FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

3,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,052

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 5th November 2015, 08:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from blk_jack: Join us on IRC in #xda-labs on Freenode!
12th February 2018, 01:52 AM |#9981  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceelos218

For those of you having parse error issues... Behold!! Found the solution. Clear data on package installer and give it storage permissions.

Sent from my quark using XDA Labs

12th February 2018, 05:28 AM |#9982  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,665

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSnatchr

How?

Depending on your Android version and ROM variant it might go something like this:

Settings > Apps > All apps > 3-dot menu > show system > scroll to and select Package installer > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.

It is likely that your workflow through that will be different but the idea should be the same: Get to a view of all apps including system, find package installer, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 05:02 PM |#9983  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Hi

I have 2 problems with xad labs 1.1.4
1) Can't copy past links
2) Don't get notifications
Notifications and TeslaUnread are on.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using XDA Labs
13th February 2018, 06:11 PM |#9984  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 11,923

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentgreen

Hi

I have 2 problems with xad labs 1.1.4
1) Can't copy past links
2) Don't get notifications
Notifications and TeslaUnread are on.
Thanks

Are they specific to 1.1.4? You didnt have them on previous versions? Please be specific.
1. From where to where? Copy links of posts? Copy links from posts? Please explain.
2. Disable powersaving apps like smart manager, greenify, amplify and similar apps that make the app hibernate/go to sleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 06:46 PM |#9985  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

Are they specific to 1.1.4? You didnt have them on previous versions? Please be specific.
1. From where to where? Copy links of posts? Copy links from posts? Please explain.
2. Disable powersaving apps like smart manager, greenify, amplify and similar apps that make the app hibernate/go to sleep.

1.1.4 is the first virsion I use.

1) whan I long press on link I can not get copy/paste menu.
whan I copy links from browser (samsung browser) and paste it on xda labs, the links don't paste. only some words from massege I copy from.
2) it all disable. the app is on "unmonitored apps" and I noticed that the notifications inside the app, appears only after refresh and even after I get notification inside the app, I don't get notification in the status or from TeslaUnred.

13th February 2018, 07:09 PM |#9986  
Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 12,190

More
Quote:

1.1.4 is the first virsion I use.

1) whan I long press on link I can not get copy/paste menu.
whan I copy links from browser (samsung browser) and paste it on xda labs, the links don't paste. only some words from massege I copy from.
2) it all disable. the app is on "unmonitored apps" and I noticed that the notifications inside the app, appears only after refresh and even after I get notification inside the app, I don't get notification in the status or from TeslaUnred.

Hi,

About 1), you can't copy directly a link by long pressing but there is a workaround, you can long press a post (on the header for instance) and then use the "copy text" button on top, then you'll see the content of the post, including the URL of links.

About 2), did you check the "battery optimization" item mentioned by blk_jack in FAQ of post #2? It's in Android settings.
Other than that, be sure Labs PushService is not freezed.
You can also search "Notifications" term in this thread, maybe you'll find some clues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 07:19 PM |#9987  

More
About the copy text feature. Here is an example where you can get urls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180213-201738.png
Views:	488
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	4419064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180213-201754.png
Views:	486
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	4419065  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
14th February 2018, 08:48 AM |#9988  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 11,923

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

Wow. I didnt even know that you can copy links directly from a post. I always opened the links in posts to be able to copy it. If link is xda post link, I copied the link by long pressing it after post is opened, and if it is outside, it opened those links with inbuilt browser, and after clicking on 3dot then (i) icon to get the link, I long pressed on opened link text to copy it

If I knew it before it would have cost me less time
14th February 2018, 09:06 AM |#9989  

More
Quote:

If I knew it before it would have cost me less time

If you need more tricks for lazy people, you can count on me!
Joke aside, I like things that allow me to get more free time for real life and other more important stuff.
14th February 2018, 09:49 AM |#9990  

More
Quote:

Quote:

Hi,

About 1), you can't copy directly a link by long pressing but there is a workaround, you can long press a post (on the header for instance) and then use the "copy text" button on top, then you'll see the content of the post, including the URL of links.

About 2), did you check the "battery optimization" item mentioned by blk_jack in FAQ of post #2? It's in Android settings.
Other than that, be sure Labs PushService is not freezed.
You can also search "Notifications" term in this thread, maybe you'll find some clues.

Quote:

Thanks for this workaround
I make sure the app is unmonitoring and now I get notifications in the app itself and at the status.
The only thing that not works is the notification from TeslaUnread.

The Following User Says Thank You to soilentgreen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soilentgreen Ad-Free
14th February 2018, 10:04 AM |#9991  

More
Quote:

The only thing that not works is the notification from TeslaUnread.

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't use TeslaUnread but I've just installed it to test myself. I use Nova Launcher, so it will be easy to check.

What I've done:
1- Install TeslaUnread from Playstore
2- Customize the apps concerned in TeslaUnread app (so, XDA Labs and XDA Forum ticked)
3- Battery Optomization disabled in Android settings for TeslaUnread
4- Make sure TeslaUnread counter setting is enabled in XDA Labs general settings.

I will report soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)