Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from harsha1397: App to stop charging at desired limit
16th February 2017, 12:42 AM |#11  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,688

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha1397

Did you get a chance to test it? Is it working as expected?

Seems to work on my LeEco Pro 3. Charging icon switched to normal battery at 80%.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170215-193653.jpg
Views:	22542
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	4042896  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ace42 Ad-Free

16th February 2017, 02:21 AM |#12  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 192

More
This is what I have been looking for!
Thank you for the app!

I tried it and its stop charging after 95% 😁
Im on xperia z5 Nougat.

But the notification doesnt go away when I unplug the charger's cable from the phone.
Turning off the app but did make the notification disappear.

Another question.
Does it really stop the charger from giving electricity to our phone?
Or does it only change the charging status?
Im scared that the app tells that it stopped charging, but the electricity is still going on.

Gesendet von meinem E6653 mit Tapatalk
16th February 2017, 03:09 AM |#13  
Flag Astral Planet
Thanks Meter: 498

More
Can somebody explain to me, why someone would want to limit the charging current?
The Following User Says Thank You to Freddy1X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freddy1X Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 04:30 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 601

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitose_ndy

This is what I have been looking for!
Thank you for the app!

I tried it and its stop charging after 95%
Im on xperia z5 Nougat.

But the notification doesnt go away when I unplug the charger's cable from the phone.
Turning off the app but did make the notification disappear.

Another question.
Does it really stop the charger from giving electricity to our phone?
Or does it only change the charging status?
Im scared that the app tells that it stopped charging, but the electricity is still going on.

Gesendet von meinem E6653 mit Tapatalk

1. Regarding notification, (I have updated the OP as well):
The app only gets kicked in while you connect a charger (or USB), and automatically closes shortly after unplugging (not immediate, it closes after percentage drops more than 3% below the limit because the app doesn't know whether the cable is physically connected or not, since we disable charging at the limit. So, after it drops below 3% and (a)the charger is still connected, it charges again to the limit, and (b)if it is disconnected, then the notification closes) .

So, it is not a bug.
2. Does it really stop the charger from giving electricity to our phone?
It actually stops charging at the limit. It is in the same way any phone automatically stops charging when the battery reaches 100% capacity.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 04:32 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy1X

Can somebody explain to me, why someone would want to limit the charging current?

tl;dr : To prolong battery life in long term
For more information: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
The Following User Says Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 07:37 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

Does the battery percentage continue to rise beyond the limit? Regarding notification, it doesn't immediately go away after unplugging. It goes away after the percentage drops 3% below the limit. It is to ensure that the phone again charges to the limit if the phone is still plugged in. If it is not plugged in, then notification closes.

Exactly. It continues to charge.
16th February 2017, 08:04 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy202

Exactly. It continues to charge.

Weird. Seems to work on other devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 08:23 AM |#18  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,688

More
Quote:

Is it possible that some kernels aren't compatible with this, or even certain SoCs? I have a Kindle Fire with a mediatek, so I'll test the app on there later.
16th February 2017, 08:55 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

Maybe I'll try another kernel. Anyway I wanted to change my rom . Actually it's always the other way around. Other people have Bugs except me, this time I have no luck haha.
16th February 2017, 08:57 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42

Is it possible that some kernels aren't compatible with this, or even certain SoCs? I have a Kindle Fire with a mediatek, so I'll test the app on there later.

I don't know the reason(I don't think this is kernel dependent), but this file is the key: /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled
It should be 1 by default. And when it reaches the limit, the value is made 0 by the app.
16th February 2017, 09:03 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

I don't know the reason(I don't think this is kernel dependent), but just check this file(whether it exists): /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled
It should be 1 by default. And when it reaches the limit, the value is made 0 by the app.

I have checked the file. The app should work, since the file exists. But I don't understand why it's "0", even after I deleted your app and did a restart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freezy202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freezy202 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charge, charging limit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)