Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETED DUE TO THE SUCCESSOR PROJECT
https://xdaforums.com/android/software/lineageos-microg-t3700997

Hello folks,

aim of this project is to provide a mature rom for android devices bundled with the free google apps implementation microG. For now i just take the latest LineageOS, apply some required patches, add microg and build it afterwards.

I started this project, because i became frustrated, when i wanted to get my phone google free, cause there where so many constraints to fullfil, before microG fully works. - And after an rom update, the half is broken again.

Required steps to make microg work after fresh install:
  • Install a UnifiedNLP location- and address lookup backend. Search in F-Droid for 'nlp'. I recommend MozillaNlpBackend and NominatimNlpBackend.
  • Grant signature spoofing permission to 'microG Services Core' and 'FakeStore': Settings -> Apps -> ⚙ (gear) --> App permissions -> Spoof package signature -> 3 dots (tripple colon) -> Show System
  • Enable Google device registration, Enable Google Cloud Messaging, enable Google Safety Net (if not rooted)
  • Open microG Settings -> Self-Check -> Tap everything is missing. It might ask you to do some settings.

Some free app substitutions i can recommend (F-Droid):
  • Google Play Store -> YalpStore
  • Google Contact Sync -> DAVdroid
  • Facebook -> SlimSocial for Facebook
  • Twitter -> SlimSocial for Twitter
  • YouTube -> NewPipe

Homepage and Downloads:
https://microg.me/

What is microG?
https://microg.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
microG.me , ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Simon94, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
Source Code: https://github.com/microg-kittchen/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-13
Last Updated 2017-11-06

Last edited:

ipredatorv

Jul 4, 2017
Awesome, I will surely try it in the next few days.

'Edit: In case of my Oneplus 5, which version would I download?

Last edited:

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
Nice!! I'm downloading it now for my Oneplus One, and I'll post back with my experience after installing it. This will be my first exposure to the microG concept, I've read a lot about it, but never wanted to jump through the hoops to set it up. Now you have made it possible to try out. Thanks much!!

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
I've just updated the OP to give new microg users first instructions, what is needed to configure in order to make everything work.

Thank you for taking the time to do that, I would have been at a loss as to what to do without those instructions. As I said, I'm a total noob where microG is concerned, but with your ROM, I certainly intend to find out what I've been missing! :good:

n76

Nov 29, 2014
California
Do you compile microG with the ROM (i.e. it is signed by you) or do you copy it into the ROM (i.e. signed the same as on the official download area?

Makes a difference for those who would like to upgrade microG via F-Droid.

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Lineage is self signed, while microg apks are taken as they're provided from microg project.

I'm willing to always add the latest prebuilts to my builds, therefore OTA updating should be enough for most users.

Reactions: seba3651

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
I finally got your rom up and running, and I must say I'm impressed! Magisk installed just fine. My custom modded Youtube app is working well. And using the Yalpstore I can access things on Play store just fine! I noticed that one or two apps that were licensed as Pro versions that I restored via Titanium Backup now complain that they want me to purchase a Pro license to give me full access to all features. I'm still digging into that issue.. All in all, this test on my OnePlus One is going just fine, so far...

OK, couple of questions, if you don't mind.. When you put out a daily build, or whenever I choose to update the rom, can I dirty flash safely? Second question is if dirty flash will work, can I safely assume that I don't have to do all the setup tasks you outlined in the OP to get microG up and running? It wasn't all that hard, but as a first timer, I'd say it wasn't the simplest task in the world. hah

I realize that doing a clean install will require me to set up microG again, but I'd rather avoid that if possible??

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Was it an in-app payment? I'm not sure, whether this is fully working with the current state of the implementation of google apis. In YalpStore you can logout the default shared account and login using your credentials to install your previously bought application.

Dirty flashing nightlys either via OTA updater app or manual should not be a problem. I was doing so for more than 2 years without any problem. At least as long as you stay within one major version. - F for updating to Oreo i'd strongly recommend to do a clean flash.

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
Was it an in-app payment? I'm not sure, whether this is fully working with the current state of the implementation of google apis. In YalpStore you can logout the default shared account and login using your credentials to install your previously bought application.

