[2019-03-07 v6.1.0 & Android 7.1] MEmu - Most Powerful Android Emulator

601 posts
Thanks Meter: 365

Post Reply Email Thread
11th August 2017, 08:37 AM |#4631  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't install.
Can't post links. or even images. Can't even quote your reply cause it has links.
So I'll just type it.
Memu version is V3.1.2.5
downloaded the app, won't install. It says "This app won't run on your PC."

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM
Videocard: Nvidia GTX 1050-ti

11th August 2017, 09:05 AM |#4632  
Thanks Meter: 729

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ychenn

Memu version is V3.1.2.5

If you get this error, then probably the downloaded MEmu installer is corrupted.
Re-download it and try again.
11th August 2017, 09:15 AM |#4633  

More
Thank you.
Thank you, mah friend.
11th August 2017, 01:12 PM |#4634  
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

Both KBs got automatically installed on my Windows 10 64-bit lappy yesterday. NO ISSUES ENCOUNTERED. NO BSOD IF MEMU ( V3.1.2.5) - REGARDLESS WHICH ANDROID IMAGE USED - GETS LAUNCHED.

Thanks - I found my problem... Hyper-V, even after disabled, broke MEmu.
Ended up doing a system reset to get it back up and running.

Now I just need to figure out why high graphics usage will cause a brief lag until it catches up.
Didn't happen on the 6700k but it does on Ryzen. Same GPU in both cases.
Already tried tweaking the CPU/RAM settings and it's not putting the system under load.
11th August 2017, 02:44 PM |#4635  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ychenn

Can't post links. or even images. Can't even quote your reply cause it has links.
So I'll just type it.
Memu version is V3.1.2.5

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM
Videocard: Nvidia GTX 1050-ti

Did you go into the Bios & turn on virtualization?
Google is like magic!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Turn...utf-8&oe=utf-8
11th August 2017, 11:00 PM |#4636  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm using XDA app so I'm not sure how to search the thread for this.

I was wondering if this emulator (the 4.4 version) can be rooted and get xposed framework without a problem because I tried two other emulators and both went in a boot loop after framework installed.

I'm going to be using it on a Windows 7 32bit laptop (old, kind of low end core i3 with 4gb or RAM and Intel HD GPU)

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Free mobile app
12th August 2017, 03:26 AM |#4637  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
root don't work with lucky patcher & other root apps. fix it in the next version please .
12th August 2017, 05:06 AM |#4638  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aserar

I'm using XDA app so I'm not sure how to search the thread for this.

I was wondering if this emulator (the 4.4 version) can be rooted and get xposed framework without a problem because I tried two other emulators and both went in a boot loop after framework installed.

I'm going to be using it on a Windows 7 32bit laptop (old, kind of low end core i3 with 4gb or RAM and Intel HD GPU)

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Free mobile app

1. Any MEmu instance is rooted by default.
2. If you follow these instructions then installing XPosed Framework should go well.

Screenshot:

Hint: Before installing XPosed Framework udpdate BusyBox - the version that comes preinstalled is heavily outdated.
The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jwoegerbauer Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 08:55 AM |#4639  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon96

root don't work with lucky patcher & other root apps. fix it in the next version please .

IMHO your issue has really nothing to do with MEmu App Player itself, current thread is dedicated to.

Note: Root manager SuperUser (or whatever it's named) merely is an Android app - that has nothing to do with Android OS provided by MEmu App Player. Whereas SU binary is part of Android toolbox command-line utilites - the problem with toolbox is that it sucks.

If you face any issues with apps/games on a MEmu instance, suggest you to feel free to also report your issues here (Facebook Support Community of MEmu App Player) to ensure MEmu's official support team (or person?) and actually 16,400+ accepted/registered MEmu users will read it too and hopefully may help/advise you.
12th August 2017, 05:44 PM |#4640  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I am sorry if it is covered already. I want to cast the app from Memu to Chromecast. I am not able to do so as Memu has IP address which is different that my router IP. Even if I set it manually to on of the IP addresses from my router, it is not connecting to network. Was any one able to cast from apps from Memu to Chromecast?
12th August 2017, 05:57 PM |#4641  

More
d drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer

It's on you to set the drive that matches your needs within MEmu's installer before starting installation itself.

FYI:
A Memu instance with KitKat image needs at least 550,000 KB, a MEmu instance with Lollipop needs at least 714,000 KB diskspace available in order to get succussfully created. A VM's size rapidly grows to some Gigabytes if you you install heavy games ( 1.5 GB - 2.5 GB per game is not rare ).
You always can split a MEmu's installation onto 2 drives: drive One holds the MEmu App Player and drive Two holds the VMs. You achieve this using Windows command MKLINK.

i tried setting it to c drive at the beginning of the install (custom) however it still filled up the remaining space on my d recovery drive, there were files on both drives but i want it to be all on c drive

i would really prefer one i can boot from a usb drive but if i can just get it installed with nothing on my d recovery drive i would be happy

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microvirt

Yes, we used to have similar product that puts all MEmu files in the USB flash. But it is Chinese. If you are interested, you can download here
Notice: Decompression the file to the root directory of USB flash.

i can't get to that site as sophos states there is malware there, can you provide a usb version of the emulator, or even just tell me a way to install it but keep it off my d recovery drive? i tried putting the location on the c drive but it still filled up the remaining space on my d recovery drive???
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)