Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][SEPT 15]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,223 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,410

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
5th November 2015, 11:52 PM |#21  
Senior Member - Social Media Manager - News Writer
Flag Yorkshire, England
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpushr

Hey all, we're really proud of this! If you have feedback please feel free to say so in this thread or post feedback to us privately.

long term suggestion: for the wallpaper section, 500px integration would be amazing, a huge selection of amazing images/photos. it's open source and can be found on github
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MathewBrack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MathewBrack Ad-Free

6th November 2015, 12:10 AM |#22  
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 6,488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Px80

Does this mean the xda one app is dead and completly integrated into labs? Sounds good to me as I don't want two apps which almost do the same thing even though labs is working better at first try.

Great question. XDA One was intended to be a jumping off point until we could have a better app plan, and that's what XDA Labs is. So we aren't 100% sure what we will do (open to suggestions!) but as of now, our focus is on Labs.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift svetius Ad-Free
6th November 2015, 12:44 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Bug report
I cant login with my account. I think its related to unicode characters on my user name. I cant aeem to login with google account either, it says offline permisson allow or deny. Even if i select allow its repeatly ask the same permission.

SM-N920C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewBrack

long term suggestion: for the wallpaper section, 500px integration would be amazing, a huge selection of amazing images/photos. it's open source and can be found on github

I dont think so. It must be xda related. Like wallpapers from xda users. We can download the 500px app and look for there. I think it must be unique for us. Thats my suggestion anyway

SM-N920C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozgurce For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ozgurce Ad-Free
6th November 2015, 12:48 AM |#24  
Flag solo
Thanks Meter: 471

Donate to Me
More
Looks great, try it for now, maybe i can add my apps to this apps
The Following User Says Thank You to aldiandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aldiandrew Ad-Free
6th November 2015, 01:32 AM |#25  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Beautiful and complete app, congrats to devs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wyneg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wyneg Ad-Free
6th November 2015, 01:39 AM |#26  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micks29

Just noticed display bugs (navigation drawer too wide, swipe to refresh on navigation drawer & two fields in search screen).
In future do you planned to open a translation project on Crowdin (free for open source apps) and release this app on F-Droid store?

Very weird to see this navdrawer issue. What device/resolution/etc? More info is better.

I personally love Crowdin. Have used it for a few projects and would love to use it for this one too. I also love & use F-Droid for an app of mine. I think we're open to a lot of things right now, but we'll see based on feedback from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLooDW

@blk_jack, is it possible to get latest post position when we click on an external link from another app (e.g. email notification from xda which has link to a thread)? Is it something easy to fix ?
When doing this, we have a loading popup with "Parsing URL..." but it ends up on the first page of the thread, not the latest unread..
I hope to be clear.

Very clear. I've made note of it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Özgürce

Bug report
I cant login with my account. I think its related to unicode characters on my user name. I cant aeem to login with google account either, it says offline permisson allow or deny. Even if i select allow its repeatly ask the same permission.

Again, from OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

Q: I found a bug! Fix it!
Yea yea, sure sure. First, if possible, download the latest debug build. Second, recreate your issue while capturing a log using logcat. Third, post a brief description of how to re-create your issue, with your device information and the log attached. It's that easy!

There is a note in the known issues IRT unicode, but we've had other users with unicode in their name able to login. The bottom line is I need more info. Logs! Logs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiandrew

Looks great, try it for now, maybe i can add my apps to this apps

Please do! We're looking for active devs to use this platform. If it helps you out and makes sense then please by all means!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2015, 01:40 AM |#27  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 161

More
A question: I downloaded caf chromium using this app, where can I find the apk??? There isn't in download folder...
6th November 2015, 01:49 AM |#28  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyneg

A question: I downloaded caf chromium using this app, where can I find the apk??? There isn't in download folder...

After the download is finished it launches the installer for it. It uses the Android DownloadManager and puts it in /sdcard/Android/data/com.xda.labs/. That said, if there's an issue. Grab the debug build & upload a log.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blk_jack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2015, 02:11 AM |#29  
Flag Your downstairs basement
Thanks Meter: 798

More
Hey bros! This app looks really nice, but unfortunately on my Nexus 6 running Cataclysm Marshmallow, I get an FC on start (the dialogue pops up before the app even starts). The log can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64IJ9xlDpb4OGh0YVpEbEhoVkk/view?usp=docslist_api

Cheers!

Sent using XDA One
The Following User Says Thank You to ANDR01DN00B For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ANDR01DN00B Ad-Free
6th November 2015, 02:25 AM |#30  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Installing it... will report soon for thought or maybe bugs if any.

Keep spirits...

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
6th November 2015, 02:30 AM |#31  
Retired Senior Moderator - Be careful not to choke on your aspirations
Flag The Dark Side
Thanks Meter: 23,002

More
One helpful thing here maybe.... Is anyone with 6.0 able to open the app without a FC?

So far the only FC reports seem to be 6.0 related.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)