[ROOT][APP][9.0+] Android 10 Launcher (+ gestures, feed)

Search This thread

Indashio

Oct 24, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191005-095731.jpg
    Screenshot_20191005-095731.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 933
  • Screenshot_20191005-102203.jpg
    Screenshot_20191005-102203.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:

carlisu

Jul 6, 2019
Didn't installed properly

I did all the steps but when i enable gestures the navigation bar didn't dissapear. So ihave the navigation bar and the gestures:crying:

alirazaagha

Aug 19, 2012
Pre-release lawnchair q build 2463 for Android Pie is working well with new Android 10 gestures. You need Quickswitch to make it recents provider. However, it might force close on few apps such as Mi calculator whereas, its log notifications need to be disabled to use it. Double tap isn't working too.

I'm using it on Bootleggers 4.3.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 Launcher for Android 9.0+

Google has made an interesting change on Pie release: moving the recents app screen, along with the (was new) swipe up gesture to the stock launcher. Following that change, the Lawnchair team has released the QuickSwitch Magisk Module which allows you to change the "stock" launcher to a supported one that you prefer.

So let's get to the point. A week ago Google has released Android 10 along with its new, improved gesture navigation. It's much better than the gestures on Android Pie. Today, I'm happy to announce that you can get the new gesture navigation on Android Pie too with this port and the QuickSwitch Magisk Module.

Features
    Video preview
    - Clean stock Launcher3 base
    - Android Q gesture navigation
    - Swipe down for notification drawer
    - Dark theme
    - Google Feed (dark theme now included), YAY!
    - Simple icon packs support (no dynamic icons/icon masking)

Installation
    1. Install the QuickSwitch Magisk Module
    2. Download and install the Launcher APK
    3. Open the QuickSwitch app, select the launcher and reboot
    4. Set it as the default launcher
    5. Open home settings, select "Developer options" and then enable gestures in there

Download
    Unified build
    - View attachment Q_Launcher3-v1.3-debug.apk
    - View attachment Q_Launcher3-v1.2-debug.apk
    For Android Pie
    - View attachment Q_Launcher3-Pie-v1.1-debug.apk
    - View attachment Q_Launcher3-Pie-debug.apk
    For Android 10
    - View attachment Q_Launcher3-10-v1.1-debug.apk
    - View attachment Q_Launcher3-10-debug.apk

Notes:
    - This launcher requires the QuickSwitch Magisk Module to function properly. It should work as a normal launcher alone but that's untested.
    - Unfortunately, the back gesture is a part os SystemUI and can't be achieved in this port, but you can use apps such as Fluid NG to replicate it.

QuickSwitch Telegram support group: @QuickstepSwitcherSupport
    Stay tuned for more launcher ports: @oemlaunchers
    If you like my works, you can donate to me here.
    Enjoy.

Please press thanks if you like this. :)
    New release today includes a basic icon pack support, new grid profile from Pixel Launcher. Enjoy.
    [ROOT][APP][9.0+] Android 10 Launcher (+ gestures)

It's not working for me. I've done all the steps. The name of the launcher linked here is "Quickstep" in my default apps settings. And choosing that makes it so I can't even close any app, it just reopens the app immediately. (like there is no home screen).

And I guess you don't mean the lawnchair settings? I thought that at first but there is no gestures option in the developer settings in lawnchair (latest beta).

In addition to being selected in QuickSwitch, this launcher needs to be set as the default home app as well for the gestures to work.

Would be great if you add this in lawnchair

That’s being worked on. Will come later in a few months.
    As per request, a dark theme for the feed has been added. It will be automatically enabled when the launcher is in dark theme.

Additional note: there won't be separate builds for Pie and 10 anymore. One APK will work on both versions.
    Does the Pixel launcher from Android 10 come with new gesture animations, and are you planning to port it?

Also, for the people who have been using this launcher, what is your method of replicating Android 10's Navigation bar? I've tried Fluid NG and the Home button doesn't seem to work when Navigation bar is hidden. I'm on Xperia X running Lineage OS 16 (9.0).
    A Pixel Launcher port with gestures is possible but not worth the effort, sorry.
    For the new navbar replication, some users in the Telegram recommended the Flowdor substratum theme and a navbar height changer. (I haven't tried though)

It will automatically switch to dark theme when you use a dark wallpaper, but anyway I've added a toggle in the new version.

Yeah, as I said, when I choose it as my launcher, it doesn't work at all. The phone behaves like there's no homescreen. When I try to exit settings, or any app at all, it just reopens that app immediately. It closes the app, shows an empty wallpaper and then opens the app within 1/10 of a second.
    That's weird. Make sure it's both the recents provider in QuickSwitch and the default home app in Android Settings.

This is so good. The animations are smooth and work as intended.
    I'd be great if google now page can be added to the left.
    And also, the bottom google search bar is also missing. Hope that gets added too!
    Overall first impressions, a fantastic port!!
    The Google Feed has been added to the new version. Enjoy! :)