Dirty flashing nightlys either via OTA updater app or manual should not be a problem. I was doing so for more than 2 years without any problem. At least as long as you stay within one major version. - F for updating to Oreo i'd strongly recommend to do a clean flash.

I got the Pro issues solved. Logging in with my credentials did the trick, thanks!

That's good news re: dirty flashing, I like that! I doubt that I'll be going to Oreo anytime soon on the OnePlus One. There are a couple of 'test' roms out, but they are far, far away from being a daily driver. I do believe I'll be sticking with yours for the foreseeable future.

Again, I appreciate your hard work and effort spent in providing a rom that can get me un-tetherd from Google, for the most part.

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
Another question for you. How would I know if a nightly really needs to be flashed without a changelog to refer to? I know that doing a changelog every day is a big ask, but is there anywhere I could at least get an idea of any changes or updates made??

_Kosmas_

Oct 2, 2014
@Simon94 can you please add oneplus2 to the list?

Thanks!

Edit: forget it, just see you has already done :)

Last edited:

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Good to see kenzo in the list... Surely I'll give a try... Alao i would like to ask, that will microg break any stuffs of hangout nd google duo....?

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Good idea. Can you imagine to build for condor or wt88047 as well?
Initial build was successful. Just added both devices to the build roster.

Good to see kenzo in the list... Surely I'll give a try... Alao i would like to ask, that will microg break any stuffs of hangout nd google duo....?
Pretty sure it does. But you may better ask in the microg Thread:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616

Is it possible to cover the Moto E4 snapdragon variant?
Unfortunately not. There is no lineage for this device.

Reactions: kurtn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETED DUE TO THE SUCCESSOR PROJECT
    https://xdaforums.com/android/software/lineageos-microg-t3700997

Hello folks,

aim of this project is to provide a mature rom for android devices bundled with the free google apps implementation microG. For now i just take the latest LineageOS, apply some required patches, add microg and build it afterwards.

I started this project, because i became frustrated, when i wanted to get my phone google free, cause there where so many constraints to fullfil, before microG fully works. - And after an rom update, the half is broken again.

Required steps to make microg work after fresh install:
    • Install a UnifiedNLP location- and address lookup backend. Search in F-Droid for 'nlp'. I recommend MozillaNlpBackend and NominatimNlpBackend.
    • Grant signature spoofing permission to 'microG Services Core' and 'FakeStore': Settings -> Apps -> ⚙ (gear) --> App permissions -> Spoof package signature -> 3 dots (tripple colon) -> Show System
    • Enable Google device registration, Enable Google Cloud Messaging, enable Google Safety Net (if not rooted)
    • Open microG Settings -> Self-Check -> Tap everything is missing. It might ask you to do some settings.

Some free app substitutions i can recommend (F-Droid):
    • Google Play Store -> YalpStore
    • Google Contact Sync -> DAVdroid
    • Facebook -> SlimSocial for Facebook
    • Twitter -> SlimSocial for Twitter
    • YouTube -> NewPipe

Homepage and Downloads:
    https://microg.me/

What is microG?
    https://microg.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
    microG.me , ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/microg-kittchen/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-13
    Last Updated 2017-11-06
    All the requested devices will be built from tomorrow on. Furthermore this thread is obsolete, since we migrated to a new project.

--> https://xdaforums.com/android/software/lineageos-microg-t3700997
    Hi Simon, any news for the official MicroG Lineage ROM? Will related info be published here in this thread, or is there an own one? I'd love to test it when it gets available for the OP5!

The current rom as it is now will most likely become the offical microG rom. Todo is still to create a new webpage and most likely there will be a new thread on XDA. I'll keep you guys updated here!
    We are working on an official microg lineage based rom where you can upgrade to easily through to OTA Update mechanism, when its ready. You'll hear soon about this.
    There are some upcoming changes. From tonight on, the daily build process starts at 02 pm, CEST.

Furthermore i'm going to ship some apps to make intial setup easier:
    * F-Droid Privileged Extension
    * F-Droid
    * DroidGuard Helper (to enable passing SafetyNet)
    @Juhkimo: You can expect d855 builds from tomorrow.