Announcement from harsha1397: App to stop charging at desired limit
17th June 2020, 08:12 AM |#2621  
Thanks Meter: 4,295

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovodroid

Hi,

default charge level in this app is 80%. But what is optimal level in the terms of voltage for modern batteries? There are different claims, partially based on old Li-Ion chemistry batteries.

The optimal level is within 40-60% (3.7-3.9 Volts).
I shoot for 45%.
17th June 2020, 08:37 AM |#2622  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
As I understand over-voltage causes electrolyte degradation, and under-voltage causes SEI (Solid Electrolyte Interphase) layer build up.

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/..._li_ion_to_die
Quote:

Similar to an EV, Li-ion in satellites must also endure a lifespan of 8 years and more. To achieve this, the cells are charged to only 3.90V/cell and lower. An interesting discovery was made by NASA in that Li-ion dwelling above 4.10V/cell tend to decompose due to electrolyte oxidation on the cathode, while those charged to lower voltages lose capacity due to the SEI buildup on the anode.

NASA reports that once Li-ion passes the 8 year mark after having delivered about 40,000 cycles in a satellite, cell deterioration caused by this phenomenon progresses quickly. Charging to 3.92V/cell appears to provide the best compromise in term of maximum longevity, but this reduces the capacity to only about 60 percent.

Even here we have values 4.1, 3.92 and 3.9.
But I guess that exact voltage depends on chemistry.
17th June 2020, 09:16 PM |#2623  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Delete
18th June 2020, 08:34 AM |#2624  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. A

I don't have the same problem that you described in your previous post, at least I don't think so. Haven't checked it out too much.

Yes block the wakelocks that occur while using acca or battery charge limit to avoid 2-3% standby drain during the night and so on. Just make sure to take your time to test it out and make sure everything still works when blocking the wakelock.

I attached a screenshot of the wakelocks I'm blocking. Haven't been blocking all these for that long but my standby drain is about 0.5% per hour at the moment while charging cable still plugged in and everything seem to work and I haven't experienced any problem with massive drain later or so. Also this is on my poco f1.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had been looking for an app to block wakelocks reliably for some time. Just started. Hopefully this will do the trick.
P.S. Only those depicted in your ss need to blocked? Also safe to apply on boot?
18th June 2020, 10:49 AM |#2625  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn1987

Thanks for the suggestion. I had been looking for an app to block wakelocks reliably for some time. Just started. Hopefully this will do the trick.
P.S. Only those depicted in your ss need to blocked? Also safe to apply on boot?

I've haven't found any problem by blocking these, it's not that easy finding out exactly what they do though. I suggest you try yourself and start blocking both kernel and app wakelocks which is keeping your phone awake for long amounts of time if you run into a problem revert the last blocked wakelock. Also don't block any wakelock containing "PowerManager" etc. Those are basically catch alls from what I've found out. So if you block them you'll most likely run into problems.
29th June 2020, 07:12 AM |#2626  
Charging control file on Realme 6 Pro (RMX2061)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-29-13-06-50-99_8e83d07f350116947e2a7caeff30f633.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	5049987  
29th June 2020, 08:43 PM |#2627  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,631

More
Unfortunately app doesn't work on my new Poco F2 Pro.
On my Mi 9T Pro it worked flawless.
30th June 2020, 08:50 AM |#2628  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001

Unfortunately app doesn't work on my new Poco F2 Pro.
On my Mi 9T Pro it worked flawless.

Good morning,
Try this to see if it works for you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=73676068

Regards

Enviado desde mi unknown mediante Tapatalk
1st July 2020, 11:58 AM |#2629  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
FYI, I found that the following CTRL file works for wireless charging on my phone (LG V30):

/sys/class/power_supply/dc-wireless/charging_enabled

Many thanks to the developer for this great app. If I may make a suggestion, it would nice if we could designate multiple CTRL files so that the service could work with both wired and wireless. If it's not possible to detect which charging method is being used, you could possibly just enable/disable both files at the same time. Edit: Also, adding that path as one of the pre-defined ones in the app would be quite useful, I'm sure.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one quirk that I've noticed is that, only when using that path for wireless, the app ignores the "Recharge below" setting and starts recharging as soon as the percentage drops 1% below the max.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osprey00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Osprey00 Ad-Free
Yesterday, 08:00 PM |#2630  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey00

FYI, I found that the following CTRL file works for wireless charging on my phone (LG V30):

/sys/class/power_supply/dc-wireless/charging_enabled

Many thanks to the developer for this great app. If I may make a suggestion, it would nice if we could designate multiple CTRL files so that the service could work with both wired and wireless. If it's not possible to detect which charging method is being used, you could possibly just enable/disable both files at the same time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one quirk that I've noticed is that, only when using that path for wireless, the app ignores the "Recharge below" setting and starts recharging as soon as the percentage drops 1% below the max.

After this I went looking on my V40 Thinq (LM-V405QA) and found this file:

/sys/devices/platform/soc/a90000.i2c/i2c-4/4-0061/power_supply/wireless/charging_enabled

Without a wireless charger I cannot test. But I have added it to my Tasker routines that approximate what this app does. So both wired and wireless get written. Thanks
Yesterday, 10:34 PM |#2631  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedavidp

After this I went looking on my V40 Thinq (LM-V405QA) and found this file:

/sys/devices/platform/soc/a90000.i2c/i2c-4/4-0061/power_supply/wireless/charging_enabled

Without a wireless charger I cannot test. But I have added it to my Tasker routines that approximate what this app does. So both wired and wireless get written. Thanks

Yeah, that's the same file. The path that I gave includes symbolic links and, if you follow it in a file manager, resolves to a path very similar to what you gave, which looks to be specific to the SOC. On my LG V30, which has a Snapdragon 835, a couple of numbers are different than yours on an 845. In other words, the shorter path is the one that should exist on most phones (at least ones with wireless capability) while the longer one will differ slightly from phone to phone. Either one works with Battery Charge Limit, I've found, but the generic one is probably the better one to use.

I didn't consider automating writing of the files. I may have to try that. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charge, charging limit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)