[CLOSED][OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djcsurf

Jan 9, 2011
Kent
Update notification is cool but would be nice to have option to enable or disable it for users watching data usage.

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
EDIT: Per-app logcat attached from a random crash after using another app in the middle of posting then using the Back button to leave said app hoping to return to XDA Labs. Nice run-on sentence, eh? I'm too tired to revise it. :p

The Chrome Tab option is awesome, it let me quickly switch to the mobile site to edit my post & attach the log.

Hi... how to insert image / attach image when i replying a thread ?

Didn't find an option for it.

Thank you

More features coming, hold tight. ;)

Update notification is cool but would be nice to have option to enable or disable it for users watching data usage.

The update check uses an infinitesimal amount of data. Wait until you're on WiFi to download it.

Attachments

• Log_2015-11-05_22-51-56.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Px80

Feb 19, 2012
Great question. XDA One was intended to be a jumping off point until we could have a better app plan, and that's what XDA Labs is. So we aren't 100% sure what we will do (open to suggestions!) but as of now, our focus is on Labs. :cowboy:

I totally like the idea of labs with fully integrated forum! Maybe you could go further with this and integrate open source apps like fdroid does or maybe team up with them about the apps.

As for the xposed part in labs? Is this already fully working or is it a bug that "enable mod" shows up a pop up that I need xposed be installed? (Because it already is :D )

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Like previously mentioned, the notification is just a notification, it uses an incredibly tiny amount of bandwidth. You can choose to actually download updates at your own discretion, like when you're on wifi. That said, the ability for users to pick/choose when to receive notifications is something we're working on adding to the settings.

Hi... how to insert image / attach image when i replying a thread ?
This feature is being worked on as we speak :)

As for the xposed part in labs? Is this already fully working or is it a bug that "enable mod" shows up a pop up that I need xposed be installed? (Because it already is :D )
Hmm that ain't good! The app will only do that if it can't get root or if it can't find the XposedInstaller's data dir (since it inserts your enabled mods there). If you could provide a log and let me know more info on your setup that would be great.

You should get and post here some logs. That way, blk_jack or other devs will be able to analyse :)

As a reminder, in post #2 , in FAQ :

THIS GUY! Thank you @FLooDW!

Since 0.54a I've been able to fix 3 bugs that were directly related to logs I received in this thread. Logs and more detailed info on crashes, bugs & strange occurrences will not only make our job easier but also better the app for the community as a whole.

Manuel15

Oct 5, 2014
I subscribed to the "Ask ANY questions" thread, but today if I try to open it with both XDA One and XDA Labs apps I get a "problems with your request" message , I'll provide a logcat later (XDA apps don't let me attach it)

Inviato utilizzando XDA One

kryzeK

Jul 17, 2012
Cachoeira Paulista
Chrome Custom Tab is working for you guys? Here in my Nexus 4 running Chroma ROM (Android 6.0) and latest Chrome Dev when I open a link I'm redirected to the browser, not custom chrome tab

Manuel15

Oct 5, 2014
I subscribed to the "Ask ANY questions" thread, but today if I try to open it with both XDA One and XDA Labs apps I get a "problems with your request" message , I'll provide a logcat later (XDA apps don't let me attach it)

Inviato utilizzando XDA One
logcat here

Attachments

• 2015-11-06-15-12-43.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: blk_jack

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Chrome Custom Tab is working for you guys? Here in my Nexus 4 running Chroma ROM (Android 6.0) and latest Chrome Dev when I open a link I'm redirected to the browser, not custom chrome tab

Could you gimme a bit more info on this? Where are you trying to open a link in particular? We use custom chrome tabs in the Discover article page, Forums and App/Xposed details. There is, however, a setting to explicitly disable Custom Chrome Tabs in Settings. It's enabled by default though so I don't suppose you manually toggled it off?

Reactions: kryzeK
G

GuestK0036

Very weird to see this navdrawer issue. What device/resolution/etc? More info is better.

I personally love Crowdin. Have used it for a few projects and would love to use it for this one too. I also love & use F-Droid for an app of mine. I think we're open to a lot of things right now, but we'll see based on feedback from you guys.
My device is a Samsung Galaxy S2 - HDPI 480x800. Indeed a bit strange because this bug was fixed on XDA One first version by @-BioHaZard-, thanks to him for his work btw, commit: Navigation drawer width fix for HDPI phones .

