FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.1+] GCA Launcher (Chromium os inspired launcher)

1,499 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,962

Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2019, 05:36 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It's been kinda quiet around here. I present a preview of the new popup menu we've been working on.

An update is expected to drop in June. Rebuilding alot of everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190506_140619_472.jpg
Views:	2522
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	4755241   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190506_140623_070.jpg
Views:	2496
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	4755242   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190506_140626_513.jpg
Views:	2486
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	4755243  
The Following User Says Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
12th May 2019, 07:10 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Let's talk about this new screenshot here giving some lite to Symphlyx Launcher's future.

Users will now have a dock. This dock will reflect recent app icons to the desktop from the drawer. These shortcuts have a popup menu similar to the drawer popup menu but limited to launcher actions. These do not have any sort of notification indicator.

Below the apps is a google searchbar. The searchbar also has 3 items. 2 predictive actions and am all apps button. The all apps button can be toggled while the predictive actions are only available to devices that support app shortcuts. Predictive actions behave very similar to Lawnchair 's logic behind predictive actions. When a user launches a shortcut class, its logged and saved to the prediction items. Only 2 at a time are logged.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190512-020006_Symphlyx.jpg
Views:	2312
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	4757429  
16th May 2019, 09:52 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Update Alpha 0.5 is now available on xda labs and pending on Google play.

Changes since march reveal
-Widget sliders are dead. The homescreen has been rebuilt to be cleaner, faster and better for gestures. Insteaf of Sliders, Symphkyx will rely on its stand alone heads up widget. Later on, users will be granted the ability to use their own widgets.
-Sensey gesture recognition has been removed due to click interferences we had during development. It has been replaced with our own gesture recognition system that will allow more control.
-The homescreen now offers a Shelf (dock) similar to Chromium. This shelf will later have some theme options available. Shelf will mirrow recwntly opened apps from the app drawer and add them in a 5 item dock. These shortcuts offer limited launcher actions and launcher shortcuts. Below these apps is a searchbar for google. It should open Google now depending on your os and firmware. On the end of the searchbar is an all apps button and a holder for recent actions. Recent actions can be enabled in the launcher settings and is only available to android 7.1+. Prediction actions will list 2 recenlty opened app shortcuts. These shortcuts will remain here untill a new app package is detected and/or replaced by the prediction system.
-The app drawer has had a few things done to it to improve performance and reliability. Colors are extracted in the data set instead of the adapter now and used for the popup menu and badge underlining. The drawer toolbar works the same way as before. Clicking on the google icons will open their respective activities but if something is in the searchbar, it will search that string in that environment. (ex: Google search news, Playstore search news)
-The popup menu still needs some tuning but now builds up on app shortcuts. If a shortcut is available, it will add it in a vertical list menu. This replaces the shortcut action we used to have to view shortcuts in a context menu. This menu is cleaner, faster and feels like a pixel popup. Actions are dependant of your os version and shortcuts are dependant on availability. Shortcuts and popups do not appear on recent apps in the app drawer.
-The settings menu has been cleaned up abit. This menu will only contain dynamic settings. (except icon packs) The menu now has an expansion activity. This menu will hold settings that rely on the launcher restarting or some system dependant.
-The about activity has been rebuilt with attribouter.
-The application is now built on AndroidX and Material Components. Very little 3rd party dependency is used now for a cleaner and reliable experience.
18th May 2019, 08:58 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Small update today. Tried correcting the positioning of popup menus on app item positions. We've noticed the popup menus would cut off on far right items and arrows not correctly inflating in the right sport or at all. I simply updated the popup library to correct these issues.

I might look into some sort of notification or alert count in the popup menu which would reset to 0 if cleared with the Clear Action.

A light n dark theme mode is being looked. This will be triggered by time or manually.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nx Biotic Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 11:37 PM |#16  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

Small update today. Tried correcting the positioning of popup menus on app item positions. We've noticed the popup menus would cut off on far right items and arrows not correctly inflating in the right sport or at all. I simply updated the popup library to correct these issues.

I might look into some sort of notification or alert count in the popup menu which would reset to 0 if cleared with the Clear Action.

A light n dark theme mode is being looked. This will be triggered by time or manually.

Could be promising. Wouldn't let me get through the permissions set-up before crashing.
19th May 2019, 01:55 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsr65

Could be promising. Wouldn't let me get through the permissions set-up before crashing.

What android version are you using?
19th May 2019, 03:10 AM |#18  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nx Biotic

What android version are you using?

8. 10
19th May 2019, 04:01 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsr65

8. 10

Interesting, il see what would of caused this to happen.
19th May 2019, 05:35 PM |#20  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Well I was searching for a new launcher and xda labs landed me here. Screenshots look dope, but for me launcher has bugs,
1: not able to set homescreen widget even when given all permissions
2: app drawer is cut maybe due to aspect ratio ( mine is 19.5:9)

Well if these screens help, here they are.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20190519_215203_com.gocalsd.symphlyx.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	4761810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190519_215136_com.gocalsd.symphlyx.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	4761811  
19th May 2019, 06:52 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Well I was searching for a new launcher and xda labs landed me here. Screenshots look dope, but for me launcher has bugs,
1: not able to set homescreen widget even when given all permissions
2: app drawer is cut maybe due to aspect ratio ( mine is 19.5:9)

Well if these screens help, here they are.

Right now, widgets are not accessible. It's more of me trying to find a suitable and reliable way of accessing them. The launcher is meant to be user friendly and simple and that's where I'm stuck at. Right now, the launcher has a single widget that kinda acts as a generic at a Glance I'm working on. In the future, users will be able to swap it out for a custom widget.

The settings drawer and the app drawer are not meant to pull up completely yet. About a quarter of your screen should still show a visible workspace at the top because of it being a touch to dismiss area. The bottom sheets need some modifications.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)