FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.1+] GCA Launcher (Chromium os inspired launcher)

1,498 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,960

Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2019, 10:44 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

TBDH mate, I didn't expect half the apps I have to work with Q LOL
That's what I run now, and Essential... about to go back to Pie tho... (too many issues), so will check it out once I do that

Officially tested on Q today. Discovered a launcher breaking bug in the theme engine I use from Android Q not being compatible so hoping the library i use gets a fix soon or il do it myself. The launcher doesn't budge at all on Q at the moment.
29th May 2019, 03:07 AM |#42  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Users are experiencing a bug that throws off the position ID to the app list when an app has been installed or Uninstalled. This can be demonstrated by uninstalling or adding a package and than long pressing in an app in the drawer to create the popup window. Its color will probably be off and title will be wrong as a visual and system shortcuts probably will cause problems.

Im currently working on a fix.
Also looking at new gestures to be added soon with custom actions.
29th May 2019, 06:13 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

Users are experiencing a bug that throws off the position ID to the app list when an app has been installed or Uninstalled. This can be demonstrated by uninstalling or adding a package and than long pressing in an app in the drawer to create the popup window. Its color will probably be off and title will be wrong as a visual and system shortcuts probably will cause problems.

Im currently working on a fix.
Also looking at new gestures to be added soon with custom actions.

Fixed in update being published today
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
30th May 2019, 09:58 PM |#44  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Published an update today. Thisl be the last one till mid summer unless I find something that needs fixed in a hotfix update.

The new update includes some minor enhancments
-App popup menu will dismiss the notification when the menu is inflated and reappear when the menu has been dismissed unless the user dismisses the notification count.
-Minor launcher enhancments for all OS's
-Dock elevation increased
-More gesture testing in the background
-Widget placement fixes
-More AndroidX refactoring
-More Material Component integrations
31st May 2019, 03:27 AM |#45  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Google Play update build variant is acting up so i will try to have a hotfix in the morning (my time)
31st May 2019, 08:59 PM |#46  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Published a hotfix this morning fixing a launcher breaking bug in the app drawer.
5th June 2019, 10:00 PM |#47  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quick Preview of Symphlyx (Latest build)
Made a quick video today demonstrating symphlyx launcher if you haven't tried it out yet or nervous to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
26th July 2019, 07:10 PM |#48  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Just an update on the project. Currently working on what I would consider the official release update. I've used the beta feedback to build up on the next update so hopefully it pleases many on the next release.

A few upcoming changes
-The launcher will remain free but include a new pledge system for the year. These pledges will found what I would consider premium launcher feature request.
-The Shelf (dock) will be rebuilt to handle and manage several new views I've built so the drawer and dock are one view. This will in return show a smooth transition from the drawer to the dock. A slightly revamped ui that will allow the shelf and drawer to share a searchbar that changes its actions on the state of which the drawer is currently in. Apps will load faster, new features for managing your apps will be included and how the launcher handles the app data will be more proficient.
-The shelf will feature the ability to allow users to set their own favorites instead of mirroring recent apps. These recent apps will use different app shortcuts versus the drawer app shortcuts. This is to keep the menus and interface cleaner and more manageable.
-The launcher settings will remain simple but cleaner.
-Cyanea themeing will be improved to handle more views and options (tho Android Q currently isn't supported)
-Gestures will be customizeable and more accessible.
3rd August 2019, 07:04 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Update coming in August
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screener_1564812178330.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	4801079   Click image for larger version