FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus Launcher (Unreleased)

3,693 posts
Thanks Meter: 54,563

Thread Closed Email Thread
Since someone i trusted took a zip i made(dont know who) and uploaded it to the public figure i might as well post the original zip.
credits for the leak cant be given due to nda's, jobs, etc. just be grateful

apks need to be installed to system for google now page to work as well as wallpaper picker best bet is to just flash the zip as it is. or place the apks in the correct locations with correct permissions

Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905722237

Screenshots: https://plus.google.com/+NathanBenis/posts/GyGSDJyd9bs
Attached Files
File Type: zip Leaked_NexusLauncher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.44 MB, 63852 views)
The Following 184 Users Say Thank You to BeansTown106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd August 2016, 09:35 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag BeanTown USA
Thanks Meter: 54,563

Donate to Me
More
@nathanchance
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BeansTown106 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2016, 11:36 PM |#4  
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 24

More
So without root this can't work properly I take it?
2nd August 2016, 11:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Force closes for me, tried installing both as a normal APK and pushing to /system/priv-apps/NexusLauncherPrebuilt and setting permissions. (Galaxy S4 TouchWiz 5.0.1 Rooted, Xposed)

Any suggestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to doubleaykay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doubleaykay Ad-Free
2nd August 2016, 11:52 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 34,794

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsky05

Link is down

Attachment added since AFH is down for maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberNexus

So without root this can't work properly I take it?

You just need a way to flash it or push it to /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt. You don't need to be rooted to actually use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleaykay

Force closes for me, tried installing both as a normal APK and pushing to /system/priv-apps/NexusLauncherPrebuilt and setting permissions. (Galaxy S4 TouchWiz 5.0.1 Rooted, Xposed)

Any suggestions?

The path should be /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt (don't know if that was just a typo here) but so far it has only been tested on Marshmallow and Nougat, it may just be incompatible with Lollipop. You may try flashing it if you have the ability to do so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nathanchance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2016, 12:01 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanchance

Attachment added since AFH is down for maintenance.

You just need a way to flash it or push it to /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt. You don't need to be rooted to actually use it.

The path should be /system/priv-app/NexusLauncherPrebuilt (don't know if that was just a typo here) but so far it has only been tested on Marshmallow and Nougat, it may just be incompatible with Lollipop. You may try flashing it if you have the ability to do so.

I checked the path, it is correct. I also tried flashing it with the same results. I know that the apk is lollipop-compatible as it does not throw a package parse error at install. Something else must be causing it to crash...

I was on the Google app beta stream, so I even tried opting out of that and installing the release version, that did not work either... so it's not an issue with the Google app.
3rd August 2016, 12:13 AM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 733

More
Just installed on my LG G2 d800 and it running great! Looks amazing, sick wallpapers and pretty smooth. Awesome work!
3rd August 2016, 12:31 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer_456

Just installed on my LG G2 d800 and it running great! Looks amazing, sick wallpapers and pretty smooth. Awesome work!

What version of Android are you running? And is it AOSP based or stock based?
The Following User Says Thank You to doubleaykay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doubleaykay Ad-Free
3rd August 2016, 12:32 AM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 733

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleaykay

What version of Android are you running? And is it AOSP based or stock based?

Running unofficial AOSPA Marshmallow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer_456 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pacer_456 Ad-Free
3rd August 2016, 12:37 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer_456

Running unofficial AOSPA Marshmallow.

I thought so... it seems like the launcher will install on Lollipop but force closes.
@BeansTown106 do you know if this is an older version of the APK or if it is close to release or even the release version? Something tells me they haven't ported things back to Lollipop yet...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread