[OFFICIAL XDA]One Handed Mode: Use your phone with one hand!

Search This thread

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
One-Handed-Mode-XDA.png

Smartphones keep getting taller, making it harder to use your phone one handed. Ever wish you could reach the top buttons of your favorite app or the status bar? Thanks to One Handed Mode by XDA-Developers, now you can!

The app lets you shift your screen contents so you can better reach the top of your screen without overstretching your fingers! For a fee, you can enable a floating bubble which allows you to toggle One Handed Mode from any screen!

Features

- Toggle One-Handed Mode through a Launcher Shortcut
- Toggle One-Handed Mode through a Quick Settings Tile
- Toggle One-Handed Mode through an intent
- Integration with Custom Navigation Bar app to add a navigation bar button to toggle One-Handed Mode
- Emergency reset button to safeguard your device
- Start service on boot
- Automatically adjust DPI to better fit screen contents
- Customize One-Handed Mode window, support for left-handed window
- Drag to dismiss bubble
- Disables One-Handed Mode on lock screen, when pressing home button, or when in landscape mode

Download

Download from the Google Play Store.

Download from XDA Labs

Download from APKMirror

XDA:DevDB Information
One Handed Mode, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
MishaalRahman, Zacharee1

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-02

Created 2017-10-27
Last Updated 2017-11-02

Last edited:

IIIIkoolaidIIII

Aug 3, 2009
Cardiff
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T
First off great app, been wanting this feature for so long just for getting at the notification bar.

Is there any way to assign this to a command to be used with a button in the Navigation bar?

Could you add a "toggle" option as an activity for use as a shortcut with Nova Launcher etc. Attached a screenshot for detail.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171027-202821.png
    Screenshot_20171027-202821.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 2,715
Reactions: MishaalRahman

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
First off great app, been wanting this feature for so long just for getting at the notification bar.

Is there any way to assign this to a command to be used with a button in the Navigation bar?

Could you add a "toggle" option as an activity for use as a shortcut with Nova Launcher etc. Attached a screenshot for detail.

Yes, we can add that to the planned feature list.

Is it possible to launch to toggle the one handed mode using an intent? I'd like to toggle it using a button on my navbar

Yes, we can do that

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thank you guys! Cannot test it as I don't have a PC at my hand ATM. May I help by translating the app to German? It's more a guessing thing right now, trying to find out what the welcome pages are trying to tell you :D
Strange, German should be translated. Is it a bad translation?

Odeira.Oloap

May 8, 2012
Manila
Xperia Z5 Premium, bone stock 7.1.1. I paid for more features the moment I activated it.

This is honestly amazing. Great for one handed, although...

Attch 1: Sorta works on Twitter. Only half of the reduced screen size is used in the main screen. When you view a profile, the "dead space" is filled by the colour of the header photo.

Attch 2: Nova Launcher, Tumblr, and iYTBP work excellently on the reduced screen mode.

I hope there's an easier way to launch it. A Quick Tile or make it play nice with Custom Navigation Bar.

More power to the developers!

Attachments

• Comb28102017051417.jpg
    Comb28102017051417.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Comb28102017051203.jpg
    Comb28102017051203.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 1,110
Reactions: MishaalRahman

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
App could be "worth it" just to adjust dpi. I used Xposed, AppSettings to do this on an app by app basis. Life-savor on my old small phone. The Xposed module did not slow down the screen refresh but did require root, of course.

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
App could be "worth it" just to adjust dpi. I used Xposed, AppSettings to do this on an app by app basis. Life-savor on my old small phone. The Xposed module did not slow down the screen refresh but did require root, of course.

