Originally Posted by daviduco
Thank you guys for the quick response.
This is exactly what im doing and it doesnt work. Ive tried creating both topic and forum shortcuts. A badge is shown saying that shortcut was created but icon is missing.
In Lawnchair it doesn't work either.
Maybe its rom related?
Be sure that you havent disabled "icon creation" intent. It can be done by some power saving (battery saving) apps like autostarts app (see attachments). Check your apps to be sure there is nothing against shortcut creation.
If you cant find, try matlogging:
0. Enable logging if it is disabled (you will see at step 2)
1. Install MatLog app from playstore.
2. Start logging by openning app (it automatically starts, if not, press "play" button on top)
Now if you dont see any logs, then it is disabled in kernel. If logs are shown, then continue with step 3. If it is disabled, then discuss with your kernel dev to find it out.
3. Now try replicate the event -> open XDA Labs and create shortcut.
4. Go to recents, and return back to matlog app.
5. Press "pause" button on top. Please dont wait too much, because it records about 20-100 lines per second. If it takes 1 minute, it may file up to 5000 lines, which will be hard for us to read and diagnose.
6. Go to 3dot menu of app, select "file", then select "save". It may ask permission to write, grant it. It will save with date and time, click ok.
7. The logs will be saved in internal/matlog/saved logs
folder. It is possible that log file will be big for upload on XDA, so either include it in zip and attach to post or upload it to a cloud storage (mega, gdrive and etc) and share the link here.
We will try checking logs and see.