FORUMS

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,306 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,550

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
16th November 2020, 06:12 AM |#12431  
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 25,160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkgop001

Hi guys
I can't login to the forum section of the app any more
The blue login screen keeps saying invalid username / password though I'm using the right credentials
Version 1.1.6b
Any idea what's going on?
Thx

Hi,
Random help here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post82320901
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift woodman Ad-Free
16th November 2020, 12:34 PM |#12432  
Quote:

Hi guys

I can't login to the forum section of the app any more

The blue login screen keeps saying invalid username / password though I'm using the right credentials

Version 1.1.6b

Any idea what's going on?

Thx

I've had that issue using express vpn.
Disabling vpn then logging in works.
Once logged in on app vpn can be enabled.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
16th November 2020, 02:50 PM |#12433  
On a related issue,
A couple of banking apps I use will not let me sign in un less I select a different country in express vpn.
Simply disabling the vpn didn't fix the signin issue.

Sent from my payton using XDA Labs
17th November 2020, 06:45 AM |#12434  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

I've had that issue using express vpn.
Disabling vpn then logging in works.
Once logged in on app vpn can be enabled.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks
Using Blokada here (and always have with no XDA login issues) with no other VPN

Tried disabling Blokada completely
Adding XDA as an exception

Still not able to login

Logged out from the XDA web completely
Cleaned the XDA app cache
Reinstalled the XDA app

Still not working

Super weird! Any ideas as to what to try next?
20th November 2020, 07:16 AM |#12435  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:

Thanks
Using Blokada here (and always have with no XDA login issues) with no other VPN

Tried disabling Blokada completely
Adding XDA as an exception

Still not able to login

Logged out from the XDA web completely
Cleaned the XDA app cache
Reinstalled the XDA app

Still not working

Super weird! Any ideas as to what to try next?

Hey guys
The app mysteriously started working just fine with my login today...no changes made to my setup.
Not complaining here... Fingers crossed that it keeps going!
Cheers!
20th November 2020, 08:03 AM |#12436  
Thanks Meter: 608

More
Sorry guys, bit of a rant ahead regarding recent developments.

Quote:

We'll be opening up github shortly! Beware that every time somebody asks we build the wall 10 feet higher though.

I can't help but look at this line and feel that XDA has been quite hypocritical here. XDA prides itself on hosting custom ROM development communities, and repeatedly calls out companies which don't release kernel sources for their devices on time. The 'name and shame' technique.

Yet you guys promised to open source your OWN app and didn't do so for FIVE WHOLE YEARS. What was the point? Why not just say it was closed source and be done with it? Why mislead users into thinking the app was going to be open sourced "shortly", for an increasingly ludicrous definition of "shortly"?

And now this app is being abandoned for what looks to be half a year, to be replaced by yet another proprietary app.

I refuse to use the new app. I will be uninstalling XDA Labs in 10 days and will use my browser to access the website instead.

Thank you, and again, sorry for the rant.

@Setialpha I recommend you remove XDA Labs from the list of FOSS apps installed using NanoDroid. It will stop working in 10 days, and was never FOSS to begin with, anyway.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andy356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy356 Ad-Free
20th November 2020, 01:49 PM |#12437  
Thanks Meter: 10,094

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy356

Sorry guys, bit of a rant ahead regarding recent developments.

I can't help but look at this line and feel that XDA has been quite hypocritical here. XDA prides itself on hosting custom ROM development communities, and repeatedly calls out companies which don't release kernel sources for their devices on time. The 'name and shame' technique.

Yet you guys promised to open source your OWN app and didn't do so for FIVE WHOLE YEARS. What was the point? Why not just say it was closed source and be done with it? Why mislead users into thinking the app was going to be open sourced "shortly", for an increasingly ludicrous definition of "shortly"?

And now this app is being abandoned for what looks to be half a year, to be replaced by yet another proprietary app.

I refuse to use the new app. I will be uninstalling XDA Labs in 10 days and will use my browser to access the website instead.

Thank you, and again, sorry for the rant.

@Setialpha I recommend you remove XDA Labs from the list of FOSS apps installed using NanoDroid. It will stop working in 10 days, and was never FOSS to begin with, anyway.

What started as a reasonable (albeit ranty) observation quickly devolved into personal retribution
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
Today, 06:50 PM |#12438  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

What started as a reasonable (albeit ranty) observation quickly devolved into personal retribution

How? Everything they're saying is true. It's not personal from my perspective. Why discredit an honest review? Smh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)