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
My device is a Samsung Galaxy S2 - HDPI 480x800. Indeed a bit strange because this bug was fixed on XDA One first version by @-BioHaZard-, thanks to him for his work btw, commit: Navigation drawer width fix for HDPI phones .

Ah right, that's one mighty small resolution.

I may ping you later to be my HDPI tester ;)

Anyway XDA Labs uses its own NavDrawer that wasn't any part of One, so that's why you're seeing this issue. I'll add in the appropriate dimension changes for your device, though.

Reactions: ANDR01DN00B
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/31/20: Important update: XDA Labs if officially discontinued. Read about it here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

We (at XDA) have been working on something. :eek:

This is XDA Labs. The name isn't final, and this is not the "official" launch... but we are (quietly) giving you guys a chance to try it out so we can get some feedback. So....what is it?

First and foremost, it's a speedy way to access the forums (ad-free!). You'll see a lot that's familiar with XDA One, because we merged the code into Labs and made a handful of much-needed improvements.

Second, it's a new way to access all the Xposed modules you love.

And third, it's a way to distribute apps-- and eventually all sorts of stuff that people upload to XDA. It is 100% pro-developer in that 1) we allow all types of apps (including stuff not allowed on Play), 2) we don't remove apps without warning and without communication to the developer, 3) we enable developers to sell apps, receiving 100% of the proceeds directly, 4) we accept Bitcoin payment, which is fast, easy, and low cost, and 5) we utilize alpha, beta and stable release channels so devs can have control in how they distribute apps to users. :highfive:

If you are a developer and want to add your app, go here:
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/

Labs is discontinued. Read about it here.

Otherwise...use the app, and tell us what you think! Again, Labs is very much Beta right now so keep your expectations in check! :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    XDA Labs, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    blk_jack, svetius, bitpushr, rwestergren

Version Information
    Beta
    Current Beta Version: 1.1.6
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-19

Created 2015-11-05
    Last Updated 2018-03-19
    Known Issues
    • Multiple embedded quotes can break/rearrange incorrectly
    • Multi-quote is limited to current page
    • Chipset/architecture specific app builds unavailable (arm64/intel/etc)
    • If your account name has been manually changed on XDA it also needs to be changed in Labs and can only be done by an admin
    • Additional glitches, quirks and other bugs listed here (maintained by @Wood Man)

General Limitations
    • / forum tags aren't rendered
      [*]Attachments can't be added when editing posts
      [*]Files can't be removed once attached (user must start post over)

Support Your Device!
    If your device isn't being identified correctly, please take a look at the Android Device Names Registry. This is a community maintained repo you can contribute to so Labs (and other apps) can rightfully identify your device.​

Community Chat
    Want to chat with the team or other Labs users? Want to help debug an issue?
    Join us on Telegram in the XDA Labs group!

Help translate! Aide Ã?* traduire! Aiutare a tradurre!
    Head on over to our page on thee mighty CrowdIn to join in the fun!​

FAQ
    Q: Where's the source!?!?
    Not available and no ETA. It's not up to us (the team behind Labs), so please don't ask as we're not the ones to answer.

Q: Notifications seem a bit inconsistent or delayed! What gives?!
    Labs uses a very light-weight notification service that uses MQTT instead of Google Play Services. Due to the changes first found in M, Android has made Google Play Services the only way for apps to reliably get notifications. You can get around this by manually adding Labs to the "Don't Optimize" list in Settings -> Apps -> Special Access -> Battery optimization -> All apps. The term "Don't Optimize" is misleading, Labs won't drain your battery and you'll get notifications properly. Read more about it here.

Q: How do I disable the Apps/Xposed part of the app? I only want forums!
    Right now you can't! We're looking into letting the user disable parts of the app, but in the meantime you can enable the XDA Forums launcher icon. When loading directly into the Forums none of the App/Xposed sections will be loaded into memory. See this post for more info.

Q: Since this app is part-store and it won't be allowed on Play, how do I get updates?!
    Good question! Labs has OTA self-updates that will notify you when a new version is available.

Q: I'm getting a Parse error when installing apps, what gives?
    This is a Package Installer issue. Check out a workaround here.

Q: I have updates from GroovyAPKs/GoogleAPKs for apps I haven't even installed via Labs! What gives?!
    From the explanation in the app itself:
    In addition to indie apps, Labs also contains staged roll-out versions of popular big-name apps. This means you can get the latest release of Hangouts before it's available on Play for your device or country. Updating via Labs still lets you get future updates. You just get the newer version sooner. Yay!

