FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.1+] GCA Launcher (Chromium os inspired launcher)

1,497 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,960

Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2019, 10:01 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Small update published today
-Fixes to the system ui theming
-Better shelf theme support (now with custom color support)
-String typo fix
-General fixes and cleanup
-Notification dismiss fixes
-All apps drawer Fab added to trigger search focus on large screen
-under the hood changes to incorporate new features soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 07:49 PM |#62  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Another small hotfix update today trying to fix unread badge counts and indicators. Currently working on a fix to sync all badge indicators to sync across the launcher (shelf, default tab and work tab)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
1st September 2019, 05:22 AM |#63  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Next update will focus on a few helpful things for users.

The telegram group is useful for bug reporting, feature request and news updates but those who don't have or participate in telegram miss out in announcements so I'll be working on a new ota message system that will store news updates in a new window. This will alert of any major changes and updates coming, bug breaking and bug tracking issues, general announcements and alerts.

A big request right now is gesture customization. Im still finalizing which gestures work properly in GCA but once everything is in the clear, il add gesture customization to your homescreen.

There are a few issues yet for the cyanea theme engine. Il be continuing to correct these issues over time.

I want to continue making badge unread counts more efficient so we may see some changes regarding badges.

I want to continue improving the experience for android 5 and 6 users but their are not many. If you do have a device with that android version, you can help out by reporting back any hick ups you may find like graphic issues or crashes.

Il be continuing to optimize the launcher for android go while looking at more features to improve the experience. The package size may be border line between too big and requirements but il watch that package size as i work.

General discussion is important so if you have anything to say whether its a request, feedback, a question, whatever the case may be, id love to hear from you. I will continue to post updates on the project as i work.
4th September 2019, 03:18 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Can the google feed be added to this Launcher, just curious? If no not an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Urbanrootz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Urbanrootz Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 04:46 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanrootz

Can the google feed be added to this Launcher, just curious? If no not an issue.

Ive asked about it. Never gotten a clear answer. The reality is that if it was added successfully, it would be the first time google feed would be implemented in a home brew launcher that wasn't based on pixel launcher. I might try to communicate with the lawnchair team and see if they can assist me in this. If not, il be sure to create some sort of alternative.
5th September 2019, 10:06 PM |#66  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New popup menu I'm working on for update 1.1 coming later this month with other launcher enhancements
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190905_162912_932.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	4815670   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190904_174838_843.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	4815671   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190903_222444_501.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	4815672  
7th September 2019, 05:14 AM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good Launcher
Im Impressed! Like it!
The Following User Says Thank You to ShieldPower For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShieldPower Ad-Free
7th September 2019, 01:19 PM |#68  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldPower

Im Impressed! Like it!

Thank you
8th September 2019, 08:21 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 1,127

More
Please forgive the stupid question, but how do I add the icons I want to the dock like phone, messages chrome, Gmail Go and camera?
I've got two Google photos icons, settings and two playstore icons in my dock right now and don't have a clue how to change it!

But apart from that, this works flawlessly on my Nokia 1 plus (TA 1111) with Android pie (Go edition)
The Following User Says Thank You to bubba1601 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubba1601 Ad-Free
8th September 2019, 11:13 PM |#70  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1601

Please forgive the stupid question, but how do I add the icons I want to the dock like phone, messages chrome, Gmail Go and camera?
I've got two Google photos icons, settings and two playstore icons in my dock right now and don't have a clue how to change it!

But apart from that, this works flawlessly on my Nokia 1 plus (TA 1111) with Android pie (Go edition)

So this is actually a good question because its asked all the time and im making this to be an easier process in the next update.

The Shelf apps behave differently than the Apps in the App Drawer. Their basically reflections so actions differ from their counter parts.

In the App Drawer, long click on an app and when the popup menu appears, slide over the shortcuts list (bottom action list) until you see the Favorites action. When the dialog appears, select a shelf favorite position (1-5), set a title (optional, for the popuo window) and set it.

I'm working to make the popup menu more user interactive in the next update. That's what is taking up much time atm. I didn't want the menu to behave like the pixel launcher where it stretches itself across the screen to fit options, i wanted it to be compact and interactive with the user. When you ask the question (how do I do this), that juat tells me i tackled that specific feature incorrectly.

Seeing an Android Go user excites me btw!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 12:25 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please add folder in all drawer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)