FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,311 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,039

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
10th January 2018, 12:44 PM |#9721  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

I just tested and it works with nova. Please provide more info about your device, about how you tried to do it (long press a forum and click on "open as" icon on top).

I think he wants to have a specific thread shortcut. You dont need to have shortcut of forums in launcher to be enabled for that (just tested it)

Thank you guys for the quick response.

This is exactly what im doing and it doesnt work. Ive tried creating both topic and forum shortcuts. A badge is shown saying that shortcut was created but icon is missing.

In Lawnchair it doesn't work either.

Maybe its rom related?

10th January 2018, 12:58 PM |#9722  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 11,501

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviduco

Thank you guys for the quick response.

This is exactly what im doing and it doesnt work. Ive tried creating both topic and forum shortcuts. A badge is shown saying that shortcut was created but icon is missing.

In Lawnchair it doesn't work either.

Maybe its rom related?

Be sure that you havent disabled "icon creation" intent. It can be done by some power saving (battery saving) apps like autostarts app (see attachments). Check your apps to be sure there is nothing against shortcut creation.

If you cant find, try matlogging:
0. Enable logging if it is disabled (you will see at step 2)
1. Install MatLog app from playstore.
2. Start logging by openning app (it automatically starts, if not, press "play" button on top)
Now if you dont see any logs, then it is disabled in kernel. If logs are shown, then continue with step 3. If it is disabled, then discuss with your kernel dev to find it out.
3. Now try replicate the event -> open XDA Labs and create shortcut.
4. Go to recents, and return back to matlog app.
5. Press "pause" button on top. Please dont wait too much, because it records about 20-100 lines per second. If it takes 1 minute, it may file up to 5000 lines, which will be hard for us to read and diagnose.
6. Go to 3dot menu of app, select "file", then select "save". It may ask permission to write, grant it. It will save with date and time, click ok.
7. The logs will be saved in internal/matlog/saved logs folder. It is possible that log file will be big for upload on XDA, so either include it in zip and attach to post or upload it to a cloud storage (mega, gdrive and etc) and share the link here.

We will try checking logs and see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180110-165047.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	4385171  
10th January 2018, 01:16 PM |#9723  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

Be sure that you havent disabled "icon creation" intent. It can be done by some power saving (battery saving) apps like autostarts app (see attachments). Check your apps to be sure there is nothing against shortcut creation.

If you cant find, try matlogging:
0. Enable logging if it is disabled (you will see at step 2)
1. Install MatLog app from playstore.
2. Start logging by openning app (it automatically starts, if not, press "play" button on top)
Now if you dont see any logs, then it is disabled in kernel. If logs are shown, then continue with step 3. If it is disabled, then discuss with your kernel dev to find it out.
3. Now try replicate the event -> open XDA Labs and create shortcut.
4. Go to recents, and return back to matlog app.
5. Press "pause" button on top. Please dont wait too much, because it records about 20-100 lines per second. If it takes 1 minute, it may file up to 5000 lines, which will be hard for us to read and diagnose.
6. Go to 3dot menu of app, select "file", then select "save". It may ask permission to write, grant it. It will save with date and time, click ok.
7. The logs will be saved in internal/matlog/saved logs folder. It is possible that log file will be big for upload on XDA, so either include it in zip and attach to post or upload it to a cloud storage (mega, gdrive and etc) and share the link here.

We will try checking logs and see.

I would say icon creation is working because i've just created a traffic shortcut from google maps and it popped up inmediatly.

01-10 14:12:14.465 W/ActivityManager(1035): Broadcast com.android.launcher.action.INSTALL_SHORTCUT no longer supported. It will not be delivered.

Oreo related?

https://developer.android.com/about/...html?hl=en-419

Quote:

App shortcuts
Android 8.0 (API level 26) includes the following changes to app shortcuts:

The com.android.launcher.action.INSTALL_SHORTCUT broadcast no longer has any effect on your app, because it is now a private, implicit broadcast. Instead, you should create an app shortcut by using the requestPinShortcut() method from the ShortcutManager class.

The Following User Says Thank You to daviduco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daviduco Ad-Free
10th January 2018, 04:25 PM |#9724  
Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Thanks Meter: 11,258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidzero

Devs - currently it seems impossible to view the currently installed version of Xposed apps. Or at least, I'm only able to find the version of available updates. Can you add the currently installed version number somewhere into the apps' overviews?

Added as #43 in already suggested features.
Thanks!
10th January 2018, 04:36 PM |#9725  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviduco

I would say icon creation is working because i've just created a traffic shortcut from google maps and it popped up inmediatly.

01-10 14:12:14.465 W/ActivityManager(1035): Broadcast com.android.launcher.action.INSTALL_SHORTCUT no longer supported. It will not be delivered.

Oreo related?

https://developer.android.com/about/...html?hl=en-419

Added as issue #72 in post 7.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
13th January 2018, 11:43 PM |#9726  
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Bug:
OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010) is incorrectly identified as Oneplus One when clicking "My Device"

Expected behavior:
When clicking "My Device", XDA app should go to OnePlus 5T forums.

Reproduced:
100% of the time.

Thank you
13th January 2018, 11:51 PM |#9727  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDvr

Bug:
OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010) is incorrectly identified as Oneplus One when clicking "My Device"

Expected behavior:

Reproduced:
100% of the time.

Thank you

I think this commit in parsed.devices file by @MSF Jarvis should fix your issue. But you'll have to wait next XDA Labs version to be sure
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
13th January 2018, 11:55 PM |#9728  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDvr

Bug:

Expected behavior:

Reproduced:
100% of the time.

Thank you

In the meantime, you can choose manually the correct device from "my device", please read this example here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post74675728
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 12:00 AM |#9729  
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

In the meantime, you can choose manually the correct device from "my device", please read this example here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6/post74675728

Thanks!!
14th January 2018, 04:59 PM |#9730  
Thanks Meter: 172

Donate to Me
More
I am not able to add Attachments while ediing a post, is it a bug?
14th January 2018, 05:01 PM |#9731  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 18,867

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaseen_the_Gamer

I am not able to add Attachments while ediing a post, is it a bug?

Nope. You can only edit your reply. Can only edit attachments in web view.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)