FORUMS

[OFFICIAL XDA] Navigation Gestures - Get iPhone X/OnePlus style gesture control

942 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,028

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from MishaalRahman: Navigation Gestures updated to 1.3.0!
1st June 2018, 09:09 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1VIPER

Ok, I seem to have fixed the issue I was having, that I showed in the video. The way I did it was:

- Uninstall whatever version you're currently running. Making sure to uncheck everything so the navigation bar comes back.

- Install V1.0.2 and follow the adb setup process.

- Set up as usual, and make sure the bugs/glitches aren't there in this version.

- Install the latest V1.1.6.

- Now this is the important bit.... DON'T check "Hide Navigation Bar", or "Hide Original NavBar In Landscape" as it should already be hidden from when you set up V1.0.2.

- That's it. If you followed all these steps, it should now be working just. You get the stability of V1.0.2, but with the features of the latest V1.1.6.

This was tested on my Mate 10 Pro. So it might be different for other phones, but it should work for most Huawei devices I think.

You're a genius mate! Everything working and responding buttery smooth with this method. I think the 1.1.5 update caused some troubles for most people then. Because upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.1.6 seems to work great (Galaxy s8). Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by borijess

Are u installing the latest from the playstore?

I did update from playstore going from 1.0.2 --> 1.1.6 and that worked perfectly fine.

So people who have issues, try this method and hopefully your problem will be resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bengaal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bengaal Ad-Free
1st June 2018, 10:45 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licaon_Kter

Basically it's ok: pill ON, navbar HIDDEN, then you: turn screen off, turn screen ON (see that the lock screen is no longer under the screen, from the overscan I guess), enter pass or touch fingeprint... pill ON, navbar SHOWN

I`ll respond to my self. ( Mate9/Oreo)

Thanks to @Darshan Dave for the newer APK ( 1.1.6-18_05_31_2150_05 ) the new switch to "Hide navigation bar" does work, but takes away from the whole experience, every time I open the device the navbar is ON and in a second it disappears shifting the launcher icons around.

Sorry but, I'd rather have the shifted lockscreen ( as 1.0.2 had) and not have this in place.

/PS: Really, Telegram? XDA is sooo small and you don't get instant feedback I guess...
2nd June 2018, 07:07 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Installed the beta and it's butter smooth. Very improved. Pill is more responsive, it hasn't disappeared on me yet and I love the new customisations. Thank you so much for this. It's great work.
2nd June 2018, 09:30 AM |#1004  
Flag Kollam
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatspirit

2150_05 one?

This version seems okay compared to the play store version, although it has that lockscreen bug.
2nd June 2018, 10:40 AM |#1005  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 305

More
just want to report a new bug. I'm using samsung galaxy s9 plus SM-G965F whenever i use Android Auto the navigation gesture app turned itself off automatically, the i have to start it manually by going in the app
2nd June 2018, 04:45 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licaon_Kter

the newer APK ( 1.1.6-18_05_31_2150_05 )

Used it a bit more, even if I ignore the screen on flicker, there's another issue, the hitbox (even if I select a larger one in settings) still is worse than 1.0.2, I've been rubbing my screen to no avail most of the time but the pill won't budge unless I hit exactly "the right way"

I'll test again whatever new beta is out. (and some good souls takes pity on us by posting the APK here). Until then, 1.0.2 works great, so I'm back at it.
2nd June 2018, 06:14 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I like this app but there are some issues or improvements in my opinion:
1. I wish there is a way to turn off the screen with a gesture or trigger any shortcut of the phone
2. I don't know if it's only at my phone but the pill hide it itself and I don't know why. it's an bit annoying.
And 3. The pill in collaboration with the keyboard works not perfect. What I mean is that if the pill is over the keyboard there is most of the time the input line but if it's not then it's conceals the space bar.. but I don't no any position where it should be in this situation...
Maybe someone understand me and can help me..
The Following User Says Thank You to Anton3006 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anton3006 Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 06:25 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton3006

I don't know if it's only at my phone but the pill hide it itself and I don't know why. it's an bit annoying.

To stop the pill hiding itself you need to turn off "Hide In Fullscreen Apps".
The Following User Says Thank You to No1VIPER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift No1VIPER Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 08:53 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton3006

I like this app but there are some issues or improvements in my opinion:
1. I wish there is a way to turn off the screen with a gesture or trigger any shortcut of the phone
2. I don't know if it's only at my phone but the pill hide it itself and I don't know why. it's an bit annoying.
And 3. The pill in collaboration with the keyboard works not perfect. What I mean is that if the pill is over the keyboard there is most of the time the input line but if it's not then it's conceals the space bar.. but I don't no any position where it should be in this situation...

Try touchpal or swiftkey keyboard the allow you to create more space below the keyboard. Therefore no more errors or pressing keyboard or spacebar
2nd June 2018, 09:55 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
The beta that was posted here seems stable and is very fluid. I installed 1.02 first then updated via play store to 1.16 and am now at 1.16-18. You guys might want to give it a try.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tclocki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tclocki Ad-Free
2nd June 2018, 10:11 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
It often turns off while using full screen app like Android auto or YouTube videos.
Today it hanged in a way that starting it over brought pile back but it didn't work, the vibration was present but functions were not available like swipe to go back. it worked only after I revoked accessibility permission and gave it back. Now it's seems ok.
Ohh I have also the premium add-on installed and latest version from play store.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)