These staged roll-outs are snatched as soon as the roll-out begins and made available immediately in Labs. They're hand-picked by cyborgs at XDA (GroovyAPKs/GoogleAPKs) and are identical to the versions eventually pushed out on Google Play..
    You can block apps by clicking on the circle with a / slash through it above the Apps tab.

Q: Can you change the paged layout of threads to endlessly scroll instead?
    Sorry, this change requires a substantial amount of backend work done first and as such is not planned for any time in the near future.

Q: How can I add an App?
    Simply visit labs.xda-developers.com and login using your XDA username.

Q: I'm an Xposed Mod dev, how do I add a banner, screenshots, etc to my mods?
    Xposed Mods are still added/edited on rovo89's repo.xposed.info. Once your Xposed Mod is added there, you can log into the Labs console to add a banner, screenshots and more to your mod!

Q: How can I add my Wallpaper??
    We're working on expanding our dev console to support the upload and management of user submitted wallpapers.

Q: I found a bug! Fix it!
    Yea yea, sure sure. First, if possible, download the latest debug build. Second, recreate your issue while capturing a log using logcat. Third, post a brief description of how to re-create your issue, with your device information and the log attached. It's that easy! EDIT: This has been roughly outlined in this post. Feel free to use it as a guide but do not ask support related questions on adb or how to capture logs.
    Roadmap
    We wish to keep this app updated according to constructive user feedback. Here's a peak at what's next for the app!
    • CPU/chipset build options (intel/arm64/etc)
    • Auto-update apps toggle for rooted devices
    • Ability to hide/disable parts of the app you don't use
    • Super dark AMOLED theme
    • Nickname auto-complete on PM, mention, etc
    • Download wallpapers
    • Moderation tools
    • Data-saver for forum images (load on-demand instead of automatically)

Check out the suggestions list here

Downloads
    [Latest Labs] (debug build)

1.1.6b (Mar 19)
    Notice: Upgrading to 1.1.6b may temporarily break installed substratum themes. Please rebuild the XDA Labs overlay to fix this.
    • [tweak] Update supported devices
    • [tweak] Translation updates
    • [fix] Edit post length related errors
    • [fix] Workaround some Huawei device startup crashes
    • [fix] Large image OOM crashes in posts
    • [fix] News top images not filling header
    • [fix] My Device crash for certain devices

1.1.4b (Feb 05)
    • [feature] LG theme support (thanks @markbencze!)
    • [tweak] Add more supported devices
    • [tweak] Upgrade network stack
    • [tweak] Upgrade Android support libs
    • [tweak] Upgrade search backend
    • [tweak] Updated translations
    • [fix] Portal news network error

1.1.3.3b (September 15)
    • [tweak] Add support for more devices
    • [tweak] Add telegram chat link
    • [tweak] Translation updates, added Korean
    • [fix] Back-end file attachment errors more descriptive
    • [fix] Broken / out-of-order image bug in N/O
    • [fix] Download receiver crash on some devices
    • [fix] OP post tag vanishing on rotation
    • [fix] Forum launch fragment crash

1.1.2.2b (June 4)
    • [fix] Certain network requests/actions randomly failing
    • [fix] Mangled translations
    • [fix] Revamp retry code for handling forum API request failure
    • [tweak] Extract out some colors for themes
    • [tweak] Update translations
    • [tweak] Update device names lib

1.1.1b (January 18)
    • [feature] Scroll to the top of tabs by clicking tab title
    • [feature] Add support for https forum links
    • [tweak] Updated device names lib
    • [tweak] Updated SearchPlus libs
    • [tweak] Thread search results launch new stack (>KK)
    • [tweak] Shared forum URLs default to https
    • [tweak] Browser option for failed forum URL parse
    • [tweak] Play edition removal prompt on full upgrade
    • [tweak] Update translations / add Arabic
    • [fix] Backing out of articles properly kills video
    • [fix] Prevent quoting/replies in locked threads
    • [fix] Fix page # in URL in thread share/browser
    • [fix] KK issues with SearchPlus

