FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: How would you like to be able to Install this Mod?

Flashable ZIP

362 Vote(s)
45.02%
Manual

109 Vote(s)
13.56%
Both

333 Vote(s)
41.42%

[NEW][ALL][PORT][4.0+] PS4 Remote Play for Android

360 posts
Thanks Meter: 805

Thread Closed Email Thread
5th November 2014, 12:08 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrgod

I used ES File Explorer

Ok got it working, well the first part, can't test until I get home from work but at least now the app appears to work.

Last time I attempted this I had xposed framework installed, since then I removed it, this time I used es file explorer for permissions etc.. and this time after reboot in system/app folder the app successfully installed after I prompted it to, I then came across that 803 error (or whatever it is) when launching remote play, so I went into supersu and uninstalled within the app, then the 803 error didn't come up.

Now I'm assuming after each reboot I'd need to go back to system/app and install remoteplay.apk for it to work, I read somewhere there is a workaround so you don't have to do this.

Now I just need to test when I get home which I'm sure involves more steps.

When you say create a secondary account on ps4, do you just mean I can use another account on my ps4

I have my main UK one but I also have American ps account and Indonesian account, can I just sign in with one of them? Then switch back to my main one after remote play has connected? or is it best to set up another basic uk one

5th November 2014, 12:42 PM |#42  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martytarty

Ok got it working, well the first part, can't test until I get home from work but at least now the app appears to work.

Last time I attempted this I had xposed framework installed, since then I removed it, this time I used es file explorer for permissions etc.. and this time after reboot in system/app folder the app successfully installed after I prompted it to, I then came across that 803 error (or whatever it is) when launching remote play, so I went into supersu and uninstalled within the app, then the 803 error didn't come up.

Now I'm assuming after each reboot I'd need to go back to system/app and install remoteplay.apk for it to work, I read somewhere there is a workaround so you don't have to do this.

Now I just need to test when I get home which I'm sure involves more steps.

When you say create a secondary account on ps4, do you just mean I can use another account on my ps4

I have my main UK one but I also have American ps account and Indonesian account, can I just sign in with one of them? Then switch back to my main one after remote play has connected? or is it best to set up another basic uk one

Sounds like you're finally there! The connection to the PS4 is quite easy. You can use any account on your PS4 but you have to sign into the Playstation app using the same account.

The Signing into a second account is a workaround for getting the Dual Shock 4 working for Local play until the DS4's sync properly. Either that or the Dire touch screen controls!
5th November 2014, 12:43 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know you guys said can't pair the DS4 with the remote play, but can you atleast click on "register"? Here the remote play is working but when I click in "register" DS4 nothing happens, so I'm wondering if it's the same with everyone or if the actual problem is after clicking register.
5th November 2014, 12:51 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This is what I see when I tap register.
The Following User Says Thank You to lnkn52 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lnkn52 Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 01:17 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Just think in a couple of weeks time we could be playing gta 5 with 1st person view on our android smartphones/tablets, well I'd only need remote play if wife wants the TV or doesn't want the kids to see gta5.

Think I better root my lg gpad 8.3 now, see if I can get it working on that
5th November 2014, 01:20 PM |#46  
Flag DELHI
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Well all devlopers only focus on dualshock 4 compatibility with remote play nothing else!!!
5th November 2014, 01:21 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martytarty

Just think in a couple of weeks time we could be playing gta 5 with 1st person view on our android smartphones/tablets, well I'd only need remote play if wife wants the TV or doesn't want the kids to see gta5.

Think I better root my lg gpad 8.3 now, see if I can get it working on that

It does work. At least for the google play edition of the glad. Good lick!
5th November 2014, 01:40 PM |#48  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaownz

I know you guys said can't pair the DS4 with the remote play, but can you atleast click on "register"? Here the remote play is working but when I click in "register" DS4 nothing happens, so I'm wondering if it's the same with everyone or if the actual problem is after clicking register.

Theres another APK you need to install to see the Register screen.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=8

Cheers
Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to paulrgod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulrgod Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 01:46 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrgod

Theres another APK you need to install to see the Register screen.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=8

Cheers
Paul

Edit:

My bad, I rebooted cellphone and I can see the screen now.

Thank you!

Rafa
5th November 2014, 01:57 PM |#50  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 805

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaownz

Thank you Paul,

Do I need to install it or move to system/app? I tried both but didn't work, if I try to install it it says "app didn't install" and if I just move to system/app and change permissions to 644 also doesn't work.

Thank you in advance!

Rafa

Move to system/app and set permissions then reboot. I didn't add it in OP since DS4 doesn't work(But it is included in the flashable zip). I'll add it to it later.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheScriptKitty Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 01:59 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I followed the OP installation instruction and used the work around in post #2, thank you guys, now I can still play ps4 while the family have the TV.
Follow the instructions (get rootcloak) and the PORT will work fine.

Thanks to all the devs for putting their time and effort into porting these apps for us.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread