be the ones with the login issue on XDA Labs. Anyway, since there isn't a lot of progress on the login issue, is there any other way to install XDA Labs paid apps other then via the XDA Labs app?

Side note, I tried both logins (regular and google) to no avail. Regular login gets the invalid user/pass (and yeah, i've tried the various password reset tricks) and the google login. The google login just gets a green screen with a refresh circle. Whats funny is if you rotate the display at all during this process, it just goes back to the 'welcome to the app' screen.
27th May 2020, 09:48 PM |#12227  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 14,092

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bveditz

Got a question and maybe it's answered somewhere in this 1200 page thread. But maybe someone can help. I also have the 'can't login' issue and from what I've read, it's been an ongoing issue that folks haven't figured out yet. I'm not too concerned about that not working on some devices (in my case), except its kinda impacting me on something right now. I'm trying to use the AAGateway app which is a paid app that you can only get through XDA Labs. I need to try to get that app installed on some of my older devices (Android 4.x, 5.x, etc) however the only way to install it is via the xda labs app and it seems many of them have the can't login error message. I can login and download the app fine on my pixel or a couple late OS model phones, but sadly that particular app doesn't work that great on later devices and it's better with older devices that have root, which those devices seem to be the ones with the login issue on XDA Labs. Anyway, since there isn't a lot of progress on the login issue, is there any other way to install XDA Labs paid apps other then via the XDA Labs app?

Side note, I tried both logins (regular and google) to no avail. Regular login gets the invalid user/pass (and yeah, i've tried the various password reset tricks) and the google login. The google login just gets a green screen with a refresh circle. Whats funny is if you rotate the display at all during this process, it just goes back to the 'welcome to the app' screen.

You can contribute with logging and providing logs of login issues as previous users to help devs:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post82627561
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post82628741

Rotation resets display layout, that is why. Paid apps require XDA Labs app logged in the smartphone

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
28th May 2020, 05:43 AM |#12228  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

I noticed this in logs:

This should help devs to find out the culprit. Thanks for reporting

The rest is left to see whether other users who can't login experience the same logs or this is special for your device. Let's wait until they upload their logs as well @BeeJ1109 and @elocnix

Hi All,
I would gladly help !!!!

All I want is a concise method on MatLog app, setup of the parameters needed firstly.

Then the correct procedure from start to finish, using "MatLog v1.2.3 to record and save "only the lines of text" in regards to the Login issue with XDA Labs v1.1.6b-debug. Removing ALL the useless lines of text.

That is it, and I only need to extract or setup the Matlog app, Functional to record only the login and the response back, that XDA server is rejecting my Username and Password. As being "incorrect" on only one device.
Whereas xda-1.1.6b-play.apk works correctly on ALL other devices, I own.

I have also posted a PM to the Dev, plusCubed.
Mike Channon, XDA Forum Administrator, whom informed best to contact the Dev.

Suggest others, do the same, "more the merrier", might get a response.

Mike, also informed me, there is another completely new update of XDA Labs app, being released soon. After 2 years of no updates, last released in early 2018. Not xda-labs-1.1.7b-rc2-debug.apk.

Please respond, so I can provide the appropriate logcat required for examination, to hopefully find a solution to this Annoying Login problem, many others are also finding issues with this XDA app.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcia99

Try this, @Eleo gave me these instructions.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Sorry, video link didn't upload

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

By Kindle you mean Amazon Kindle Fire? Because the other kindle doesn't use Android as a system OS.
About logging, once you install matlog, open the app and give root permissions, it will start collecting logs. As simple as that. I don't know what are you unsure about. But nevertheless, here you can find more info on logging using matlog:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...o-save-logcat/
It also has a video record in case you are still confused.

Good luck

Hi Thanks for the links.
Sorry Video is OK, explains the basics, includes the Procedure in text, to help understand the accent, what he is describing.
But found it a little too basic.

I can assure you, it is not simple to create, the correct info, in regards to the logcat, required to investigate a precise issue.

1. Requires a concise "step by step" procedure.
2. Includes the "best settings" in the app's setup, prior to recording.
3. What is required to search and extract a partial log.
4. That only creates a logcat file, that is useful to Devs., and other knowledgeable members .
5. Post to investigate and hopefully fix the issue.

So far, all my attempts are full of useless info, and nothing, about the errors, or what is the cause of the failure.