1.1.0b (November 11)
    • [feature] Forum Search webview replaced with Search Plus
    • [feature] Launcher shortcuts for Android 7.1
    • [tweak] Circle icons for Android 7.1
    • [tweak] forumdisplay URLs added to parser
    • [tweak] Add shortcut from Android notification settings
    • [tweak] Optimize app/xposed list refresh request
    • [tweak] More supported devices to My Device
    • [fix] Themes change without app restart
    • [fix] Thread list resume crash

1.0.9b (October 14)
    • [feature] Auto-draft saving for posts/PMs
    • [feature] Android Wear full notification support
    • [feature] Enhanced notifications
    • [tweak] Quote/Mention/PM caching and pre-loading
    • [tweak] Dismissed notifications not shown again
    • [tweak] Thread OP can now edit thread title
    • [tweak] Unseen thread default switched back to end
    • [tweak] Tweak rating star speed & rounding
    • [tweak] Thread search results UI
    • [tweak] Load multi-page thread search results
    • [tweak] Share article shortcut
    • [tweak] Add drafts to post edits
    • [tweak] Thread search results sorted by date
    • [tweak] Update to Nougat support libs
    • [tweak] Update 3rd party libs
    • [tweak] Update DB lib, use faster sorting for results
    • [tweak] App signing certificate validation
    • [tweak] Clickable links in app description
    • [tweak] Thread list rendering now much faster
    • [tweak] NavDrawer shown in Forums section if unread notices
    • [tweak] Removed All forum tab
    • [tweak] Find a forum search icon only shown in Forum tabs
    • [fix] Some device detect mismatches
    • [fix] Single page threads properly marked as read on visit
    • [fix] Thread marked as read on new reply
    • [fix] Light theme star rating white on white
    • [fix] Review modal button wrap
    • [fix] Existing drafts not saving properly
    • [fix] Xposed light theme star rating
    • [fix] Share news article crash
    • [fix] Edit post adding to [IMG/YOUTUBE] urls [*] [fix] [Q...st log more verbosely to help with debugging.
    Hi folks, a quick update on some recent changes.

We've successfully migrated the backend from Amazon to GCP. This includes an updated & more modern CI/CD that will improve the process to build/deploy the backend services. It also means we can scale and monitor those services better.

The app itself is now also tied into a new build process which automatically signs and generates builds for testers. With that in place, we'll be able to get additional developers on board and have their contributions be merged in with proper testing to prevent regression issues.

So what's next? Well, the notifications will finally be fixed and switched over from our homegrown MQTT setup to FCM.
    After that a slew of modernizations will be merged in to pave the way for some of the changes & additions you've been asking for over the past few years.

This is all happening with the help of @Wood Man and I'll do my best to keep updating this thread as new builds are finally released and changes to the app itself are rolled out.

Thanks for your patience and support <3
    Spread the word and support Labs

Show your love!
    Using labs is supporting indie Android dev, the backbone of the XDA Developers community. Show your support by choosing one of our signatures. Each signature represents a different role or relationship you might have with Labs. Are you a developer using the platform? Are you a translator who has contributed to the app? Maybe just an advocate? Helpful tester?? We got you covered!

preview_trans.png

Copy/paste the markdown string into your signature here

Large signatures

[URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/empty.png[/IMG][/URL]

Developer
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/developer.png[/IMG][/URL]

Beta tester
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/beta_tester.png[/IMG][/URL]

Contributor
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/contributor.png[/IMG][/URL]

Advocate
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/large/advocate.png[/IMG][/URL]

Small signatures

[URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/empty.png[/IMG][/URL]

Developer
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/developer.png[/IMG][/URL]

Beta tester
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/beta_tester.png[/IMG][/URL]

Contributor
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/contributor.png[/IMG][/URL]

Advocate
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small/advocate.png[/IMG][/URL]

Small wrapped signatures

[URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/empty.png[/IMG][/URL]

Developer
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/developer.png[/IMG][/URL]

Beta tester
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/beta_tester.png[/IMG][/URL]

Contributor
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/contributor.png[/IMG][/URL]

Advocate
    [URL="http://goo.gl/Tc1eaV"][IMG]http://imgs.xda-labs.com/0621sigs/small_wrap/advocate.png[/IMG][/URL]

Signatures are courtesy of @Faiz Malkani. Hey did you know he did the Labs icon/logo too? What a great guy!

If you're viewing this in Labs, the NOPARSE tag won't be working and you'll see the image instead of the code. I realize the irony ;)