Announcement from harsha1397: App to stop charging at desired limit
11th June 2018, 02:45 PM |#1861  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1963

Good afternoon,

Where is the 1.1.1 version download link?

Regards.

Enviado desde mi unknown mediante Tapatalk

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1826
The Following User Says Thank You to zarere For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zarere Ad-Free

11th June 2018, 02:52 PM |#1862  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekra

Thanks guys,
Sorry for posting and going 'off-grid'
I'm using a 2amp Samsung charger with the One+ cable on my One+5. Don't really use the Dash charger except in the car or to test a different charger with BCL. AccuBattery reports a charging current of 1.4amps with the Samsung which is a comfortable 1/2C charge rate.
I'm using 'Charging_enabled Universal' control file /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled
Is there a list of other files to try?

Thanks.

Never got any answers here...but finally got it working.

Had problems installing the latest nightly from LineageOS and fighting mysterious power drain so I was reviewing BetterBatteryStats dumps and saw that my kernel was a Debug version.
I saw others in the Lineage thread were using the Franco kernel so I decided to give it a shot.
First thing I noticed was incredible battery saving when the phone was asleep AND BCL is now working. The charge stops where it should, AccuBattery indicates it IS discharging, and charge resumes when lower percentage is reached.
The Following User Says Thank You to davekra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davekra Ad-Free
11th June 2018, 03:38 PM |#1863  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarere

Good afternoon,

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

13th June 2018, 10:58 PM |#1864  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharshaarangi

Todo:

@op - can I get by with just using ADB to grant 'WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS' permission to your app rather than having root capability?
Edit: well, that doesn't work because it's not a permission that your app requires. I guess I'm wondering if there's a way to use ADB permissions to grant the necessary access to the control files rather than requiring root (since my device doesn't support bootloader unlocking).
14th June 2018, 02:40 PM |#1865  

More
Quote:

Good Morning,

Can you put it in the first post of the thread to facilitate finding it?
Thank you.

Regards
14th June 2018, 02:52 PM |#1866  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:

Good afternoon,

Where is the 1.1.1 version download link?

Regards.

Quote:

Good Morning,

Can you put it in the first post of the thread to facilitate finding it?
Thank you.

Regards

I can edit only my posts my friend.Only the creator of the thread can edit the first post.
14th June 2018, 05:00 PM |#1867  

More
Quote:

I can edit only my posts my friend.Only the creator of the thread can edit the first post.

Good afternoon,

Sorry, I did not realize that you were not the developer of the app.

Regards

14th June 2018, 06:15 PM |#1868  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[APP][ROOT][4.0+]Battery Charge Limit v1.1.1
Starting Activity com.slash.batterychargelimit.LimitChangeActivity with a ACTION_SEND intent, using MIME type "text/x-battery-limit" and supplying the percentage as String with Intent extra "android.intent.extra.TEXT" (Intent.EXTRA_TEXT). This will cause the receiving Activity to pop up for a short moment. The Intent should be provided with FLAG_ACTIVITY_NO_HISTORY, otherwise the main activity of this app will become the foreground Activity after sending the Intent. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher
The Following User Says Thank You to imenz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imenz Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 12:02 PM |#1869  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Permissions required but not requested?

I've stumbled across a potential issues regarding permissions "BATTERY_STATS"and "RESET_BATTERY_STATS".

Checking the BCL 1.1.1 permissions within Android Settings shows that no permissions are requested.
Checking BCL with the app "Android Permissions" shows that the permissions mentioned above are denied.
Same result when you check the system log.

Android version is AICP Nougat on a Samsung i9305.

Any solution?
18th June 2018, 09:10 PM |#1870  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Has anyone been able to have this run on rooted Oneplus 6 for longer than 30 minutes?

I use a timer on my charger, no dash charging, and the limiter works for the full 30 minutes of charging, but when I change the setting to 3 hours it quits sometime in there and my phone charges to 100%.

I charge at night so I am not sure a logcat would be helpful by the time I take one in the morning to take one.

Thanks.
18th June 2018, 09:18 PM |#1871  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Hi, just started using your app and i love it!
There is one thingie though, the icon on the statusbar looks way too much as the telegram icon.
Is there any chance that in a future version we can change the icon so i don't get the false hope of someone finally messaging me? 😀
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charge, charging limit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)