FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT ANDROID][2.x-6.0] KINGROOT: The One-Click Root Tool for Almost All Devices

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,053

By Kingxteam, Senior Member on 13th May 2015, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Kingxteam: KingRoot 4.6 has been released, she can root 5.1 well and some 6.0 devices
15th May 2015, 05:42 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAs$Phone

I appreciate that you are trying very hard to be "professional" and I am sure that the purpose of Kingroot is NOT to steal IMEI #'s and create an army of cloned phones (some people watch to many movies, I suspect, LOL!!) I have to point out that a true "Professional" would not be creating a product that seeks to exploit a linux/android security weakness, all to purposefully circumvent a lock that the carrier put there. The carriers/manufacturers such as Samsung and AT&T have been creating Locked Bootloaders, adding security tools such as KNOX and generally making the process of modifying a phone MUCH HARDER than it has ever been. This gets a LOT of people upset - I did a petition to AT&T Executives to unlock the bootloader on the Note 3, of course it was ignored, but I got a lot of signatures, showing that many people are not happy with being LOCKED OUT OF THEIR OWN DEVICE. Once a phone is paid for, it should be YOURS to do whatever you like with it. It's not like you can harm AT&T's network with a modified phone or something. The worst you could do is brick the device, and if that's what they worry about, they could just ask to to waive the warranty when you unlock the bootloader. This is what Asus did with the transformer Prime and Transformer Infinity tablets, and many folks were happy to sign off the warranty to get the bootloader unlocked - me included.

Do not misunderstand me - I think this is great work you are doing, and I support the Kingroot team for its work. But while you are not harming the user, the Carriers (Verizon and AT&T will feel that you are harming THEM. If they start threatening or causing issues, JUST IGNORE VERIZON AND AT&T - THE SAME WAY THEY HAVE BEEN IGNORING THE DEVELOPER COMMUNITY FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AS WE ASKED, PLEADED, BEGGED AND PETITIONED THEM TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER OF OUR DEVICES. THE ONES WE PAID FOR. THE ONLY DEVICE THAT AT&T AND VERIZON HAS A RIGHT TO LOCK DOWN IS ONE THEY GIVE AWAY FREE. THE ONE I PAID FOR IS MINE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

*RANT OVER* Sorry - I get very worked up on the subject. Please keep up you efforts. This is important work you are doing here. It is appreciated by the Android development community.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support, we will continue to fight with manufacturers and get back the things which should belong to users. We pay! We gain!

Sent from my MI 2 using XDA Free mobile app

15th May 2015, 05:46 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnlong159

Please help me!

How do re-root my phone?

Hi, can you give me more information about "re-root". Do you mean you have rooted successfully and then clear root by kinguser? In this situation, you can just re-installed Kinguser, and kinguser will fix root environment for you

15th May 2015, 06:08 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
For the blade apex2 I tried two different fingerprints of my OS and it doesn't work, ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P892E10/msm8226:4.4.2/KVT49L/20140509.120111.402:user/release-keys
and ZTE/P892E10/msm8226:4.4.2/KVT49L/20140529.094820.26255:user/release-keys

Though it might be something on the hardware preventing it since I've heard of users with the first version I posted to have it rooted with this or other similar methods.

(The first fingerprint is just the one given from the update.zip found on the official ztedevice.com site for Finland->Blade Apex2)
15th May 2015, 06:18 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Not working on Moto G LTE XT1045, 4.4.4.

Edit: This was just the app, v 4.0.1. I'm hesitant to try the PC version because the prospect of installing a custom recovery sounds a bit harder to undo if it has any success(installing custom recovery), and I'd like to preserve compatibility with OTAs.
15th May 2015, 07:29 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it's really a must tool for root

Thanks !
15th May 2015, 07:35 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Feature idea: for advanced users allow them to choose the exploit method

for example the zte zmax users would benefit from being able to choose the Ping UAF directly
15th May 2015, 07:50 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWCSwagger

couldn't root my vodafone smart prime 6 (vf-v895n)

any way you can add support for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingxteam

HI:
vodafone 890n
vodafone smart 4 turbo
vodafone 985n
vodafone smart tab 4
vodafone smart tab 4g

Above is support list for all Vodafone device, i'm sorry can not help you now , we will continue do some work on this~

Take a look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...45&postcount=4
The Following User Says Thank You to ntunix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ntunix Ad-Free
15th May 2015, 07:50 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
By the way, the latest version of iRoot from today (15/5/2015) (PC version, NOT .apk version) rooted my Blade Apex2 phone. I was talking about in this thread. Kingroot had issues with it (probably because the phone has various sub-versions and not all Blade Apex2s are the same).

edit: the actual latest version I used is from the non-english site: http://www.mgyun.com/vroot
The Following User Says Thank You to epigramx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift epigramx Ad-Free
anonym20
15th May 2015, 09:22 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Didn't root my Jiake JK760 (Samsung Galaxy A5 clone) running 4.4.2 KitKat.
This has an MTK 6572 chip.

Sent from my JK-760 using XDA Free mobile app
15th May 2015, 09:25 PM |#110  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 401

More
I would also like to request the VZW Note 3. I tried on Lollipop and it doesn't work yet. Has anyone tried it on VZW Note 3 4.4.4?
15th May 2015, 10:37 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingxteam

That's OK. And we also have a protection strategy, if you failed too many times, we will stop to provide root service for protect your device. That's may be a reason of why you cannot root it anymore

Understood.
Is there any way you guys can create a fix for someone that gets into this situation? I have a feeling there will be a few more of the Zmax users that will run into this.

If not, we will just have to send in our phones for replacement/repair.

I can not set persist.sys.k back until I have a temp root. I also noticed that the phone will not activate with the sim anymore.

I can swap my phone out, not a big deal.
Just trying ensure I know what to tell other Zmax users to NOT do. LoL
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)