That's outside of the scope of this app and doesn't make sense to add to this app, but that doesn't mean it can't be done in another app ;)

gasroca

Feb 13, 2014
London, UK
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LG G4
You can use the button at the bottom of the main page to enable one handed mode. Then go to your favorite apps and see how they look. The only part that is paid is the floating bubble that lets you easily toggle one Handed Mode

There's something preventing it from working on oreo with Magisk 14.3 then. I've gave it root access but the settings won't even let me turn the "start at boot" toggle

No other mods.. Apart from root I keep it as stock as possible

izephyr

Dec 2, 2010
Narayanganj
Lets put first things first.
Thanks for the promo code. :)

We need a Help and Feedback section inside the app. Help may lead to XDA and feedback may send a direct email to you with/without attachment and logs. A debug switch should also be there so that a debug log can be added.

Now, 1 major problem. The background colour of the remaining area should NOT be changed by app accent. Instead, it should be selectable or fixed to pure black preferably. This wil make the app look more natural.

Also, if you can hook into some advanced features if Root is available. Your app should have two modes. Either Root or Rootless. This will make the things more efficient.

As you promised a toggle intent, that's welcome as it's more convenient to use by event using tasker or automation tools that can call to an intent.

Reactions: babo1983

Zacharee1

There's something preventing it from working on oreo with Magisk 14.3 then. I've gave it root access but the settings won't even let me turn the "start at boot" toggle

No other mods.. Apart from root I keep it as stock as possible

"Start at boot" is for the overlay service. All of the settings being disabled is a bug that will be fixed in the next version. If you purchase, you can access them, but if you don't want to do that, the update should be out tomorrow.

Zacharee1

Lets put first things first.
Thanks for the promo code. :)

We need a Help and Feedback section inside the app. Help may lead to XDA and feedback may send a direct email to you with/without attachment and logs. A debug switch should also be there so that a debug log can be added.

Now, 1 major problem. The background colour of the remaining area should NOT be changed by app accent. Instead, it should be selectable or fixed to pure black preferably. This wil make the app look more natural.

Also, if you can hook into some advanced features if Root is available. Your app should have two modes. Either Root or Rootless. This will make the things more efficient.

As you promised a toggle intent, that's welcome as it's more convenient to use by event using tasker or automation tools that can call to an intent.

The blackout overlay is fixed in the upcoming version.

What other features are there with root? We can't use it to fix the offset issue in some apps or anything like that.

The next version will have the intent, a shortcut icon, and a QS tile. @paphonb is also working to integrate OHM into Custom Navigation Bar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One-Handed-Mode-XDA.png

Smartphones keep getting taller, making it harder to use your phone one handed. Ever wish you could reach the top buttons of your favorite app or the status bar? Thanks to One Handed Mode by XDA-Developers, now you can!

The app lets you shift your screen contents so you can better reach the top of your screen without overstretching your fingers! For a fee, you can enable a floating bubble which allows you to toggle One Handed Mode from any screen!

Features

- Toggle One-Handed Mode through a Launcher Shortcut
    - Toggle One-Handed Mode through a Quick Settings Tile
    - Toggle One-Handed Mode through an intent
    - Integration with Custom Navigation Bar app to add a navigation bar button to toggle One-Handed Mode
    - Emergency reset button to safeguard your device
    - Start service on boot
    - Automatically adjust DPI to better fit screen contents
    - Customize One-Handed Mode window, support for left-handed window
    - Drag to dismiss bubble
    - Disables One-Handed Mode on lock screen, when pressing home button, or when in landscape mode

Download

Download from the Google Play Store.

Download from XDA Labs

Download from APKMirror

XDA:DevDB Information
    One Handed Mode, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    MishaalRahman, Zacharee1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-02

Created 2017-10-27
    Last Updated 2017-11-02
    Next update will add transparency slider for the bubble and make it much much easier to swipe down the status bar.
    Very good! I was looking for an app like this.
    First btw. :)

You're welcome! Hope it serves you well. I know it's not perfect, but without root/Xposed we are verrrryyy limited in what we can do!
    Is it possible to launch to toggle the one handed mode using an intent? I'd like to toggle it using a button on my navbar

Yes, we can add that to the planned feature list.

Yes, we can do that