FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which do you value more?

Customizablity

1,370 Vote(s)
37.29%
Performance

2,304 Vote(s)
62.71%

Lawnchair - Customizable Pixel Launcher

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,527

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2019, 01:16 AM |#4391  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Per the changelog/description for the latest v2 release Lawnchair is now compatible with Homefeeder but I cannot find any way to enable it in Lawnchair or in Homefeeder settings. Please advise!! Thx!
3rd December 2019, 02:05 AM |#4392  
Flag Hollywood Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

Unlock your desktop

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704F using XDA Labs

Where is this setting exactly? This is my first time using Lawnchair
3rd December 2019, 03:14 AM |#4393  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarroyo

Where is this setting exactly? This is my first time using Lawnchair

In the launcher home settings.

Long press on any empty space on your home screen to bring up the home settings pop up.

Once in settings, type "desktop" in the search bar at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191203-101201.png
Views:	690
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	4892679  
3rd December 2019, 08:21 AM |#4394  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

Wat. QuickSwitch doesn't add support for launchers. If a launcher supports being the recents provider it'll be able to be set via QuickSwitch

Oh okay. Sorry I wasn't aware of that. So there's no way I can use the full Android 10 gestures with Lawnchair if my phone uses Quickstep and not QuickSwitch by default? Now or in the future? Just clarifying it for myself. Thanks again for your responses
3rd December 2019, 11:37 AM |#4395  
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the bad/clunky animation of Pixel decices running Android 10 December update?
3rd December 2019, 11:39 AM |#4396  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,474

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilKhandelwal

Oh okay. Sorry I wasn't aware of that. So there's no way I can use the full Android 10 gestures with Lawnchair if my phone uses Quickstep and not QuickSwitch by default? Now or in the future? Just clarifying it for myself. Thanks again for your responses

QuickSwitch isn't a launcher. It's a module which allows you to change which launcher is the recents provider. You can use the gestures if you're on the Android 10 December update but the third party support for them isn't great, QuickSwitch is always recommend for the best gesture experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberon

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the bad/clunky animation of Pixel decices running Android 10 December update?

You gotta use QuickSwitch if you want them to be smoother.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 11:43 AM |#4397  
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Looks like Google is trying to get people away from other launchers on purpose, what a mess...
3rd December 2019, 11:43 AM |#4398  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,474

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberon

Looks like Google is trying to get people away from other launchers on purpose, what a mess...

Idk, I assume the third party gesture support will be better come Android R.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
3rd December 2019, 11:58 AM |#4399  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

QuickSwitch isn't a launcher. It's a module which allows you to change which launcher is the recents provider. You can use the gestures if you're on the Android 10 December update but the third party support for them isn't great, QuickSwitch is always recommend for the best gesture experience.

I just searched Quickswitch here on XDA Labs to read about it and guess who the OP was 😅😅
Guess I should've done my homework before asking on this thread. Lesson learnt 😅
I don't know anything about rooting or flashing (I could be using these terms wrongly. That would explain why I was making little sense during this conversation). So I'll stay away from it for now. Just want to thank you and other developers here on XDA for your work. Really makes life easy for us. Also thanks for your patience. Good luck sir! 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to KapilKhandelwal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KapilKhandelwal Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 05:11 PM |#4400  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
sorry if has been asked already...
from the gesture menu--> home button i can't find "app search" as option since last two updates, has been removed or it's a bug?

thanks
3rd December 2019, 08:18 PM |#4401  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Will someone that has a Telegram account please put this HomeFeeder .apk file somewhere I can download it? t.me/homefeeder/17
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)