FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PORT] [APP] [6.0+] [Google Pixel] Live Wallpapers [16/3/2017]

430 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,171

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,
I have managed to port the Google Pixel Live earth wallpapers and Live data wallpapers to Android 6.0+ devices. Your world, Solar System (Live earth wallpapers) is only for ARM64 devices as libgeswallpapers-jni.so is only available for those devices Please check testing version in download section. I have done the few changes in the apks to make them properly working, please find the changes below: -

Quote:

Features
1. Extracted from Google Pixel system dump.
2. Added libgeswallpapers-jni.so in the Live earth wallpapers apk.
3. Added libgdx.so in the apk from the official nightly.
4. Fixed Your world, Solar System to work on Android M.
5. Fixed Live data wallpapers.
6. Re-signed by me to make them installable as normal app.

Quote:

Known Issues
Live Earth (WallpapersBReel)
Your world, Solar system wallpaper will not work on Android M devices as they do not has createDeviceProtectedStorageContext() method in the framework. This method is introduced in the Android N for the Direct Boot implementation. You can read more on this here. We need to disable this call by editing smali, I will try to do it later and if anyone is interested, please pm me.
Now, fixed without breaking the Active Boot functionality on Android 7.0+ devices, please check download section.

Live Data (WallpapersUsTwo)
It uses Google GCM/Firebase so, when we re-sign the apk, it throws security exception due to signature mismatch (visible in logcat). This makes wallpaper very laggy and unstable. Although, it is working fine if you turn off the mobile data and WiFi.
Now, fixed by disabling the Google GCM. No side effects found yet. Please test and report.

Horizon crashes
Many users are facing Horizon live wallpaper crash in Android M. I have searched a bit and found that it is a known issue of Android M (6.0). I am trying to fix it by editing smali/xml but there is no success yet.
Crash is fixed, it was some OpenGl ES error. On some devices it is showing just black screen and I can't do anything more as it is due to the fragment/pixel and vertex shader of the Horizon wallpaper.

Your world, Solar system crashes on Android N
I have tried to fix it, please download and test the apk from below link. It should work on Android 6.0+ devices. If still issue occurs then, please post logs.
Separate testing apk added for Android 7.0+ devices. Please note that it will work on arm64-v8a devices only.

Quote:

Instructions
1. Uninstall any previous apk otherwise, signature conflict will occur.
2. Download the apk from below section.
3. Install it as normal app using any file manager or via adb.
4. Select from different live wallpapers. Wallpapers > Live wallpapers >
On some devices/ROMs (like Samsung, etc.), please install Google Wallpapers to set live wallpapers.

Live Earth (WallpapersBReel)
Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
Garden, Kent, United Kingdom
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park
Horizon Changes according to the battery level
Pantheon, Rome, Italy
Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
Your world, Solar System Fixed for ARM
Crash on Android N? Please try 7.0+ apk.

Live Data (WallpapersUsTwo) Fixed
Aurora, Time lapse Changes according to the time
Orbit, Jazz Black
Orbit, Radiant Blue
Shadow, Cloudless Blue
Shadow, Dusk Black
Shadow, Morning Rose
Shadow, Pure White
Shadow, Sea Green
Shadow, Twilight Blue

Quote:

Downloads
Live earth wallpapers (WallpapersBReel) 6.0.x Mirror (Google Drive) Alternate Fix ARM64
Live earth wallpapers (WallpapersBReel) 7.0+All Mirror (Google Drive) ARM64
Universal APKs for all devices Texture Fix by @jekapaty Testing ARM/ARM64

Live data wallpapers (WallpapersUsTwo) In attachments Root All devices
Unmodified version added for Android 7.0+ devices. They are working fine so, no need to modify anything.
Please uninstall previous version first to avoid signature conflicts.

Quote:

Report Issues
Please do not post this not working, that not working in case of any issue. If you really want to fix the issues, include following things in your comment: -
1. Device (Nexus 5X, Xperia Z5, etc.)
2. ROM + Android version (6.0, 7.0, etc. + Stock, Cyanogen, etc.)
3. Logcat (please try to attach as it will be beneficial for debugging)

Quote:

Report Logs
If still issue occurs please follow the steps below to capture log via adb. You can follow this guide to install adb.
1. Enable Developer options on your device (Settings > About phone > Build number > Tap seven times).
2. Settings > Developer options > Turn on.
3. USB debugging > Turn on.
4. Capture log by typing this command in Terminal/CMD: -

Code:
adb logcat
If your device is rooted, you can also use any third party app from Google play (like CatLog, etc.).

Quote:

Credits
- LlabTooFeR for system dump.
- @jekapaty for ARM32 lib and Texture fix.
- @5@Mi H@[k3R
- Google, B-Reel, UsTwo
- Apktool and XDA

Please link to this thread if you want to share it on some other portal.
Attached Files
File Type: apk WallpapersUsTwo_6.0-PranavPandey.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.58 MB, 90304 views)
File Type: apk WallpapersUsTwo_7.0+.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.29 MB, 21110 views)
The Following 201 Users Say Thank You to Pranav Pandey For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th October 2016, 03:47 PM |#2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 948

More
Can you also port Pixel Camera?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black_Eyes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Black_Eyes Ad-Free
16th October 2016, 07:41 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 4,171

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Eyes

Can you also port Pixel Camera?

I will try to port other apps later!

Quote:

Known Issue
Your world, Solar system wallpaper will not work on Android M devices as they do not has createDeviceProtectedStorageContext() method in the framework. This method is introduced in the Android N for the Direct Boot implementation. You can read more on this here. We need to disable this call by editing smali, I will try to do it later and if anyone is interested, please pm me.

Now fixed, please check download section on first post.

Screenshot (India Location)

Enjoy and hit Thanks button !!!
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Pranav Pandey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2016, 11:54 PM |#5  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 28

More
What about arm devices ? ☹
17th October 2016, 01:21 AM |#6  
Flag Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 5

More
For me it just says "App isn't installed". Any ideas? Running OxygenOS 3.5.3 - Oneplus 3.
17th October 2016, 02:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Working awesome on HTC ONE A9 6.0.1
17th October 2016, 03:42 AM |#8  
Flag Dryden
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbyashes

For me it just says "App isn't installed". Any ideas? Running OxygenOS 3.5.3 - Oneplus 3.

Just installed on my OP3 running 3.5.3 and it's working just fine. Just went to set the wallpapers, and they're in the list. Too bad they won't work on the lockscreen though!

Nice job on the port! Looks cool as heck!
17th October 2016, 08:08 AM |#9  
Flag Munich | Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 2,002

Donate to Me
More
Nice one!
Sadly as ARM is not supported it wont work on my LG G3.
I love the live wallpaper.
The Following User Says Thank You to FaserF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FaserF Ad-Free
17th October 2016, 11:57 AM |#10  
Flag Piraeus
Thanks Meter: 44

More
It works great apart from one wall that crashes, namely the Horizon live wallpaper. But that's no big deal.

Can you also port for android 6.0.1 the google pixel's "wallpapersUsTwo.apk"? It's those walls that change "mood" according to the weather and the time of the day. It installs without any problem, but all wallpapers crash. It needs android 7.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to madvinegar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madvinegar Ad-Free
17th October 2016, 12:12 PM |#11  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 257

More
No chance of porting it to arm devices?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radichification For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radichification Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
earth, google, live, pixel, wallpaper

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)