I have managed to port the Google Pixel Live earth wallpapers and Live data wallpapers to Android 6.0+ devices.
1. Extracted from Google Pixel system dump.
2. Added libgeswallpapers-jni.so in the Live earth wallpapers apk.
3. Added libgdx.so in the apk from the official nightly.
4. Fixed Your world, Solar System to work on Android M.
5. Fixed Live data wallpapers.
6. Re-signed by me to make them installable as normal app.
Live Earth (WallpapersBReel)
Your world, Solar system wallpaper will not work on Android M devices as they do not has createDeviceProtectedStorageContext() method in the framework. This method is introduced in the Android N for the Direct Boot implementation. You can read more on this here. We need to disable this call by editing smali, I will try to do it later and if anyone is interested, please pm me.
Now, fixed without breaking the Active Boot functionality on Android 7.0+ devices, please check download section.
Live Data (WallpapersUsTwo)
It uses Google GCM/Firebase so, when we re-sign the apk, it throws security exception due to signature mismatch (visible in logcat). This makes wallpaper very laggy and unstable. Although, it is working fine if you turn off the mobile data and WiFi.
Now, fixed by disabling the Google GCM. No side effects found yet. Please test and report.
Many users are facing Horizon live wallpaper crash in Android M. I have searched a bit and found that it is a known issue of Android M (6.0). I am trying to fix it by editing smali/xml but there is no success yet.
Crash is fixed, it was some OpenGl ES error. On some devices it is showing just black screen and I can't do anything more as it is due to the fragment/pixel and vertex shader of the Horizon wallpaper.
Your world, Solar system crashes on Android N
I have tried to fix it, please download and test the apk from below link. It should work on Android 6.0+ devices. If still issue occurs then, please post logs.
Separate testing apk added for Android 7.0+ devices. Please note that it will work on arm64-v8a devices only.
1. Uninstall any previous apk otherwise, signature conflict will occur.
2. Download the apk from below section.
3. Install it as normal app using any file manager or via adb.
4. Select from different live wallpapers. Wallpapers > Live wallpapers >
On some devices/ROMs (like Samsung, etc.), please install Google Wallpapers to set live wallpapers.
Live Earth (WallpapersBReel)
Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
Garden, Kent, United Kingdom
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park
Horizon Changes according to the battery level
Pantheon, Rome, Italy
Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
Your world, Solar System Fixed for ARM
Crash on Android N? Please try 7.0+ apk.
Live Data (WallpapersUsTwo) Fixed
Aurora, Time lapse Changes according to the time
Orbit, Jazz Black
Orbit, Radiant Blue
Shadow, Cloudless Blue
Shadow, Dusk Black
Shadow, Morning Rose
Shadow, Pure White
Shadow, Sea Green
Shadow, Twilight Blue
Pixel Wallpapers 2017 6.0+
Live earth wallpapers Mirror (Google Drive) 6.0.x ARM64 only
Live earth wallpapers Mirror (Google Drive) 7.0+ ARM64 only
Universal APKs for all devices Texture Fix by @jekapaty Testing ARM/ARM64
Live data wallpapers In attachments Root All devices
Unmodified version added for Android 7.0+ devices. They are working fine so, no need to modify anything.
Please uninstall previous version first to avoid signature conflicts.
Please do not post this not working, that not working in case of any issue. If you really want to fix the issues, include following things in your comment: -
1. Device (Nexus 5X, Xperia Z5, etc.)
2. ROM + Android version (6.0, 7.0, etc. + Stock, Cyanogen, etc.)
3. Logcat (please try to attach as it will be beneficial for debugging)
If still issue occurs please follow the steps below to capture log via adb. You can follow this guide to install adb.
1. Enable Developer options on your device (Settings > About phone > Build number > Tap seven times).
2. Settings > Developer options > Turn on.
3. USB debugging > Turn on.
4. Capture log by typing this command in Terminal/CMD: -
Please link to this thread if you want to share it on some other portal.