Thanks Meter: 1,050

More
Thanks for making this mod.
8th November 2019, 10:40 AM |#962  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss

I missed the webp. That is probably only available in quickpic updated to 5.0, these are built off of 4.5.2 I believe

Thebear's 1+7T

But the truth is that I can see webp pics two months ago.
8th November 2019, 12:09 PM |#963  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,939

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1960

But the truth is that I can see webp pics two months ago.

Find the version you can see them with...

Thebear's 1+7T
8th November 2019, 04:40 PM |#964  
Flag Alcoa, TN
Thanks Meter: 133

Donate to Me
More
Love the app!!........but in the OP it says: "cm cloud removed" yet in settings it appears that cloud backup is happening without an option to turn it off....is this correct?? Can we get a choice for cloud backup or not?? Thanks
8th November 2019, 08:07 PM |#965  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unable to sync GDrive
Hey mate. thanks for the mod. Just noticed that Im unable to add gdrive. Throws unknown error.

Im on Android 10
8th November 2019, 08:14 PM |#966  
Flag Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 572

Donate to Me
More
Regarding WebP image file types & WSTxda's Gallery app...

I've also had some instances in the past where .webp images have not displayed in Gallery. I often download images as potential wallpapers/backgrounds for my phone and occasionally for my tablet. I have a rather substantial collection of such wallpapers.

I know when I've downloaded an image 'cos I receive an audible notification upon a successful download (of anything), so I know it's there in the /download folder on my device... It's just not displaying in Gallery for some reason.

In those instances, I just go into my preferred Android file manager, and simply rename the image files extension from .webp to .png or .jpg and then the image appears in Gallery. Which I suppose, is not exactly an ideal solution.

Anyhow, although I've had this problem myself ~ of occasional .webp images not appearing in Gallery ~ it's not something I've previously given much thought to, 'cos I generally don't encounter all that many .webp image files, but since this topic has come up here, I've just done a bit of research on the subject of .webp image files.

And it turns out that it's an image file format created by Google back in 2010, as explained on Wikipedia...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebP?wprov=sfla1

...with more info here, on Googles own developer website...
https://developers.google.com/speed/webp

-----------------------------------

Anyway, I've just been scouring the web for example .webp image files to see if they work with the latest version of Gallery v7.7.7, and they're actually quite difficult to find. They're pretty scarce.

I eventually did find some examples here...
https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/gallery1

And these examples DO display in Gallery v7.7.7, as can be seen in my screenshot below.

Having said that though, I know that some .webp image files I've downloaded in the past simply won't display in Gallery, until the extension has been renamed as described above.

I have absolutely no idea why that should be!

-----------------------------------

I don't profess to be an image file expert, and the vast plethora of different image file types/formats seems to be very confusing at times!

Anyhow, just my thoughts, experiences and reflections on this topic. Hope they maybe of some use/help to somebody.

Rgrds,
Ged.

(Example WebP images below, from Google, displayed in Gallery v7.7.7, list view)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-174246.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	4870195  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GedBlake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GedBlake Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 03:42 AM |#967  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,939

More
@GedBlake - I also rename all my images to png as I usually edit them and use a lot of transparencies that work best with png format. Good info, thanks

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Thebear Blue XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 08:15 PM |#968  
Thanks Meter: 552

More
It seems some webp images display in Gallery, some don't. I also have a few that I've downloaded with a .webp.jpg extension.
12th November 2019, 09:11 AM |#969  
OP Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 933

Donate to Me
More
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-051012.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	4873819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-051101.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	4873821  
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to WSTxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WSTxda Ad-Free
12th November 2019, 09:14 AM |#970  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4,291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSTxda

That looks GREAT!
14th November 2019, 02:29 PM |#971  
Thanks Meter: 1,050

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSTxda