FORUMS

[LWP][7.0+] Metropolis 3D City Live Wallpaper (similar to Google Pixel & Xiaomi LWP)

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

Post Reply Email Thread

Metropolis screenshots
Metropolis 3D City Live Wallpaper
Introduction
Metropolis is a live wallpaper that streams urban, drone-scanned 3D scenes onto your home screen. It currently has 100+ 3D locations in North America and Europe, including:
  • The Empire State Building
  • The Statue of Liberty
  • Paris Las Vegas
  • Bordeaux Cathedral
  • and more
All these scenes are fully 3D like the ones in Pixel Live Wallpaper from Google. If you like Pixel LWP or Super Wallpaper, then Metropolis would be a good alternative for you Here is a trailer for Metropolis:

Features
  • 100+ 3D locations (actually 147 now, a complete list can be found on getmetro.app/collection)
  • Camera animations, including phone unlock top-down animation and launcher page swipe rotate animation, as well as the scale and speed slider for animations
  • Camera parameters, including dolly zoom (adjustable field of view), brightness, vibrancy, and sharpness
  • (Pro only) Custom location in North America and Europe
  • (Pro only) Wallpaper brightness can follow dark mode
  • (Pro only) Blur after unlock to increase the readability of labels & icons

Download & Giveaway
Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...zht.metropolis
Or just search Metropolis on Google Play

I would like to share 50 Pro IAP codes on XDA, there is no requirement, just open the spreadsheet, redeem the code, and try all features.
However, if you can leave a comment specifying which code you used, or leave a feedback/rate on Google Play, it would be much appreciated. Link (Used: 50/50):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yP-vaj6Sg-UbNJk-4Tigk1UyPLOgAbk8CZ6E20gy8fk/edit?usp=sharing

Performance Concerns
Here is the catch: Metropolis is built with Unity. Yes, that Unity game engine.
Now, before you close this page immediately thinking that's crazy, please read my explanation on why using Unity (might get technical):
Currently, the only 3D city model data source that I, as an indie app dev, can get on the market is the Bing Maps Unity SDK. This Unity SDK shares the same upstream data source with Windows 10 Map app and the incoming Microsoft Flight Simulator (well that is just a speculation). That's the main reason I am using Unity to build Metropolis. (I know there is Google Earth but I cannot rip the model due to copyright issues)
I certainly understand your concerns that Unity might destroy your battery life and available memory, and Metropolis does have a relatively high memory usage in current stages. This is mainly due to the SDK's streaming approach. Unlike Pixel LWP or Super Wallpaper in which the data is already baked into a static scene, Metropolis streams city blocks tile by tile, which comes with additional memory cost and draw-calls.
However, the battery cost should be on par with most 3D live wallpapers, especially if you enable the 'adaptive framerate' option in the app. And I will continue optimizing the app with newer Bing Maps SDK that is more memory-friendly. After all, you can always download the app for free and try it yourself.
(BTW, a fun fact: Xiaomi's Super Wallpaper is also Unity inside)

Contact
If you have issues using Metropolis, please let me know using Google Play feedback or writing to [email protected]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justin Fincher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Justin Fincher Ad-Free
1st May 2020, 07:07 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Changelog
Reserved for changelog

1.0.0.4 (3062) REL is now in the beta channel

Added:
  • Super Wallpaper-like animations (unstable)
Fixed:
  • Bug fixes from upstream

Super Wallpaper-like animation demo gif:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Fincher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Justin Fincher Ad-Free
1st May 2020, 09:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks it looks good will try
The Following User Says Thank You to OceanJaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OceanJaya Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 08:53 AM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Claimed code 26, thanks !
10th May 2020, 09:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Claimed code 25. Thank you so much !
10th May 2020, 09:08 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Redeemed #37 - thanks!!
10th May 2020, 09:08 AM |#7  
Flag Arad, Romania
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Claimed code 35 - the app is awesome! I've been looking for 3D views like this with animations since forever! Great job. Looking forward to making that Super Earth View more stable!
10th May 2020, 09:12 AM |#8  
Flag Ottapalam
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Used Code 8, thanks
10th May 2020, 09:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Used code 7.
Thanks
10th May 2020, 09:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Redeemed FNYJ3RDR116MK61KEFJVH7M, thanks!
10th May 2020, 09:22 AM |#11  
Flag Rome, Italy
Thanks Meter: 7

More
All codes are gone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)