Thanks Meter: 589

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from harsha1397: App to stop charging at desired limit
16th February 2017, 09:03 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha1397

I don't know the reason(I don't think this is kernel dependent), but just check this file(whether it exists): /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled
It should be 1 by default. And when it reaches the limit, the value is made 0 by the app.

I have checked the file. The app should work, since the file exists. But I don't understand why it's "0", even after I deleted your app and did a restart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freezy202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freezy202 Ad-Free

16th February 2017, 09:16 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy202

I have checked the file. The app should work, since the file exists. But I don't understand why it's "0", even after I deleted your app and did a restart.

It is 1 as default for me, when it is made 0, the phone doesn't charge even when connected to charger.
So, for me
1: Charging enabled
0: Charging disabled
Try this once: Make that file 1(using any root file manger/terminal) while connected to charger, and see if charging stops.
The Following User Says Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 01:33 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy1X

Can somebody explain to me, why someone would want to limit the charging current?

https://www.wirelessdesignmag.com/bl...smartphone-now
17th February 2017, 03:50 AM |#24  

More
maybe a widget???thanks!!
17th February 2017, 06:07 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

maybe a widget???thanks!!

Didn't get you. Can you be more precise? What is the functionality you are expecting from the widget?
17th February 2017, 06:41 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha1397

It is 1 as default for me, when it is made 0, the phone doesn't charge even when connected to charger.
So, for me
1: Charging enabled
0: Charging disabled
Try this once: Make that file 1(using any root file manger/terminal) while connected to charger, and see if charging stops.

Still no luck. Tried different kernel, another rom. I tried to modify the mentioned file with a root Explorer, but I got an error message. Maybe it has something to do with the error, why your app can't change the file.
17th February 2017, 10:12 AM |#27  

More
just to set on-off more quickly!another thing is that yesterday I dissabled the charge limit and my phone didnt charge.I had to reboot.so the widget could do all this process for us 😉
17th February 2017, 01:37 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

just to set on-off more quickly!another thing is that yesterday I dissabled the charge limit and my phone didnt charge.I had to reboot.so the widget could do all this process for us

Thanks for the feedback! The will be on my todo list. I wonder why it didn't charge after disabling it !?!
The Following User Says Thank You to sriharshaarangi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sriharshaarangi Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 02:43 PM |#30  

More
I dont know!can anyone confirm this?I will test again!
just confirmed!it was 83%,pulled charger off,disabled limit,put charger again and dont charge!but there is the thunder icon on battery...http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58a70e88...17-120110.png?
I dont know if this has to do with this mod...but this popup appears always to me!!what is it???
17th February 2017, 03:44 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I dont know!can anyone confirm this?I will test again!
just confirmed!it was 83%,pulled charger off,disabled limit,put charger again and dont charge!but there is the thunder icon on battery...http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58a70e88...17-120110.png?
I dont know if this has to do with this mod...but this popup appears always to me!!what is it???

Which mobile are you using?
I tried what you said, but it was charging for me and connecting charger without rebooting.
Try the same thing once more, and just after disabling limit, and before charging, check this file:
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_enabled
It is changed to 1 when disabled(It should work like this). If It is 0 for you even after disabling, then that's the reason it is not charging.

That supersu access request is not related to this app. Do you have xposed and whatsapp extensions installed? Refer this link: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...sking-for-root
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...er-permissions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charge, charging limit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)