FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.1+] GCA Launcher (Chromium os inspired launcher)

1,501 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,964

Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2019, 12:25 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please add folder in all drawer
9th September 2019, 02:16 AM |#72  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleYou

Please add folder in all drawer

I most likely wont. I might look at different alternatives but not folders.
9th September 2019, 06:18 AM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 1,129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

So this is actually a good question because its asked all the time and im making this to be an easier process in the next update.

The Shelf apps behave differently than the Apps in the App Drawer. Their basically reflections so actions differ from their counter parts.

In the App Drawer, long click on an app and when the popup menu appears, slide over the shortcuts list (bottom action list) until you see the Favorites action. When the dialog appears, select a shelf favorite position (1-5), set a title (optional, for the popuo window) and set it.

I'm working to make the popup menu more user interactive in the next update. That's what is taking up much time atm. I didn't want the menu to behave like the pixel launcher where it stretches itself across the screen to fit options, i wanted it to be compact and interactive with the user. When you ask the question (how do I do this), that juat tells me i tackled that specific feature incorrectly.

Seeing an Android Go user excites me btw!

Many thanks.

Was easier than I thought, much happier now.

This by far the best third party launcher I've used on my Nokia android go device, no lag, slow downs or graphic glitches, working fast, fluid and very stable.

Many thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190909-061451.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	4817112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190909-061522.png
Views:	830
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	4817113  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubba1601 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubba1601 Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 03:44 PM |#74  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1601

Many thanks.

This by far the best third party launcher I've used on my Nokia android go device, no lag, slow downs or graphic glitches, working fast, fluid and very stable.

Many thanks.

Very good to hear, thank you for that! Make sure you leave some love on the google play store review!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 09:54 PM |#75  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Many thanks.

Many thanks.

The only down side to Android Go is no notification badge indicators as its not supported by Android Go or At A Glance widget by Google. The widget and notification access is limited but still enjoyable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 09:22 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 1,129

More
Quote:

The only down side to Android Go is no notification badge indicators as its not supported by Android Go or At A Glance widget by Google. The widget and notification access is limited but still enjoyable.

That's not an issue to me.

I never used notification dots / badges / unread counts on my previous Nokia 3 in launchers like Lawn chair V2 or Nova because Google changed how notifications worked and the dots / badges / counts got cleared when you swiped away a new notification!

I'm pretty sure no one needs a notification sound, a notification in their notification shade, a notification on their lockscreen AND a little dot on the app showing the notification.
Talk about overkill !

I'm very happy with how GCA works and I'm enjoying no graphical glitches and slowdown that I experience in nova or Lawnchair V2.

The one thing I do miss in android go is a swipe right Google feed.

If someone could enable Google Gos discover feed on a third party launcher I would be very happy and impressed!

Slightly off topic, but the Nokia one pluses performance is well on par with my previous Nokia 3 TA 1020 (2017) that came with nougat and updated to Oreo 8.0
It then had another update to Oreo 8.1 which gave it a huge drop off in performance, it was awful.
Unfortunately it got killed to death in a horrific accident with a large John Deere tractor before it got the android One rebrand and update to pie 9.0.
My Nokia 1 plus is a cheap replacement for that phone.

Nokia 3 TA 1020 £129.99 sim free from Carphone warehouse (UK)
Nokia 1 plus TA 1111 £69.99 sim free from Argos (UK)
The Following User Says Thank You to bubba1601 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubba1601 Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 10:07 PM |#77  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The one thing I do miss in android go is a swipe right Google feed.

If someone could enable Google Go discover feed on a third party launcher I would be very happy and impressed!

I talked to a few people and ive been told its possible todo but im currently clueless how to implement. If i cant, il look at an alternative solution.
11th September 2019, 03:12 PM |#78  
Flag Kolkata

More
Please make it available for android 4.4 if possible because i am using a nokia x with nova launcher and it taxes the CPU significantly. 🙏🙏🙏
11th September 2019, 05:32 PM |#79  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshak 1234

Please make it available for android 4.4 if possible because i am using a nokia x with nova launcher and it taxes the CPU significantly. 🙏🙏🙏

I will consider but its a very difficult task to maintain stability on older devices and see what the lowest sdk some of the libraries i use that support 4.4 as well.
11th September 2019, 06:05 PM |#80  
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:

I will consider but its a very difficult task to maintain stability on older devices and see what the lowest sdk some of the libraries i use that support 4.4 as well.

That would be very nice of you bro. Thankx in advance ✌
13th September 2019, 12:14 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Adding additional icon pack control as an upcoming feature in the next update.

Those of you who have taken the time to submit feedback, thank you very much. We should expect a new update by the end of the month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190912_150053_652.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4818831   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190912_150055_482.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	4818832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190912_150057_342.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	4818833  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)