Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2019, 12:52 AM |#521  
Flag Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 568

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZEUS

Hi Ged I have the beta from the Play store. The latest version is full of bugs. That's what brought me here actually. I don't want to lose the play store beta if I uninstall it as the beta program is now full and you can't install it from the Play store anymore.

Is this the same app and just a newer unofficial version?

Hi again, DrZEUS...

I didn't know that the official QuickPic app was currently in Beta. However, if you uninstall it, you can always re-install it later, but you will, unfortunately, loose all of your app configuration settings

There are two ways you can do this...

Prior to uninstalling it, make a backup of your current official QuickPic APK with one of any number of APK backup utilities available on PlayStore. Some Android file managers, such as X-Plore File Manager or ES File Explorer also have the ability to backup currently installed apps/APKs to your devices internal storage for possible later reinstallation.

Or alternatively, you should be able to re-install it via this direct PlayStore link...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ensw.PicFolder

Uninstalling your official QuickPic app will NOT exit you from the Beta group. You have to explicitly leave the Beta group, and simply uninstalling the app does not do that.

You can always check your Beta testing status via this browser link whilst logged in with your Google credentials...
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ensw.PicFolder

------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

...Is this the same app and just a newer unofficial version?

It's a modified version of QuickPic that strips out all the dubious crap that Cheetah Mobile have slowly introduced over the years, and reverts it back to something like the original QuickPic of old

The reason why you're getting the 'app not installed' error message, is because you can not have two apps with the same package name installed at the same time, namely 'com.alensw.PicFolder', so you'll have to uninstall your official QuickPic app before you can install this modified version.

I hope this clarifies a few things for you.

Rgrds,
Ged.

EDIT~ Additional & Advisory. As @funkenwerner has alluded to above with his link, maybe the official QuickPic app just isn't worth it anymore! Cheetah Mobile have become notorious in recent years, with a dark cloud of suspicion hanging over them, regarding exactly how their apps behave and with dubious data collection practices rumoured to be occurring & potentially involving QuickPic. There are better and safer alternatives available, not least this 'modded' version by WSTxda. I would strongly advise you uninstall the official QuickPic and forget about it, and replace it with QP Gallery instead.
27th April 2019, 05:23 AM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GedBlake

Hi again, DrZEUS...

I didn't know that the official QuickPic app was currently in Beta. However, if you uninstall it, you can always re-install it later, but you will, unfortunately, loose all of your app configuration settings

There are two ways you can do this...

Prior to uninstalling it, make a backup of your current official QuickPic APK with one of any number of APK backup utilities available on PlayStore. Some Android file managers, such as X-Plore File Manager or ES File Explorer also have the ability to backup currently installed apps/APKs to your devices internal storage for possible later reinstallation.

Or alternatively, you should be able to re-install it via this direct PlayStore link...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ensw.PicFolder

Uninstalling your official QuickPic app will NOT exit you from the Beta group. You have to explicitly leave the Beta group, and simply uninstalling the app does not do that.

You can always check your Beta testing status via this browser link whilst logged in with your Google credentials...
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ensw.PicFolder

------------------------------------------------------------

It's a modified version of QuickPic that strips out all the dubious crap that Cheetah Mobile have slowly introduced over the years, and reverts it back to something like the original QuickPic of old

The reason why you're getting the 'app not installed' error message, is because you can not have two apps with the same package name installed at the same time, namely 'com.alensw.PicFolder', so you'll have to uninstall your official QuickPic app before you can install this modified version.

I hope this clarifies a few things for you.

Rgrds,
Ged.

EDIT~ Additional & Advisory. As @funkenwerner has alluded to above with his link, maybe the official QuickPic app just isn't worth it anymore! Cheetah Mobile have become notorious in recent years, with a dark cloud of suspicion hanging over them, regarding exactly how their apps behave and with dubious data collection practices rumoured to be occurring & potentially involving QuickPic. There are better and safer alternatives available, not least this 'modded' version by WSTxda. I would strongly advise you uninstall the official QuickPic and forget about it, and replace it with QP Gallery instead.

Thanks for taking the time to explain things and answer my questions. I have uninstalled the cheetah mobile version and installed this modded one. It's already much better anyway!
The Following User Says Thank You to DrZEUS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrZEUS Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 06:02 AM |#523  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to explain things and answer my questions. I have uninstalled the cheetah mobile version and installed this modded one. It's already much better anyway!

You're most welcome, DrZEUS. Always happy to help. I don't know how he's done it, but WSTxda has certainly done a terrific job in returning QuickPic back to its former glory, reborn as QP Gallery, and also with some nice new artwork! Thank you, WSTxda for your endeavours, they're very much appreciated

Rgrds,
Ged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	http___i.imgur.com_bYz7Wj0.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	4749535  
The Following User Says Thank You to GedBlake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GedBlake Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 07:43 AM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 1,110

More
This is a modded version of QuickPic. Based on an older release. Writen in OP.
27th April 2019, 08:15 AM |#525  
Flag Feni
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Can't download the APK. No matter what it just doesn't download.
27th April 2019, 09:15 AM |#526  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawon11

Can't download the APK. No matter what it just doesn't download.

Hi, shawon11...

That's strange; I've just successfully test downloaded v7.5 from both the Mega and the Google Drive links available on the very first post in this forum. Could be just a temporary peculiarity and I suggest you give it another shot

Rgrds,
Ged.
27th April 2019, 09:33 AM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I notice QP Gallery is asking (my android firewall) to contact series of IPs: 203.119.128.xxx which are:
Code:
inetnum:        203.119.128.0 - 203.119.255.255
netname:        ALIBABA-CN-NET
descr:          Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd.
descr:          No.699, Wangshang RD., Hangzhou, China

I think we might have privacy problem over here with QP gallery, or this is a feature?
The Following User Says Thank You to friendfriend For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friendfriend Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 11:34 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSTxda

NOTICE

Well, as some may know QuickPic has received an update in the Play Store (5.0.0) along with a notice that the CM Cloud service will be deactivated day June 15 this update is with several bugs according to feedback from the Play Store. So I have nothing left but to wait for this date to arrive so I can continue the updates. Thank you for understanding!

Why you have to wait until that date?

Tapatalked with A8 2018
27th April 2019, 01:20 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendfriend

I notice QP Gallery is asking (my android firewall) to contact series of IPs: 203.119.128.xxx which are:

Code:
inetnum:        203.119.128.0 - 203.119.255.255
netname:        ALIBABA-CN-NET
descr:          Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd.
descr:          No.699, Wangshang RD., Hangzhou, China

I think we might have privacy problem over here with QP gallery, or this is a feature?

Good morning,
¿What version has this problem?,
¿7.5?, ¿6.5 Stable?, ¿other?.

Regards

Enviado desde mi unknown mediante Tapatalk
27th April 2019, 01:36 PM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Thanx for interesting.

I have installed version from first post, it says 7.5 in app options.

Firewall I am using is classic NoRoot firewall: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewall&hl=en_US

Every time app is started, it tries to contact Alibaba servers. We should do something about it., thanx.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friendfriend For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friendfriend Ad-Free
27th April 2019, 01:47 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendfriend

Thanx for interesting.

I have installed version from first post, it says 7.5 in app options.

Firewall I am using is classic NoRoot firewall: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewall&hl=en_US

Every time app is started, it tries to contact Alibaba servers. We should do something about it., thanx.

Good morning,
Thanks for your answer.

Can you test if the same thing happens with the "6.5 stable" version?.
In theory it should not happen.

You can download it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=79376078

Regards

Enviado desde mi unknown mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)