FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Why the OnePlus 6 is one of XDA's favorite gaming phones of 2018 (Sponsored)

329 posts
Thanks Meter: 777

By XDARoni, XDA Community Manager on 24th May 2018, 01:18 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Why the OnePlus 6 is one of XDA's favorite gaming phones of 2018

The OnePlus 6 is here and we at XDA have been testing it and sharing our thoughts with you on the portal. Our research has shown that this phone is the best gaming phone of 2018 so far. OnePlus tagged the OP6 with the slogan "The Speed You Need" and this proves to be true.

Powered by the Snapdragon 845 and options for 6 or 8GB of RAM, this is the fastest phone on the market right now. The Adreno 630 GPU makes the most recent games like PUBG run effortlessly at 30FPS, which is the max framerate for the game. There is also a noticeable improvement in game load-times. We tested Asphalt 8, and PUBG load times against the OnePlus 5T and here are the results:
Asphalt app launch time:
OnePlus 5T: 5.18 seconds
OnePlus 6: 4.95 seconds

PUBG app launch time:
OnePlus 5T: 19.79 seconds
OnePlus 6: 17.98 seconds

This performance extends to the UI as well. OnePlus always goes with a near-stock Android experience. They are constantly optimizing their software to ensure the smoothest UX possible. Navigating your phone results in very few dropped frames and animations that are quick and lag-free.

"The Adreno 630 featured in the OnePlus 6’s Snapdragon 845 is actually one of the beefiest specification upgrades this new flagship brings. This GPU features a revamped architecture, with Qualcomm claiming a 30% boost to graphics performance and 30% in power reduction (at the same level of performance as last 2017’s Snapdragon 835), something which we were able to verify in our Snapdragon 845 hands-on earlier this year." - Mario Serrafero

OnePlus 6

With up to 8GB of RAM, the OnePlus 6 has the same great RAM management that we have seen in previous phones. We were able to load forum mobile games and have them remain in memory (in particular, Asphalt 8, Lineage II: Revolution, PUBG and Modern Combat 5), so gamers should appreciate the additional RAM even if the number of apps that can be held at any given time is limited.

"The OnePlus 6 certainly feels extremely fast, and when you do try and measure its speed for improvements you can also find some small steps forward. I get to use multiple phones every year, and often carry two phones at any given time — I get to notice the speed advantage every day, even if it’s not always that significant. For example, while I’ve grown fond of my Galaxy Note 8 (which brought its fair share of improvements) the difference between that and the OnePlus 6 is clear and immediate the moment I switch phones. I’m not just talking app launch speeds here, either, it’s an advantage that permeates the user experience. This is an area where OnePlus has been consistently surpassing competitors, and that’s almost become popular knowledge with reviews, YouTube speed tests and user feedback all agreeing on the matter."- Mario Serrafero

Check out more of our coverage on the OnePlus 6 here:
OnePlus 6 Speed, Smoothness & Gaming XDA Review: Living up to the Slogan
OnePlus 6 Hands-On: Redefined Speed and a Premium Design that Reflects 2018’s Smartphone Trends

Check out the OnePlus 6 forums to see what users think about this phone.
OnePlus 6 Forums

We thank OnePlus for sponsoring this post. Our sponsors help us pay for the many costs associated with running XDA, including server costs, full time developers, news writers, and much more. While you might see sponsored content (which will always be labeled as such) alongside Portal content, the Portal team is in no way responsible for these posts. Sponsored content, advertising and XDA Depot are managed by a separate team entirely. XDA will never compromise its journalistic integrity by accepting money to write favorably about a company, or alter our opinions or views in any way. Our opinion cannot be bought.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDARoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDARoni Ad-Free

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread