FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

AM3D Zirene® Sound [Unity]

3,086 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,836

By ahrion, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 11th June 2016, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

This is the AM3D Zirene Sound ported from a Sharp ROM. This should work on all devices (starting from Android 4.3) since it is a software effect. It might conflict with other effects you've already installed. However, it has been extensively tested working alongside ViPER4Android, Maxxaudio, and Dolby Atmos on several ROM/device combinations. Flash the zip, it will edit and patch (not overwrite) your audio_effects.conf. If youre using massive placebo audio mods and this doesnt work, refrain from telling me it doesn't work on <insertplaceofmodnamehere/>.

These installers utilize my Unified installer that can install on Magisk OR System if Magisk is not detected (with Pixel support).

WARNING: If you would like to use my files for your ROM or MOD please contact me to obtain permission before doing so.

Troubleshooting:

This is actually the first rule of xda forums: SEARCH THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING - There's just too many of the exact same thing being repeated. You'll save everyone (including yourself) a lot of time by doing this

LOGS, LOGS, LOGS!!!!
  • If you make a post stating a problem without any logs, we can't help you and will likely just ignore it (we're not wizards)
  • Get a full logcat. If using adb, use
    Code:
    adb logcat -d > log.txt
  • If using magisk, get the magisk log from magisk manager
  • Get a TWRP recovery log immediately after flashing: Boot into twrp, install mod, navigate to Advanced -> Copy log, recovery.log will be on root of sdcard

Most Common Issues:
  • App not showing up in app drawer?
    • This is typically a magisk only issue and means that it isn't getting mounted by magisk.
    • Root cause could be lots of things. Good place to check is the magisk log. See what the last thing run was -> it's likely the culprit. Typical order of loading is: post-fs-data scripts run, system.props are loaded, mods are mounted, service.sh scripts are run
    • Typical causes of this are post-fs-data scripts and/or other magisk mods such as ART optimization mod. If you modify ART to more of a speed setting, this kind of issue is more likely to occur (this isn't an issue with the ART mod, it's just the nature of ART itself - more speed = less accuracy)
  • Crashing app?
    • This is typically caused by one of four things: another audio mod is installed (magisk only issue), magisk mounting issues, installer patching error (these have been pretty much worked out so unlikely), sepolicy issues
    • Remove any other audio mods or install Audio Modification Library, check magisk log to ensure everything mounted, recovery log will reveal most install errors (also, check system and vendor audio_effects.cfg and ensure v4a entries are there with the right paths to libs set)
    • Sepolicy is more complicated. Read through section 5.5 here for a quick background on it. Bascially, you need to take a full logcat, and search through it for any audit statements that may be related to audio and/or this app and make an allow statement in the service script of the mod. Just make a post with that info and once confirmed, we'll add it the next version of the mod
  • No sound processing or no sound processing on some apps like youtube or other streaming apps?
    • Remove any stock audio apps (like AudioFX), disable any eqs in music players
    • Open you vendor audio_effects.conf file and make note of anything under output_session_processing -> music -> then go under the effects section and comment out each effect section you have listed (music_helper is already done by aml)
    • Try universal deep_buffer remover
  • White Screen When Opening App?
    • AM3D is a very old app and it requires some framework patches to work that only older roms and the occassional newer custom roms have. So if you have this problem, it means your rom isn't compatible with this mod

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
AM3D Zirene&reg; Sound, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
ahrion, Zackptg5
Source Code: https://github.com/therealahrion/AM3D-Zirene-Sound

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.6
Stable Release Date: 2018-05-07

Created 2016-06-11
Last Updated 2018-05-07
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th June 2016, 03:48 PM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer

More
Reserved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2016, 04:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
wiil it make any conflict with Dolby Atmos...?
11th June 2016, 04:41 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKRAMTMR

No. Bro. It's in OP.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2016, 04:44 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dobra
Thanks Meter: 1,562

More
Quote:

It states in the OP clearly that it has been tested and works alongside Dolby Atmos and other popular sound mods.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhoban For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rhoban Ad-Free
11th June 2016, 05:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Now i flashed AM3D Zirene on my Honor Holly (Running OctOs Lollipop 5.1.1) and its Working Fantastic along with Dolby Atmos & Viper.
Amazing Quality of Sound.
Thank you very much bro.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VIKRAMTMR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VIKRAMTMR Ad-Free
11th June 2016, 11:22 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Now i flashed AM3D Zirene on my Honor Holly (Running OctOs Lollipop 5.1.1) and its Working Fantastic along with Dolby Atmos & Viper.
Amazing Quality of Sound.
Thank you very much bro.

Try the JBL Headphone profile on BT/Headphones and you will be amazed with the bass.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2016, 03:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Sorry, doesn't work for my HTC M7 stock Android 5.02 😟
12th June 2016, 04:01 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLowe

Sorry, doesn't work for my HTC M7 stock Android 5.02 😟

OK. Are you using other sound mods or apps? I've tested on M7.

Logs?
12th June 2016, 05:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hey Ahrion, thank you for the quick reply. I am using actual Viper4AndroidFx 2.4.0.1
Flashed your zip in TWRP without warnings and cleared cache, rebooted but didn't find the app. Installed it manually but couldn't get it to work. Attached a logcat.
Attached Files
File Type: log logcat.log - [Click for QR Code] (497.7 KB, 288 views)
12th June 2016, 05:23 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLowe

Hey Ahrion, thank you for the quick reply. I am using actual Viper4AndroidFx 2.4.0.1
Flashed your zip in TWRP without warnings and cleared cache, rebooted but didn't find the app. Installed it manually but couldn't get it to work. Attached a logcat.

Which version of Android are you running
The Following User Says Thank You to ahrion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
am3d, audio, mod, sound, zirene

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)