FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL XDA]One Handed Mode: Use your phone with one hand!

641 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,394

By MishaalRahman, Editor in Chief on 27th October 2017, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from MishaalRahman: One Handed Mode Brings Apple's Reachability to any Android Phone
28th October 2017, 11:42 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
doesn't work great with Instragram and Inbox

29th October 2017, 01:33 AM |#22  
Flag Seongju
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I've been waiting like this mod, cause do not want to stay LineageOS-like roms. Mine on PA 7.3.0, Leeco Lepro3, and it works good.
BTW, have you any plan to add an option to turn OHM on with other method like app shortcut? I use another HALO app, so don't want this intercorrupt previous useage.
THX for this app.
29th October 2017, 01:56 AM |#23  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I installed the app through play store and now it's showing my device isn't compatible
any idea ??
29th October 2017, 03:25 AM |#24  
OP Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,394

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAample

I've been waiting like this mod, cause do not want to stay LineageOS-like roms. Mine on PA 7.3.0, Leeco Lepro3, and it works good.
BTW, have you any plan to add an option to turn OHM on with other method like app shortcut? I use another HALO app, so don't want this intercorrupt previous useage.
THX for this app.

In the next update, we will add a QS tile, launcher shortcut, and an intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md Shahab

I installed the app through play store and now it's showing my device isn't compatible
any idea ??

Are you using a Xiaomi device? We temporarily restricted access because of issues with MIUI. If you want to try it regardless you can download it via XDA Labs or APKMirror. See the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
29th October 2017, 03:35 AM |#25  
Flag Narayanganj
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I will be waiting for the next update.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

btw. Samsung devices like s7 edge have a native one hand mode. it'd be nice if that could be modded by your app to resize, re-position and dpi adjust. You may look into this. Then it will solve issues with apps at least on Samsung devices.
29th October 2017, 04:36 AM |#26  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

In the next update, we will add a QS tile, launcher shortcut, and an intent.

Are you using a Xiaomi device? We temporarily restricted access because of issues with MIUI. If you want to try it regardless you can download it via XDA Labs or APKMirror. See the OP.

am using Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SD but am not on miui
am currently on NitrogenOS Oreo
and when am applying the promo code play store is telling me to update the app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171029-090511.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	4317111  
29th October 2017, 06:25 AM |#27  
Flag Udine
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I have updated to the latest....the issue of aome app not using completely the reduced space is still present.
Also if I press home button the app somehow got unloaded and phone display goes back to full screen ( I mean normal full screen without the app)

Since I'm Oreo beta for op3 I don't know if this bug can be considered real app bugs or just bad behaviour of my config
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171029-061707.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	4317159  
29th October 2017, 08:35 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1,181

More
Quote:

That's outside of the scope of this app and doesn't make sense to add to this app, but that doesn't mean it can't be done in another app

I got the impression from the description on Play that there is a DPI adjuster in the app. Full-time, I suppose.
29th October 2017, 09:52 AM |#29  
Flag Krak├│w
Thanks Meter: 313

Donate to Me
More
Hi, i installed todays update but still there is no Launcher shortcut or activity, only Main Activity. Bubble is not bad but having 6 hardware buttons I'd like to remap one for toggle OHM.
29th October 2017, 02:00 PM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,622

Donate to Me
More
Absolutely loved it! Kudos to all the devs for bringing this in. Already made the in-app purchase and ready for further updates and improvements.
29th October 2017, 03:42 PM |#31  
Quote:

Next update will add an intent that can be called at com.xda.onehandedmode.action.TOGGLE_OHM and a launcher shortcut.

We will also work with the developer of the Custom Navigation Bar app so you can toggle One Handed Mode using a nav bar key.

Is this already available in the latest update? I can't seem to find it in the manifest.xml
Edit: Pardon me, it works! thanks! I just added the action in an intent sent from Tasker
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)