FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL XDA]One Handed Mode: Use your phone with one hand!

641 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,396

By MishaalRahman, Editor in Chief on 27th October 2017, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from MishaalRahman: One Handed Mode Brings Apple's Reachability to any Android Phone
28th October 2017, 01:33 PM |#11  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Make it clear please, that the app won't function at all without paying for it!

28th October 2017, 02:16 PM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasroca

It does work, you can activate the one handed mode from inside the app and then continue what you're doing inside other apps. But I agree the toggle should be available in the free version...
The resizing could be still paid imo
28th October 2017, 02:43 PM |#13  
OP Editor in Chief

More
Quote:

You can use the button at the bottom of the main page to enable one handed mode. Then go to your favorite apps and see how they look. The only part that is paid is the floating bubble that lets you easily toggle one Handed Mode
The Following User Says Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
28th October 2017, 05:47 PM |#14  
OP Editor in Chief

More
Next update will add an intent that can be called at com.xda.onehandedmode.action.TOGGLE_OHM and a launcher shortcut.

We will also work with the developer of the Custom Navigation Bar app so you can toggle One Handed Mode using a nav bar key.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
28th October 2017, 06:42 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1,182

More
App could be "worth it" just to adjust dpi. I used Xposed, AppSettings to do this on an app by app basis. Life-savor on my old small phone. The Xposed module did not slow down the screen refresh but did require root, of course.
28th October 2017, 06:49 PM |#16  
OP Editor in Chief

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi

App could be "worth it" just to adjust dpi. I used Xposed, AppSettings to do this on an app by app basis. Life-savor on my old small phone. The Xposed module did not slow down the screen refresh but did require root, of course.

That's outside of the scope of this app and doesn't make sense to add to this app, but that doesn't mean it can't be done in another app
28th October 2017, 09:13 PM |#17  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

You can use the button at the bottom of the main page to enable one handed mode. Then go to your favorite apps and see how they look. The only part that is paid is the floating bubble that lets you easily toggle one Handed Mode

There's something preventing it from working on oreo with Magisk 14.3 then. I've gave it root access but the settings won't even let me turn the "start at boot" toggle

No other mods.. Apart from root I keep it as stock as possible
28th October 2017, 09:14 PM |#18  
Flag Narayanganj
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Lets put first things first.
Thanks for the promo code.

We need a Help and Feedback section inside the app. Help may lead to XDA and feedback may send a direct email to you with/without attachment and logs. A debug switch should also be there so that a debug log can be added.

Now, 1 major problem. The background colour of the remaining area should NOT be changed by app accent. Instead, it should be selectable or fixed to pure black preferably. This wil make the app look more natural.

Also, if you can hook into some advanced features if Root is available. Your app should have two modes. Either Root or Rootless. This will make the things more efficient.

As you promised a toggle intent, that's welcome as it's more convenient to use by event using tasker or automation tools that can call to an intent.
The Following User Says Thank You to izephyr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift izephyr Ad-Free
28th October 2017, 10:06 PM |#19  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,776

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There's something preventing it from working on oreo with Magisk 14.3 then. I've gave it root access but the settings won't even let me turn the "start at boot" toggle

No other mods.. Apart from root I keep it as stock as possible

"Start at boot" is for the overlay service. All of the settings being disabled is a bug that will be fixed in the next version. If you purchase, you can access them, but if you don't want to do that, the update should be out tomorrow.
28th October 2017, 10:08 PM |#20  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,776

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by izephyr

Lets put first things first.
Thanks for the promo code.

We need a Help and Feedback section inside the app. Help may lead to XDA and feedback may send a direct email to you with/without attachment and logs. A debug switch should also be there so that a debug log can be added.

Now, 1 major problem. The background colour of the remaining area should NOT be changed by app accent. Instead, it should be selectable or fixed to pure black preferably. This wil make the app look more natural.

Also, if you can hook into some advanced features if Root is available. Your app should have two modes. Either Root or Rootless. This will make the things more efficient.

As you promised a toggle intent, that's welcome as it's more convenient to use by event using tasker or automation tools that can call to an intent.

The blackout overlay is fixed in the upcoming version.

What other features are there with root? We can't use it to fix the offset issue in some apps or anything like that.

The next version will have the intent, a shortcut icon, and a QS tile. @paphonb is also working to integrate OHM into Custom Navigation Bar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)