Cheers
28th May 2020, 07:02 AM |#12229  
Flag Bay city
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJ1109

Hi All,
I would gladly help !!!!

All I want is a concise method on MatLog app, setup of the parameters needed firstly.

Then the correct procedure from start to finish, using "MatLog v1.2.3 to record and save "only the lines of text" in regards to the Login issue with XDA Labs v1.1.6b-debug. Removing ALL the useless lines of text.

That is it, and I only need to extract or setup the Matlog app, Functional to record only the login and the response back, that XDA server is rejecting my Username and Password. As being "incorrect" on only one device.
Whereas xda-1.1.6b-play.apk works correctly on ALL other devices, I own.

I have also posted a PM to the Dev, plusCubed.
Mike Channon, XDA Forum Administrator, whom informed best to contact the Dev.

Suggest others, do the same, "more the merrier", might get a response.

Mike, also informed me, there is another completely new update of XDA Labs app, being released soon. After 2 years of no updates, last released in early 2018. Not xda-labs-1.1.7b-rc2-debug.apk.

Please respond, so I can provide the appropriate logcat required for examination, to hopefully find a solution to this Annoying Login problem, many others are also finding issues with this XDA app.
Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Hi Thanks for the links.
Sorry Video is OK, explains the basics, includes the Procedure in text, to help understand the accent, what he is describing.
But found it a little too basic.

I can assure you, it is not simple to create, the correct info, in regards to the logcat, required to investigate a precise issue.

1. Requires a concise "step by step" procedure.
2. Includes the "best settings" in the app's setup, prior to recording.
3. What is required to search and extract a partial log.
4. That only creates a logcat file, that is useful to Devs., and other knowledgeable members .
5. Post to investigate and hopefully fix the issue.

So far, all my attempts are full of useless info, and nothing, about the errors, or what is the cause of the failure.

Cheers

I will attempt to help as much as possible.
1: Open matlog
2: Hit x button top right to clear logs, then quickly
3: Hit three dots button top right for drop-down click file then the record button. At this point it's recording. Minimize matlog (don't close) at this time.
4: At this time go straight to XDA login and try to reproduce the failed login. Once done go back to matlog app.
5: once back in matlog app stop recording by hitting the blue stop icon bottom right corner.

From there I go to internal storage and find a file named matlog. Open that and logs should be there. Hopefully! In regards to partial logs I really don't know and don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. Good luck.
28th May 2020, 07:44 AM |#12230  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

You can contribute with logging and providing logs of login issues as previous users to help devs:

Got it. Not sure what you use for logs (again, this thread is too long), so I just used matlog to capture the log. I attempted both logging in normally and via Google login. I didn't remove anything from the logs, but I did just go from matlog to the XDA app and back after so hopefully the logs aren't too bloated. For now I've just done it on one of the devices, the second device isn't rooted (damn verizon Moto E) and the third device is currently without internet access after some kernel modifications I was in the midst of. Anyway, I'll try to capture other logs from this or other non-working devices, just let me know if this is what you're looking for.

In any case, I've found a way around logging in to get the paid app installed and I don't otherwise use this app, so i'm no longer affected. Hopefully they'll find a fix for others though.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ZTE-Z667T-82020-05-27-23-17-12.txt - [Click for QR Code] (440.1 KB, 10 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to bveditz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bveditz Ad-Free
28th May 2020, 09:18 AM |#12231  
Flag Jena
Thanks Meter: 14,092

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bveditz

Got it. Not sure what you use for logs (again, this thread is too long), so I just used matlog to capture the log. I attempted both logging in normally and via Google login. I didn't remove anything from the logs, but I did just go from matlog to the XDA app and back after so hopefully the logs aren't too bloated. For now I've just done it on one of the devices, the second device isn't rooted (damn verizon Moto E) and the third device is currently without internet access after some kernel modifications I was in the midst of. Anyway, I'll try to capture other logs from this or other non-working devices, just let me know if this is what you're looking for.

In any case, I've found a way around logging in to get the paid app installed and I don't otherwise use this app, so i'm no longer affected. Hopefully they'll find a fix for others though.

Good luck!

Lines 1604-1661 and 3150-3188 have the errors of login in your logs. They coincide with logs shared by barcia99, which could be good news, as it defines the reason of login issue

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)