FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT][4.0+]Battery Charge Limit v1.1.1

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 657

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from harsha1397: App to stop charging at desired limit
14th August 2019, 04:32 AM |#2321  
Stupid question time. On tab s4 when it runs says will stop at 80% like I set. But I also have it set to charge at below 53% so if it's at 65% and you plug it in should it not charge till it sees its below this? It's just charging and saying it will stop at 80%.
Malcolm

14th August 2019, 05:32 AM |#2322  
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan

Stupid question time. On tab s4 when it runs says will stop at 80% like I set. But I also have it set to charge at below 53% so if it's at 65% and you plug it in should it not charge till it sees its below this? It's just charging and saying it will stop at 80%.
Malcolm

If the app is working properly, it shouldn't charge until it drops to 52%.
14th August 2019, 06:20 AM |#2323  
Quote:
Originally Posted by post-mortem

If the app is working properly, it shouldn't charge until it drops to 52%.

Charged to 80, it stayed, and now if you unplug and plug it in it won't charge, I'm gonna use it till 50 and see what happens. The notification is still there stating the threshold but if says if unplugged disable service so should it still be up there or only show up when plugged in? Either way it appears to be working. Next question if I reboot on next plug in will it auto launch the service?
Thanks.
Malcolm
14th August 2019, 06:43 AM |#2324  
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan

Charged to 80, it stayed, and now if you unplug and plug it in it won't charge, I'm gonna use it till 50 and see what happens. The notification is still there stating the threshold but if says if unplugged disable service so should it still be up there or only show up when plugged in? Either way it appears to be working. Next question if I reboot on next plug in will it auto launch the service?
Thanks.
Malcolm

Yes, it should auto-launch on reboot.

To make testing easier, raise your lower charge limit for now. Make it 77-80% and watch it start and stop charging.
14th August 2019, 06:47 AM |#2325  
Quote:
Originally Posted by post-mortem

Yes, it should auto-launch on reboot.

To make testing easier, raise your lower charge limit for now. Make it 77-80% and watch it start and stop charging.

Seems good, I guess it has go to the limit to restart the Guage each time you change a setting.
Malcolm
14th August 2019, 07:00 AM |#2326  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Feature Req./Question: I have an unrooted Moto G5 Plus on stock Oreo.

Does your app have any settings for non-rooted phones? With ADB maybe?

I'd be content with just a simple sound being played at 80% or 90%. I've found a dozen non-root/non-adb apps that will play the notif. sound of your choice...at 100% charge ONLY! None have option to change trigger %. Seems it'd be easy to code...but maybe not. Not even with ADB. or so it seems.

Tia for your time...

Edit: Took another look and found one with adj. level notif.! Lol...
14th August 2019, 07:48 AM |#2327  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I just checked Moto G6 Plus XT1926-7 with stock Pie rooted with Magisk.
It works well with the "battery_charging_enabled" profile.
When charging reaches the set limit, it then keeps showing Status "Charging and ma flow: +3mA.
Which I think is almost perfect. Battery is not discharging and +3mA is not that much (close to zero). It may be not a good idea to leave charging by 3mA for a week, but for a night is ok

UPDATE: I left the phone charging for 12 hours with the upper limit set to 80% and lower limit set to 70%. After 12 hrs, the battery was 78%, Status "Charging and ma flow: +1mA.
The battery history showed that the device quickly went from 80% to 78% , and then was staying at 78% for the rest of the time (with the upper limit 80% and lower limit 70%).

Then, I reconnected the charger and the device started rapidly charging from 78% to 80%

It would be helpful if an app records and ads up battery's incoming current flow (when battery is being charged) and, separately, battery's discharging current flow. So, over a period of time, we will get two numbers: battery incoming charge,say, 1500mA*h and battery discharge, say, -500mA*h.
Is such battery statistics available? How to get it?
15th August 2019, 05:27 PM |#2328  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik

It would be helpful if an app records and ads up battery's incoming current flow (when battery is being charged) and, separately, battery's discharging current flow. So, over a period of time, we will get two numbers: battery incoming charge,say, 1500mA*h and battery discharge, say, -500mA*h.

You can use FK Kernel Manager in the Play Store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190815-182354.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	4806326  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fujyoshi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fujyoshi Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 05:57 PM |#2329  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujyoshi

You can use FK Kernel Manager in the Play Store.

In the picture, it shows electric current, but I need electric charge (and discharge) over a period of time
16th August 2019, 10:48 AM |#2330  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 361

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb Charge-discharge log - AccuBattery app
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik

The app "AccuBattery" does that, Check its History panel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hgmichna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hgmichna Ad-Free
16th August 2019, 01:24 PM |#2331  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmichna

The app "AccuBattery" does that, Check its History panel.

Yep !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-141925.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	4806662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190816-140452.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	4806663  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fujyoshi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fujyoshi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charge, charging limit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)