FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT][4.4+]Battery Charge Limit v0.3

104 posts
Thanks Meter: 252

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from harsha1397: App to stop charging of mobile at desired limit
Please read the following before installing the app:
  • This app requires a rooted mobile(Android 4.4 or later)
  • Before uninstalling the app, disable limit in the app before uninstalling(if not, reboot after uninstalling)

Usage instructions and app details:
  • Enable limit in the app
  • You can change the limit upto which it should charge(default: 80)
  • The app only gets kicked in while you connect a charger (or USB), and automatically closes shortly after unplugging charger(or USB) i.e It only runs in the background as long as it is plugged in, and it won't affect your battery life.
  • If your device is not charging even after disabling limit(which shouldn't happen, just in case), uninstall the app and reboot the device(The change made by the app doesn't survive a reboot). Your device should charge normally.

FAQ
Q) Why do you want to limit charge to a lower capacity?
A) In short, to prolong battery life in long term usage. For more information, refer this : http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

Download Link for v0.3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120716170

If you find the app useful and wish to donate, click here

XDA:DevDB Information
Battery Charge Limit, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
harsha1397
Source Code: https://github.com/sriharshaarangi/BatteryChargeLimit

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.3
Beta Release Date: 2017-03-18

Created 2017-02-15
Last Updated 2017-03-18
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170215-181142.png
Views:	10894
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	4042272  
The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free

15th February 2017, 12:37 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
FAQ
Q) Why do you want to limit charge to a lower capacity?
A)In short, to prolong battery life in long term usage. For more information, refer this : http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

Changelog:
- Updated to support 7.1.1
- Auto-select the battery charging file for Samsung, Pixel and Newus devices
- Added clear battery stats button
- Auto-whitelisting from doze
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 02:22 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I can't believe it. You can't imagine how long I was looking for such an app .
Will try it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freezy202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freezy202 Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 05:49 PM |#4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,391

More
I remember this was a feature that some kernels had years ago, and I would limit the charge to 85%. On my laptop I can cap it to 60%, which is great because I leave the charger in often.

Anyway, thank you for making this app!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ace42 Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 06:23 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy202

I can't believe it. You can't imagine how long I was looking for such an app .
Will try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42

I remember this was a feature that some kernels had years ago, and I would limit the charge to 85%. On my laptop I can cap it to 60%, which is great because I leave the charger in often.

Anyway, thank you for making this app!

Did you get a chance to test it? Is it working as expected?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 06:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha1397

Unfortunately it does not work as it should :/. It doesn't really limit. Even when I unplug the notification doesn't go away as you mentioned.
I have a HTC One M8, android 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freezy202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freezy202 Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 07:51 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy202

Unfortunately it does not work as it should :/. It doesn't really limit. Even when I unplug the notification doesn't go away as you mentioned.
I have a HTC One M8, android 6.

Does the battery percentage continue to rise beyond the limit? Regarding notification, it doesn't immediately go away after unplugging. It goes away after the percentage drops 3% below the limit. It is to ensure that the phone again charges to the limit if the phone is still plugged in. If it is not plugged in, then notification closes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 08:24 PM |#8  
Flag tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 49

More
very good idea, thanks for app, was looking for app like this for a long time will report in half hour if app works
15th February 2017, 08:30 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
thanks!I always was searching such an app cause:
1)I read if u charge your battery till 80% it will last more time..
2)At the end of the day,I always have 40% battery left and I cant trust my phone for the next day without charge.
Thanks again It works on my moto x play!It stopped at 79% but its ok not such a big deal!
The Following User Says Thank You to kos25k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kos25k Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 09:05 PM |#10  
Flag tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 49

More
ok, so it worked, but first time, when i unpluged and pluged app didn't noticed pluging and continued charging. after that i tried several times and it worked again. so there should be somewhere bug in monitoring pluging charger sometimes is left unnoticed.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chxei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chxei Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 12:42 AM |#11  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha1397

Seems to work on my LeEco Pro 3. Charging icon switched to normal battery at 80%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170215-193653.jpg
Views:	4140
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	4042896  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ace42 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charge, charging limit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)