aim of this project is to provide a mature rom for android devices bundled with the free google apps implementation microG. For now i just take the latest LineageOS, apply some required patches, add microg and build it afterwards.
I started this project, because i became frustrated, when i wanted to get my phone google free, cause there where so many constraints to fullfil, before microG fully works. - And after an rom update, the half is broken again.
Required steps to make microg work after fresh install:
- Install a UnifiedNLP location- and address lookup backend. Search in F-Droid for 'nlp'. I recommend MozillaNlpBackend and NominatimNlpBackend.
- Grant signature spoofing permission to 'microG Services Core' and 'FakeStore': Settings -> Apps -> ⚙ (gear) --> App permissions -> Spoof package signature -> 3 dots (tripple colon) -> Show System
- Enable Google device registration, Enable Google Cloud Messaging, enable Google Safety Net (if not rooted)
- Open microG Settings -> Self-Check -> Tap everything is missing. It might ask you to do some settings.
Some free app substitutions i can recommend (F-Droid):
- Google Play Store -> YalpStore
- Google Contact Sync -> DAVdroid
- Facebook -> SlimSocial for Facebook
- Twitter -> SlimSocial for Twitter
- YouTube -> NewPipe
Homepage and Downloads:
What is microG?
microG.me , ROM for all devices (see above for details)
Simon94, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
Source Code: https://github.com/microg-kittchen/
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2017-11-06